The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Ebony SW810

Tex

Subscriber Member
For those intertested, I have posted images of my Ebony SW810 in my gallery.

Image #6 shows it with a 210mm SS XL Schneider and image #4 shows a 150XL mounted.

An optional 4x5 reduction back is shown in some of the images.

Thanks!

Stuart Richardson

Beautiful camera Tex. I use a very similar (though smaller) one, the SV45ti. I also use the schneider lenses -- I have two -- a 110mm super symmar XL and the 210 APO Symmar L. It really is a beautiful and functional camera. And so light!

Here are some shots with it:

I look forward to seeing some images from yours!

Lars

That 210 XL sure is a beast, makes the camera look small. Too big and heavy (and expensive) for me though, the center filter for the 150 XL was expensive enough to replace. I use an older Fuji 210/5.6 that covers 8x10 with some wiggle room.

Question: if you wanted to temporarily get a little more extension, have you seen any good options for that? On my smaller Ebonies I use their tophat extension, but that's for up to size 1 shutters only. and the tophat extension concept is probably not the best idea once you get into large lenses.

Tex

Subscriber Member
Lars, I never have thought about using anything longer than a 360 - in fact 90% of my LF 810 work is 150mm to 240mm.

The 210XL allows an enormous amount of movement to be used on the SW810 (which can easily handle the task).

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Tex,

Please allow me to add a few links direct to your gallery:

About 8 or so more in his gallery!