The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M9 images

N

nei1

What did you think of it Erik?.....Could you handle the X1?...does it feel like a quality camera?.....Neil.

Daniel

may we see a couple of shots taken in the highest ISO? possible?

i love how the ISO 1600 looks. it has a texture that reminds me of film grain. i'm assuming these were taken in JPG instead of DNG and converted to JPG.

Last edited:

Erik Five

The only camera they had was the M9. I only have iso 160, 1000 and 1600. Sorry. I can fix a yousendit upload if anyone is interested in fondling the DNG´s. You can open them in CS4 and probably several other RAW converters as well.

Double Negative

Not Available
I can't quite put my finger on it yet, but I've noticed in a few shots from both dpreview.com and lenstips.com - are the corners a bit soft? I know I saw it in the Tri-Elmar shot, but even a 2/50 Summicron seems to show it a little. Server problems are keeping the latter images offline at the moment, argh.

Seascape

I find the DP Review sample very disappointing (looking at the hi res downloads), I am certain the M9 is capable of better....my M8 gives much better results.

Makes you wonder why they even post samples when they are not reflective of the real capabilities of the camera. Then again this is consistent with samples of other high performance cameras, that just don't look all that impressive on their site.

Erik Five

HI Eric
How did it feel like an m6 or was there some shutter delay?
thanks David
Hey David

I only had it for a couple of minutes and didnt pay to much attention. I might go back tomorrow to get some more shots done when its more quiet. Also will check out shutter lag, menu´s etc. I dont think its as snappy as the M6 though...

I have started to link to DNG downloads under the pics. 2 done 4 to go. I used CS4.

LJL

Well, I was able to open it in Aperture (not bad, but noise levels look high there). I was also able to open it in CS3 without any problem, and noise looked a little less, but colors were not as snappy. I then opened it in C1 v4.8.1 and it looked very good. The noise I saw in Aperture (upper right side of image in dark shadow area) was more color blotches, while in C1 v4.8.1, it was transformed more to look like JPEG artifacts of some sort. Hard to explain that part, but the overall colors and appearance in C1 v4.8.1 were the nicest of the bunch.

LJ