Site Sponsors
Page 125 of 201 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 175 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,250 of 10029

Thread: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

  1. #6201
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Interesting processing, Steve. Looks like a hand-tinted B&W. I like it.

    Jeff

  2. #6202
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    Interesting processing, Steve. Looks like a hand-tinted B&W. I like it.

    Jeff
    +1 What he said.

  3. #6203
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Love the cows Steve! Talk about that "Leica glow". Lens?

    ps - been enjoying your site. Don't stop!

  4. #6204
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by victoriapio View Post
    M8, 75 Summarit, f2.5
    The color version of the fog shot was impressive was well. And this shot is a winner!

  5. #6205
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A focusing exercise. Traded two Leica and one Nikon lens for a new 24 lux today. Rainy outside; so, I shot around the house. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
    Looks like it's working from here, Matt. (Wish I'd had the wherewithal to take that 24/2.8 off your hands. That was a sweet lens.)

  6. #6206
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Several with recycling them. M9 and 35lux.

    Kurt

  7. #6207
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Woody
    Lovely to see that someone else loves the WATE
    Matt - great shiny machine
    Piano Guys - splendid, but Simon, if you were a Nice Man you wouldn't show pictures like that taken with the 24 'lux

    We have a new puppy . . . hopefully Blue won't eat him

    I'm training him up in the art of photography
    You could call him the

    Billingham Puppy


    MATE M9


    His real name is Caspar, and he is a Berger des Pyrénées, and he is 7 weeks and 2 days old
    Jono - congratulations on the new family member.

    On the WATE I don't actually love it. I close friend once said "Never love anything that doesn't love you back". But I do really like it. WATE + MATE + 2.8 90 makes an ideal light weight landscape travel kit.

  8. #6208
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Jono - congratulations on the new family member.
    Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    On the WATE I don't actually love it. I close friend once said "Never love anything that doesn't love you back". But I do really like it. WATE + MATE + 2.8 90 makes an ideal light weight landscape travel kit.
    Ah well, I do take your point . . I'm not quite sure that I agree with your friend entirely, but he's right on the button with respect to cameras!
    I agree - it's a great kit - one I use a lot.
    all the best

    Just this guy you know

  9. #6209
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Jono; a beautiful, little doggy!
    Same old dog here - but some new snow. Mostly about texture.
    leif e
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  10. #6210
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    Same old dog here - but some new snow. Mostly about texture.
    leif e
    This is really beautiful, Leif. Nicely done indeed.

  11. #6211
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    This is really beautiful, Leif. Nicely done indeed.
    + 1!
    Woody, Miami Vice Like!
    Jono, Adorable!
    James, Hauntingly Awesome!
    OC, I too cannot decide! Both Magnificent!
    Matt, Tone,sharpness,composition...Super! You Jam?
    Kurt, 3d quality!
    Steve, love the PP!

  12. #6212
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Matt
    yes - she's the mum - rather small, the shot of the Dad gives a better idea - probably about 18" high - not huge, but he certainly won't fit in that Billingham bag!

    all the best
    Jono: But, not so big for the city! I have a friend in Canada who has a Portuguese Water dog. I was thinking of that; but, they've become a bit to "trendy". Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Last edited by m_driscoll; 25th January 2010 at 13:41.

  13. #6213
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    Love the cows Steve! Talk about that "Leica glow". Lens?

    ps - been enjoying your site. Don't stop!
    Steve: ++1. What they all said. I like that you're willing to push the PP (without being apologetic). Thanks for posting. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  14. #6214
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    Jono; a beautiful, little doggy!
    Same old dog here - but some new snow. Mostly about texture.
    leif e
    Leif: Very pretty. What's that white stuff? Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  15. #6215
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Lloyd: Thanks. buying the 24 lux was a spur of the moment thing. I didn't think they had one in stock. I'll probably end up buying the 24 Elmarit again at some time. It's a beautiful lens.

    Steve: Thanks. Haven't played in a while. I'm PP'g. The guitars are beautiful and I enjoy looking at them and occasionally playing one.

    Kurt: Nice photos; but, they sort of fit our (PNW; never been there) stereotype of what Milwaukee looks like.

    Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  16. #6216
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    182
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    A focusing exercise. Traded two Leica and one Nikon lens for a new 24 lux today. Rainy outside; so, I shot around the house. Thanks for looking. Cheers.
    Matt,
    Now I understand. Great choice and wonderful shots. Enjoy that lens. Frank

  17. #6217
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    As promised in my comment on Jono's images, here are a few of our puppy, who will be coming home in two weeks. Her ears have not yet fully popped up, but they will be huge when they do! M9 + 50mm Summilux ASPH:





    Jeff

  18. #6218
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    Matt,
    Now I understand. Great choice and wonderful shots. Enjoy that lens. Frank
    Frank: Thanks for the comment and understanding.. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  19. #6219
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    As promised in my comment on Jono's images, here are a few of our puppy, who will be coming home in two weeks. Her ears have not yet fully popped up, but they will be huge when they do! M9 + 50mm Summilux ASPH:


    Jeff
    Cute... so's the puppy.

  20. #6220
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Cute... so's the puppy.
    Hehe! My wife will appreciate that.

  21. #6221
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    cute pup! He's smaller then her hands! What kind of dog is it?

  22. #6222
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    cute pup! He's smaller then her hands! What kind of dog is it?
    Agree & my next question also...

  23. #6223
    Senior Member DavidE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    There have been some terrific photos over the past week (I've been tied up with work). Here's one of the leftover images from the CES/Las Vegas trip, shot with the 50 lux.



    [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

  24. #6224
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jono: But, not so big for the city! I have a friend in Canada who has a Portuguese Water dog. I was thinking of that; but, they've become a bit to "trendy". Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    HI Matt
    not so big indeed . . . . but I suspect not all that practical, I don't think you can leave them too easily, and they need a serious amount of exercise (we're exhausted already!). He looks a bit podgy, but in fact he's a streak of piss in a powder puff!

    Just this guy you know

  25. #6225
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    As promised in my comment on Jono's images, here are a few of our puppy, who will be coming home in two weeks. Her ears have not yet fully popped up, but they will be huge when they do! M9 + 50mm Summilux ASPH:
    HI Jeff - that's adorable, and probably more practical than our little fellow, who is already making bids for world domination and tearing about the house and garden at 200 miles an hour (at 7 weeks and 2 days!). He has a novel way of stopping, which entails running straight into your legs, like being attacked by an atomic powder puff!

    Just this guy you know

  26. #6226
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
    cute pup! He's smaller then her hands! What kind of dog is it?
    She is a Toy Fox Terrier. We currently have one, a standard tri-color who is now ten years old. Little Izzy (short for Isabella) is an interesting cross between a tan and white and a tri-color, so her coloration is a bit unique. Here's our current Toy Fox Terrier, Astro (also a girl) with my daughter. M8.2 + 50mm Summilux ASPH at f/2:



    Jeff

  27. #6227
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Jeff - that's adorable, and probably more practical than our little fellow, who is already making bids for world domination and tearing about the house and garden at 200 miles an hour (at 7 weeks and 2 days!). He has a novel way of stopping, which entails running straight into your legs, like being attacked by an atomic powder puff!
    Thanks, Jono. While small, these dogs are still true terriers, and have a lot of spirit! The neighborhood mice should be gravely concerned.

  28. #6228
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Jeff, I absolutely adore that last shot.

  29. #6229
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Jeff, I absolutely adore that last shot.
    Thanks, Kurt, it's a personal favorite. The story behind it is that we were getting some family photos taken in a state park, and as always I had my M8 on hand to shoot scenery, etc. While the photographer was changing lenses, my daughter started talking to the dog about some treats she had hidden in her closed fist. I saw Astro reach her paw up and fired off a series of shots on Continuous mode and got this one just as the paw touched her hand. The whole thing lasted no more than 2-3 seconds.

    Jeff

  30. #6230
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Jeff! That is so nice! Any doggy-person will be moved by that one.

    From Norway? Well, we can offer ... snow. This is nothing but a cliche. My point/excuse, however, is how impressing the cheap 4/25 Color Skopar (CV) is. I mean; the big lamp (top left corner) is the sun, after all.

