The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Buy M9 NOW?

charlesphoto

Anyone know where I can pick up an M9 asap? Leaving on a trip the 18th and would love to have it. Probably asking too much but who knows...

oc garza

Most the M9 threads seem to indicate that they will be in VERY SHORT supply for months as pre-orders are filled.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Best chance is in Europe or Asia, since only 20 M9 bodies arrived in the US this week, and are obviously all sold.

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
These numbers show that cameras are not leaving the factory as expected. If the production rate is 1000 month (at full capacity and output)....then the USA should get 2-300 month . This week shipment at less than half..shows that an inventory build up prior to the launch may not have been achieved.

Will not change a thing .

The other possibility is that some pre launch batches are being leaked into the market at a rate that allows some beta testing . Would make sense..if anything really bugs the customer base..and only a few hundred cameras out...much easier to manage.

Not like Leica will lose many orders for slow delivery..probably just the opposite.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Marc - I will not be surprised if your PM box fills with offers to take you up on that!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Geez you mean I can make 8500 in profit right now. Oh wait Leica has my address. LOL

BTW it just showed up. Time to play

monza

Here's one of the 20.

Oops...it's already gone. Sorry! :)

[The attached sheet reminds the user to update the firmware.]

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Awww... now this thread's just getting cruel ... :cry:

No call from the dealer today so I guess it's not this week. :sleep006:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Mine comes tomorrow... just in time for the weekend, and a week long trip. Looking forward to shooting an M again!