Site Sponsors
Page 156 of 201 FirstFirst ... 56 106 146 154 155 156 157 158 166 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,800 of 10029

Thread: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

  1. #7751
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    David - Your wides continue to inspire.
    Matt - Wonderful city and outdoor shots of the Pacific Northwest.
    Knorp - I've sucker for all of the summarex goodness you are showing. Such an interesting look to that lens.
    Endre - Keep the shots coming ... it's great to be able to see what you see through your eyes.
    Unclear - Nice shots. Would love to see more.
    Ashwin - Somehow I knew you'd have to be a Garrison Keiller fan. He's one of those uniquely American treasures that will become more culturally important as the years past. Nice photos too.
    Jaap - Always nice to see your images.
    Don - I'm very happy that the M9 is working out for you (mostly so I can see your great southwest photos in this thread versus having to click on the MF image thread).
    Eleanor - I'm also a former Phase back user (had the P45+ back for about 18 months). I sold the back about 9 months ago as I determined that I just didn't want to lug the thing around anymore. I guess I find it difficult to be so deliberate.
    Tim - I really like the maple syrup shots. Again, another view into a slice of American life away from the big cities.
    Jeff - Gorgeous poppy shots. I like how you've used a narrower dof with some of them to give them a dreamier feel.
    John - So what's the verdict, John? How are you liking the M9 versus the M8 that you had? I'd be interested to hear what you think.

    Kurt

  2. #7752
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Jeff: Wonderful spring flower shots...a beautiful place you have come across, and well captured

    Roan: Amazing work as well. I particularly love the last one

    Woody. The in-home shot is just terrific!

    John: Lovely portrait with the creamy spring bokeh background!

    Matt: Glad to see you made it out there...my week-end adventure was to Glazers, hahah...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  3. #7753
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Two shots. The first: Early evening bokeh.

    The second: I walked past this bride-to-be finishing off a cigarette before she headed into a bar to join her raucous bridal party on Saturday night. For the moment, she still seemed aware of the plastic male genitalia dangling from her head.

    Kurt





  4. #7754
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Also forgot to mention Roan. Very good images, really like the low-light NYC shots.
    Woody - As Ashwin mentioned, the in-home shot is gorgeous.

  5. #7755
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Kurt,first one is rich with color & beauty! The 2nd is just Freaken Hysterical & Priceless!

  6. #7756
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Kurt, yes huge Garrison is truly an American treasure! It was even more poignant to see him and the act in person....
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  7. #7757
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Kurt, more Noctilux magic...interesting, the 2nd image almost has a Noct f/1 look to it. The first capture reminds me of the U2 song, "City of Blinding Lights"...
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  8. #7758
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    I really like this one...especially the little robin there.

    Jeff
    +1 Me too!

  9. #7759
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Two shots. The first: Early evening bokeh.

    The second: I walked past this bride-to-be finishing off a cigarette before she headed into a bar to join her raucous bridal party on Saturday night. For the moment, she still seemed aware of the plastic male genitalia dangling from her head.

    Kurt
    Both great, but the second, combined with the "rest of the story", is priceless.

  10. #7760
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    Woody, that birch is positively glowing. Love it.

    Jeff
    +1 here.

  11. #7761
    Member roanjoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    213
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Thanks for the props guys!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Kurt - would've never noticed the offensive object if you didn't point it out..... but she is giving the look of a kid who got caught from stealing in a cookie jar. In any case, great shot and LOL-inducing!!

    Roan :-)

  12. #7762
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Thanks Ashwin, Steve, Lloyd and Roan.

    Good eyes, Ashwin. The down-side of selling most of your other lenses to go with one ultra-premium lens is that, well, you don't have any other lenses. The up-side is that you can concentrate all of your efforts on that particular lens and how it draws. Experimenting in the latest version of C1, I noticed that the slider for clarity now includes functionality that allows you to move it into forward and negative values. In the past, I used the slider to bump up micro-contrast on images from the 35lux and 75lux to give them a bit more of a 3D look (at least to my eye). Because the new noct has such good contrast at the base level, is sharp wide open and produces such shallow depth of field, the full range of the clarity slider provides a great way to vary the look of the images produced with the lens. When I move the slider all the way back to -75 or -65, I get a softer look that is very reminiscent of the old noct or a 75lux. When I move the slider to the positive side at +15 to +25, the contrast in the image almost becomes too strong ... but the result is more definition that is closer to the look of a cron with shallow depth of field. Because of the sharpness of the lens at f0.95, over the past few days I've really enjoyed the soft, yet sharp images I can get with the slider moved into that -65 range. I'll try to post a sample to see if you can see a difference in the two images. To me, the new noct/M9 combination is a great combination to shoot with because you can alter the look in so many ways with just one lens ... and that's only taking into consideration f0.95.