    This morning, walking a bigger dog than your cuties. M8

    leif e
    Last edited by leif e; 26th January 2010 at 12:00. Reason: forgot pic
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  31. #6231
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow?

    We had a mild January thaw over the weekend that unfroze the river. But, temperatures this week should refreeze it.

    Kurt

  32. #6232
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Leif, nice shot. I used to live in WI, so I know all about snow!

    Kurt, nice shots of the river in Milwaukee. I have to say I don't really miss all that ice and snow now that I live in southern CA.

    Jeff

  33. #6233
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    This morning, walking a bigger dog than your cuties. M8
    Lovely Leif
    Our problem at the moment is that our bigger dog is not impressed by 'cute'. Hopefully puppy will have got a bit bigger before he tries to prove it

    Just this guy you know

  34. #6234
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Dogs are very good at sorting things out, in my experience!

    Our ideas of fairness and just/not just, don´t apply. Our Rulle thinks the world of himself as a male alfa or something. But; in the neighbourhood we have a very big and (close to serenity )calm dog who is something like a Russian Bear Dog/Hound. Anyway; Rulle met this guy for the first time five years ago, behaving very much like he owns the area (which he still thinks he does).

    The Russian neighbour lifted his right front paw once, placed it (gently!) on Rulle´s neck once. Since then Rulle has looked the other way each time we see the guy. Language!

    On the oter hand: On this large field we have here where dogs can run loose within safe borders, there is this little terrier thing. He will dominate every single dog around - and they all have a lot of fun.
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  35. #6235
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by leif e View Post
    Dogs are very good at sorting things out, in my experience!

    Our ideas of fairness and just/not just, don´t apply. Our Rulle thinks the world of himself as a male alfa or something. But; in the neighbourhood we have a very big and (close to serenity )calm dog who is something like a Russian Bear Dog/Hound. Anyway; Rulle met this guy for the first time five years ago, behaving very much like he owns the area (which he still thinks he does).

    The Russian neighbour lifted his right front paw once, placed it (gently!) on Rulle´s neck once. Since then Rulle has looked the other way each time we see the guy. Language!

    On the oter hand: On this large field we have here where dogs can run loose within safe borders, there is this little terrier thing. He will dominate every single dog around - and they all have a lot of fun.
    Hi Leif
    of course you're quite right - on the other hand, our flatcoat (who was previously rather a subservient kind of a guy, and who has never, ever even growled at a person) was attacked three times by dogs over a relatively short period. He's fairly big, very fast and very fit, and his response to this experience has been to respond first if someone growls at him . . . which, of course, puppies do all the time - the fact that he's 40kg, and the puppy is probably 1.5 means that a reflex response could be very damaging (a paw on the neck for instance). Careful chaperoning is required for a few weeks at least!

    In a month or so it should all be different - Caspar will be smaller (maybe 15kg), but much faster and more agile - they should have a lot of fun together (that's the idea at least!).

    Just this guy you know

  36. #6236
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Two days worth of posts, both from Mustique. M9 + WATE, in both cases at 16mm.




  37. #6237
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Two days worth of posts, both from Mustique.
    They're lovely pictures Woody . . . but, from a grey damp UK at -4 I'm not sure that I can ever forgive you.

    Just this guy you know

  38. #6238
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow?

    We had a mild January thaw over the weekend that unfroze the river. But, temperatures this week should refreeze it.

    Kurt
    Kurt: Nice photos. They capture the wet, bone-chilling, cold quite well. The first shot of the river's my favorite. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  39. #6239
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI Matt
    not so big indeed . . . . but I suspect not all that practical, I don't think you can leave them too easily, and they need a serious amount of exercise (we're exhausted already!). He looks a bit podgy, but in fact he's a streak of piss in a powder puff!
    Jono: Sounds like fun. Hopefully, your big dog won't squash him. Keep us apprised of his well-being with photos. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  40. #6240
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    DavidE: Another nice B&W from Vegas. Dynamic.

    Alnitak: Cute photo of your dog and your young lady. Nice moment with the paw and hand.

    Leif e: Very pristine photo with the snow , single track and the low sun.

    Woody: I had to google Mustique. Sorry i did. Well at least it's not raining here. The foliage and limb in the first photo make a pleasing contrast with the sand and cabana shadow. A question: is the photo compressed in width at all?

