Site Sponsors

Thread: Time to squeeze in one more guess-fest?!?

Ranger 9

Time to squeeze in one more guess-fest?!?

I know, only a few more hours until the big Leica reveal -- but after that it's going to be a long dry spell with [probably] nothing but Olympus EP-2 rumors over which to gossip... so...

What do you make of this?
    [linked from Leicarumors.com]

Anyone care to take a last-minute stab at the "something" they might announce?

Here are a few guesses [and reactions] to get you started...

"Leica is proud to announce that...

"...Annie Leibovitz owes us money." [Pfft. Whom doesn't she owe money?]

"...the whole M9 thing was a hoax. There is no such camera. The pictures in that leaked brochure were all taken with our new X1 camera -- a compact camera so good its pictures fooled everyone." [That whooshing sound you hear is dealers absconding to the Bahamas with deposit money.]

"...we have been bought out by Samsung and are cancelling our current products to work on the next generation of NX cameras and camera phones." [That thumping sound you hear is Leica purists throwing themselves off their hotel balconies.]

Your turn...

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Time to squeeze in one more guess-fest?!?

I prefer to believe it is Nikon rather than Samsung, and not a takeover but a cooperation about 35mm DSLRs
    Imagine "Nikon + Leica" taking up competition with "Sony Alpha + Zeiss" ...
    That would make an interesting race for affordable 35mm DSLR cameras combined with magic optics.
    Just wishful thinking, I know

Subscriber & Workshop Member GrahamWelland's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Time to squeeze in one more guess-fest?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bondo View Post
    I prefer to believe it is Nikon rather than Samsung, and not a takeover but a cooperation about 35mm DSLRs
    Imagine "Nikon + Leica" taking up competition with "Sony Alpha + Zeiss" ...
    That would make an interesting race for affordable 35mm DSLR cameras combined with magic optics.
    Just wishful thinking, I know
    I know it's fantasy but Leica glass for the Nikon mount that didn't require stop down metering and worked with the CPU would have me salivating at the dealer's door with a fistful of cash (and a trunk full of Nikon & Zeiss ZF glass for sale) ...