    It was right before sunset, so this example shot is a warm one. The first is with the clarity slider at 0 ... the second is with the clarity slider at -65. It might be less pronounced in smaller jpegs, but there is a difference in the detail.

    Kurt
    Last edited by KurtKamka; 29th March 2010 at 09:02.

  13. #7763
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by roanjoh View Post
    Some low-light shots with the 35 Summilux. This lens will stay in my M8 for a very very long time - it is technically perfect in every way:

    #1

    Roan: Really like all three; but, this one's my favorite. I like the glow on the trees and the way it opens up in the middle to look down the street.

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Yesterday's rainy day post. M9 + 75mm lux @f 1.4.
    Woody: I like the tree. But, I really like the composition and coloring in this one. Very stylish!



    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Two shots. The first: Early evening bokeh.

    The second: I walked past this bride-to-be finishing off a cigarette before she headed into a bar to join her raucous bridal party on Saturday night. For the moment, she still seemed aware of the plastic male genitalia dangling from her head.

    Kurt


    Kurt: Both are great; but, that second one only comes along occasionally (once or twice a year, depending on where you live)! Nice capture.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  14. #7764
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by roanjoh View Post
    Some low-light shots with the 35 Summilux. This lens will stay in my M8 for a very very long time - it is technically perfect in every way:

    #1



    #2



    #3



    Roan
    Roan...Magnificent.

  15. #7765
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
    Seems like I'm always climbing stairs in Vegas.








    [My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
    David Love the interconnections & Color!
    Quote Originally Posted by endre novak View Post
    M8, elmarit 28

    Endre...Wow! Awesome!

  16. #7766
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    [QUOTE=ashwinrao1;197733]



    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    And a couple more from the stroll afterwards:


    These 2 for me Ashwin...Splendid!

  17. #7767
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's four more from the woods. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt.


    3. M9: 50mm f/1.4; 1/3000s @ f/1.4; ISO 160



    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Matt, super IQ & Image!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    I took a quick day trip today up to the Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve in Lancaster, CA. The poppies are pretty good this year, better than last year, although not as good as 2008. Still, lots of good photo opportunities. I actually ran into an old guy there with an M9--it's the first M9 I have seen other than a friend's and my own. The guy had to have been 85 or older, and was very nice. We talked M's and lenses for a bit. Anyway, on to the shots, all with the M9.

    WATE @ 21mm:



    Jeff
    Jeff, Orange like i've never seen! Excellent!

  18. #7768
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by John Black View Post
    Finally, some signs of spring in Dallas - just last weekend we had SNOW! 75 APO @ F2 / M9 -

    JB....Beautiful In Every Way!
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Yesterday's rainy day post. M9 + 75mm lux @f 1.4.
    Woody, framed subject, shallow DOF, I cant stop studying this! Very Cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by TRSmith View Post
    Wow. Just wow. Beautiful thread thanks to everyone's fine images.

    Not in the same league, but a couple from a visit to the maple sugar house this morning.
    T.R....Your Always In The Starting Lineup! Real Nice Set!

  19. #7769
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images


    The Mrs. with my nephew's dog Zoe.


    My great niece Ava with Zoe.
    M9, 50 Noct

  20. #7770
    Subscriber Member KurtKamka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,232
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    26

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Steve, both of those are gorgeous. Looks like one pampered pet.

    Kurt

  21. #7771
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Steve, both of those are gorgeous. Looks like one pampered pet.

    Kurt
    Thanks Kurt. Zoe is a Snuggle Bunny!

  22. #7772
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post
    The Mrs. with my nephew's dog Zoe.
    My great niece Ava with Zoe.
    M9, 50 Noct
    Both great, Steve. Nice processing on the second, but that first one steals the show!

  23. #7773
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Both great, Steve. Nice processing on the second, but that first one steals the show!
    Thanks Buddy.

  24. #7774
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Here's an experiment. I've been looking at people's panoramas and thought i'd try it. This is two horizontal photos "photomerged" in CS4 and then pp'd (should have shot 3 vertical in hindsight). I'll definitely try again,Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    M9; 24mm f/1.4


    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  25. #7775
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Here's an experiment. I've been looking at people's panoramas and thought i'd try it. This is two horizontal photos "photomerged" in CS4 and then pp'd (should have shot 3 vertical in hindsight). I'll definitely try again,Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt
    Looks great to me. Looking forward to more.

  26. #7776
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by shtarka1 View Post

    The Mrs. with my nephew's dog Zoe.


    My great niece Ava with Zoe.
    M9, 50 Noct
    Steve: Great shots. They have the "Leica" quality. Your post always seems to bring that out.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  27. #7777
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Looks great to me. Looking forward to more.
    Lloyd: Thanks. I stayed home with a cold today; so, I'm getting an early start on the forum. Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  28. #7778
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    shtarka1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    6,606
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Steve: Great shots. They have the "Leica" quality. Your post always seems to bring that out.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
    Appreciate it Matt! Real Nice Pano!

  29. #7779
    Senior Member endre novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Both great, Steve. Nice processing on the second, but that first one steals the show!
    agree on that. superb.

    incredible posts from all of you, Gentlemen. a complete bliss.
    Endre
    _____________________
    www.endrenovak.com

  30. #7780
    Senior Member endre novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by KurtKamka View Post
    Thanks Ashwin, Steve, Lloyd and Roan.

    Good eyes, Ashwin. The down-side of selling most of your other lenses to go with one ultra-premium lens is that, well, you don't have any other lenses. The up-side is that you can concentrate all of your efforts on that particular lens and how it draws. Experimenting in the latest version of C1, I noticed that the slider for clarity now includes functionality that allows you to move it into forward and negative values. In the past, I used the slider to bump up micro-contrast on images from the 35lux and 75lux to give them a bit more of a 3D look (at least to my eye). Because the new noct has such good contrast at the base level, is sharp wide open and produces such shallow depth of field, the full range of the clarity slider provides a great way to vary the look of the images produced with the lens. When I move the slider all the way back to -75 or -65, I get a softer look that is very reminiscent of the old noct or a 75lux. When I move the slider to the positive side at +15 to +25, the contrast in the image almost becomes too strong ... but the result is more definition that is closer to the look of a cron with shallow depth of field. Because of the sharpness of the lens at f0.95, over the past few days I've really enjoyed the soft, yet sharp images I can get with the slider moved into that -65 range. I'll try to post a sample to see if you can see a difference in the two images. To me, the new noct/M9 combination is a great combination to shoot with because you can alter the look in so many ways with just one lens ... and that's only taking into consideration f0.95.

    It was right before sunset, so this example shot is a warm one. The first is with the clarity slider at 0 ... the second is with the clarity slider at -65. It might be less pronounced in smaller jpegs, but there is a difference in the detail.

    Kurt
    very educative. appreciate it a lot.
    compliments,-
    Endre
    _____________________
    www.endrenovak.com

  31. #7781
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    A couple more California Poppy shots from yesterday.

    M9 + WATE @ 16mm f/11:



    M9 + 135mm APO-Telyt @ f/8:



    M9 + WATE @ 18mm f/11:



    I love the one lone yellow poppy among millions of its orange friends and family in the last shot.

    Jeff

  32. #7782
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    And a few more from the Cascades. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    1. M9; 50mm f/1.4; 1/125s @ f/4.8; ISO 160


    2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/2; ISO 160


    3. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/60s @ f/4.8; ISO 160

    4. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/30s @ f/5.7; ISO 160

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  33. #7783
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    And a few more from the Cascades. Thanks for looking. Cheers, Matt

    2. M9; 24mm f/1.4; 1/90s @ f/2; ISO 160

    Holy Cow!! These are stunning Matt. All of them. I love the light in the moss on the trees, but this one really struck me. Great work.

  34. #7784
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Alnitak View Post
    A couple more California Poppy shots from yesterday.


    M9 + WATE @ 18mm f/11:



    I love the one lone yellow poppy among millions of its orange friends and family in the last shot.