    Thanks everybody for sharing. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  41. #6241
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    It was sunny yesterday. Two versions of same photo. The B & W may be a bit dark? Thanks for looking. Cheers.

    M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/4000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160




    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  42. #6242
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Matt: Nice one... gotta take advantage of the weather when you can. Is that from the Broadway area?

  43. #6243
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by YamasDigital View Post
    Matt: Nice one... gotta take advantage of the weather when you can. Is that from the Broadway area?
    Your right. But in Seattle, the weather changes every hour. This in in Belltown on Blanchard St. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #6244
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Woody, thanks for the second shot. It's nice to see someone post an image with no perspective distortion.

  45. #6245
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    214
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow?

    We had a mild January thaw over the weekend that unfroze the river. But, temperatures this week should refreeze it.

    Kurt
    Kurt, hopefully this will warm you up a bit. I shot that same river a few months back, from almost the same angle. The difference being it was a LOT warmer then. This one's for you, buddy!


  46. #6246
    Senior Member leif e's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    595
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow?
    Kurt
    Kurt,
    I should hope so - at least! And; when it starts to go; a nice long trip to the mountains to find some more. Guess there´s a reason most people around here think highly of spring.

    By the way; my wife and daughter went to Zanzibar this week. They claim to have a great time.

    leif e
    F2, FM2, D700, 3,5/20 UD, 2/35, 3,5/55, CV 2,5/75 (all ai or ai´d), 1,8/85 af-d,
    2,8/60 af-d

  47. #6247
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow?

    We had a mild January thaw over the weekend that unfroze the river. But, temperatures this week should refreeze it.

    Kurt
    Interesting pix, Kurt. Thanks for sharing.

  48. #6248
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    DavidE: Another nice B&W from Vegas. Dynamic.

    Alnitak: Cute photo of your dog and your young lady. Nice moment with the paw and hand.

    Leif e: Very pristine photo with the snow , single track and the low sun.

    Woody: I had to google Mustique. Sorry i did. Well at least it's not raining here. The foliage and limb in the first photo make a pleasing contrast with the sand and cabana shadow. A question: is the photo compressed in width at all?

    Thanks everybody for sharing. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Natural geometric distortion at 16mm. Geometrically what is happening is the visual sphere that we live in is being projected onto a plane. With very wides this becomes evident - the lens design choices are to preserve scale relationships and let straight lines bend (fish-eye perspective is the extreme case) or keep lines straight in which case scale stretches as you near the edges. The effect of scale distortion is illustrated in a mercator projection of the earth, where Greenland looks bigger than South America. In landscape orientation the stretching at the sides of the frame at 16mm is obvious but often not objectionable. Here in portrait orientation with the main subject near the edge it's quite noticeable. The WATE is designed to keep straight lines straight.

    When I get a chance I'll use the distort tool in PS to refine this a bit and post again.

  49. #6249
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Time to liven this up with a new image. I drove 90 miles north of LA this past weekend to see some of the snow that fell in the mountains. Having spent most of my life in snowy climates, I really enjoy the LA weather, but every now and then a little snow is fun--especially if I can jump back in the car and in 90 minutes be back at home in 68F weather! Anyway, a simplistic image, all about texture. M9 + 50mm Summilux ASPH, f/5.6:



    Apologies about the giant signature; I was playing with the LR3 beta and it didn't come out right.

    Jeff

  50. #6250
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Natural geometric distortion at 16mm. Geometrically what is happening is the visual sphere that we live in is being projected onto a plane. With very wides this becomes evident - the lens design choices are to preserve scale relationships and let straight lines bend (fish-eye perspective is the extreme case) or keep lines straight in which case scale stretches as you near the edges. The effect of scale distortion is illustrated in a mercator projection of the earth, where Greenland looks bigger than South America. In landscape orientation the stretching at the sides of the frame at 16mm is obvious but often not objectionable. Here in portrait orientation with the main subject near the edge it's quite noticeable. The WATE is designed to keep straight lines straight.

    When I get a chance I'll use the distort tool in PS to refine this a bit and post again.
    Woody: Thanks for the explanation. Cheers.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •