The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Nice. Col de Petit Saint-Bernard? It looks like there was great snow all over this year. How many frames are panoramaed in this one?

scott
Hi Scott
Close . . but no banana. It's actually the La Rosiere side, looking towards St Foy and Les Arcs . . . but then, it's only a 20 minute ride to the Col de Petit Saint Bernard, so maybe you should be let off!

Five frames I think - hand held (tripod skiing? not for me!).

jonoslack

Hi Cindy
Thank you for the kind words
Scott - here is one of the Col de Petit Saint Bernard

You can see the station of the Bellecombe two on the left, and the piste down from the Fort at La Rosiere on the extreme right.

Lloyd

Hi Cindy
Thank you for the kind words

You can see the station of the Bellecombe two on the left, and the piste down from the Fort at La Rosiere on the extreme right.
Stunning, Jono. Wow.

scott kirkpatrick

Aren't your two shots the same long narrow valley from its two ends, or from the middle looking in the two directions? The rock formations in each shot have the same geological style to them. Plus I rememer the long nearly horizontal lift that appears in the first one.

Anyway, I think I prefer these two panoramas to this bravura exercise, and the equipment cost involved was as much as 1/10 of the other. An even bigger ratio if you add in the cost of getting to the scene. Ah, that economical pocket Leica approach!

scott

M

MEB

Spring on Campus

I live 2 miles from the campus of Michigan State University. Spring hit today with sun and mid-50s temps. The mood was upbeat for both the wildlife and for the citizens. M8 with 28 Elmarit.

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

helenhill

Il Buco...a Restaurant I am redoing after a number of yrs. .... The Decorative Wall Finishes :)
its kinda Hipster ,lay low cool...Old World Italian
Clint Eastwood recently threw a small Dinner Party for "The Changeling' there
m8/1962 lux

Lloyd

Il Buco...a Restaurant I am redoing Decorative Wall Finishes for...:)
its kinda Hipster ,lay low cool...Old World Italian
Clint eastwood recently threw a small Dinner Party for "The Changeling' there
m8/1962 lux
Nice!! Love the light... wonderful stuff!! :thumbup:

Lloyd

Re: Spring on Campus

I live 2 miles from the campus of Michigan State University. Spring hit today with sun and mid-50s temps. The mood was upbeat for both the wildlife and for the citizens. M8 with 28 Elmarit.

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)
Nice series, Mark. Shows the 28 Elmarit's well-deserved reputation to good advantage. I particularly like the first image, btw. :salute:

jaapv

Subscriber Member

I've neglected you guys for too long:(...
Here is a Visoflex/TE 135 shot for spring...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Spring? Hah. My backyard still looks like Jono's beautiful photo (minus the mountain and the dramatic sky). But I will offer this recycled shot from last year, this time in B&W.

Lloyd

Spring? Hah. My backyard still looks like Jono's beautiful photo (minus the mountain and the dramatic sky). But I will offer this recycled shot from last year, this time in B&W.
Wonderful shot, Tim. What were you using here?

Lloyd

My grandniece, from a family gathering this evening.

35 'Cron ASPH:

jonoslack

Lloyd - great family shots - your co-grandfather looks about as grainy as I feel :p
Tim - great flower shot with the lux
Helen - that place looks right up my street, wonderful.

Here are a couple of the col de Petit St Barnard
terrifying using an M8 on that ski lift. . . . incidentally, all these 28 'cron shots are WITHOUT any lens shade (I left it at home).

Lunch Time (with the 75 'cron)

jonoslack

Aren't your two shots the same long narrow valley from its two ends, or from the middle looking in the two directions? The rock formations in each shot have the same geological style to them. Plus I rememer the long nearly horizontal lift that appears in the first one.

Anyway, I think I prefer these two panoramas to this bravura exercise, and the equipment cost involved was as much as 1/10 of the other. An even bigger ratio if you add in the cost of getting to the scene. Ah, that economical pocket Leica approach!

scott
HI Scott
I'm afraid the link didn't work, but I'm aware of the trip. I simply don't have the patience to do these things 'properly', and anyway, the idea of carrying a tripod when skiing is not one I find attractive! Perhaps the casual approach gives a casual feel?

The other panorama is actually in the next valley, but similar places

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Took a walk around the neighborhood yesterday afternoon. This little neighbor girl is actually named after my daughter, and is experiencing her first Spring - being outside and walking around.

All shot with the 50 lux pre-asph.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

I've neglected you guys for too long:(...
Here is a Visoflex/TE 135 shot for spring...
Good to see you back here! What a wonderful shot - gets me in the mood to go out and shoot some Spring flowers.