The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

f 10

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hi F1
Lovely shot . . . but surely it wasn't shot at f1. I had a noctilux, and a this range, at f1, the depth of field was almost nothing. the fact that the hands and face are in focus at that range certainly doesn't feel like F1

Or am I speaking rubbish?
oooh my good, it´s true, it was 2,0
The combination of grain & sharping was too strong

jonoslack

oooh my good, it´s true, it was 2,0
The combination of grain & sharping was too strong
HI There
the minute I posted that I thought 'I'm a miserable nitpicker'.
Lovely shot anyway :)

helenhill

Very Coool ED..... Love your Out & About Set in NY
You should have sent me a PM
and I would have met You & Yours
for a few hours

All the Best-H

ecliffordsmith

Hi Helen,

Thanks!

I was thinking of PMing actually and then did not want to oblige.

We had a wonderful time though.

jonoslack

Nitpicker - why, you're absolutely right :)
Whilst being pedantic I could ask if that lovely picture in your avatar is of you?
and if so, aren't you a little young to have a noctilux . . and is that an ice-lolly in your hand?

Ed - I particularly like the last shot.
glad you had a good time, and sorry you was stood up Helen :)

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

Thanks, that is the interior of an old pub called 'Mc Sorley's Ale House' if I remember the name correctly. It is situated in the East Village area and is totally unlike anything else I had seen there. There was sawdust on the floor and when you order a beer you get two!

f 10

Whilst being pedantic I could ask if that lovely picture in your avatar is of you?
and if so, aren't you a little young to have a noctilux . . and is that an ice-lolly in your hand?
Hello Jono,
the best age for a Noctilux is between 3 and 99 years.:D

My avatar is a crop from a shot with 2,8/135. The google was adjusted and that´s the reason for the incorrect focus point.

But i love this shot - and i´m happy like a child when i play with my M8.
That´s the reason why i use this pic as my avatar.

And yes it´s a ice-lolly, but not my hand.

Last edited:

otumay

Here are a few evening shots with my new Elmarit 24mm. On the eve of a lovely Mothers' Day at Ortakoy Square on the Bosphorus, Istanbul.
Best regards,
Osman

Last edited:

otumay

Wow Osman, those 24 elmarit shots are niiiiccceee!
Thank you Steve. When your subject matter is this good, not to mention the Parliament blue of the evening, ending up with nice photographs is inevitable, even for a starter like me.
Best,
Osman

Lloyd

Hi All,

I trust all is well.

After a very busy work period I had a week off in NYC last week. The weather was not ideal but we had a fantastic time. I am slowly going through my shots so will post some in dribs and drabs.

I only took the M8 and 35 Summicron ASPH and never once felt like I needed anything else. The pair went to Leica for a lens/finder alignment whilst I was too busy to do much else than work and they are really perfectly in sync now.
Great stuff, from a great combination. Looking forward to more!:thumbup:

jonoslack

Hello Jono,
the best age for a Noctilux is between 3 and 99 years.:D

My avatar is a crop from a shot with 2,8/135. The google was adjusted and that´s the reason for the incorrect focus point.

But i love this shot - and i´m happy like a child when i play with my M8.
That´s the reason why i use this pic as my avatar.

And yes it´s a ice-lolly, but not my hand.
I'm really glad I asked - good story, nice shot

Osman, you shouldn't be showing shots like that, it isn't kind. Partly because you'll make us all want the lens, but mostly because we'll all want to go to Istanbul!

Steve - fab bird shot - the bokeh is lovely - those summarit lenses are obviously a great deal. The only pity with the 75 is that it doesn't focus so closely.

M8 as sports camera. Fittingly, a "retro" lens (50 rigid cron) for a new "retro" ballpark (citi "aka ebbets" field). best...Peter