    Jeff
    Jeff: Again, nice poppy shots. The yellow one is strange. I still like that one from the first set the best. The third in this set starts close up but conveys the expanse of poppies well. That detail of the poppy helps the eye understand what the poppy field is as it extends into the distance.

    Cheers, Matt

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  35. #7785
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by m_driscoll View Post
    Jeff: Again, nice poppy shots. The yellow one is strange. I still like that one from the first set the best. The third in this set starts close up but conveys the expanse of poppies well. That detail of the poppy helps the eye understand what the poppy field is as it extends into the distance.

    Cheers, Matt
    Yup, what he said.

  36. #7786
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Holy Cow!! These are stunning Matt. All of them. I love the light in the moss on the trees, but this one really struck me. Great work.
    Lloyd: Thanks. There was just enough of the fir seedling and some moss in focus to establish a plane. These fast lenses are wonderful, but you really have to pay attention when they're wide open. Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  37. #7787
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Thanks Matt and Lloyd.

    Matt, great series but I really love that first shot. The moss is just glowing.

  38. #7788
    Workshop Member Woody Campbell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    66

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Today's post. Grand Central Terminal. One for my icons project. I'll be exploring this further on rainy days over the next few months. M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4.


  39. #7789
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Steve, Jeff, Matt, David...it's hard to keep up with all of you and your amazing images. I thought there may be a couple posts that would strike my eye, but all of your work...fantastic!

    Steve; Love the Noct look that you create and the post processing. I also am thrilled by your choice of subject material. There's a certain nostalgia and charm there that's lovely.

    Matt: Wow, just wow! Seriously great stuff! I need to head out back into the wild once the hail stops...my bike ride home was...um...unfriendly, but your images were worth coming home to! The panoramic stitch worked really well for you.

    Jeff: Wow, seriously, oranges like I have never seen, flooding my screen and sensorium. Lovely. I like how you are taking diffent perspectives and angles and expanding the use of these lenses.

    Woody: Great perspective on the flag shot, and lovely color contrast!
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  40. #7790
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    By the way"

    Matt, just as Kurt has made me crave the 50 noct 0.95 in no uncertain terms, you are making a huge argument that we should all carry a 24 lux in our bags. I have the elmarit now, and I have found that to really suit my taste, but seriously, your images just JUMP off the screen! The 24 lux's bokeh works very well for you.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  41. #7791
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Kurt, thanks for the explanation on how you processed the Noct 0.95 images...I have one word/feeling/sentiment....and that's: DROOL....

    I am so envious.
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  42. #7792
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    A couple to share from my archives:







    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

  43. #7793
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Today's post. Grand Central Terminal. One for my icons project. I'll be exploring this further on rainy days over the next few months. M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4.
    Woody: Having never been there, I'm assuming that's a ceiling in the Terminal. The flag is nicely backdropped by the astrological signs. Nice image and colors. Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  44. #7794
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    A couple to share from my archives:


    More artistic goodness, and this one, is to me the "goodest" of them.

  45. #7795
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Woody Campbell View Post
    Today's post. Grand Central Terminal. One for my icons project. I'll be exploring this further on rainy days over the next few months. M9 + 24mm lux at f1.4.
    Really nice Woody. I used to wonder how many people passed through there day after day, and had no idea that was above them.

  46. #7796
    Super Duper
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,672
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Ashwin: Thanks. Great lens, as you can also see from other photos posted here. Photos from Vietnam? That first photo's very striking. It'd be one of the shots in a 50's issue of Life showing a farmer's life.

    Cheers, Matt.

    http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

  47. #7797
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    24
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    another from my walk between work and home, 90/2.0

    nice flat light on the verge of raining tonight - makes it hard to focus though still getting used to the RF way of things, but i love it

  48. #7798
    Senior Member endre novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    More artistic goodness, and this one, is to me the "goodest" of them.
    so true.
    Endre
    _____________________
    www.endrenovak.com

  49. #7799
    Senior Member endre novak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by ashwinrao1 View Post
    By the way"

    Matt, just as Kurt has made me crave the 50 noct 0.95 in no uncertain terms, you are making a huge argument that we should all carry a 24 lux in our bags. I have the elmarit now, and I have found that to really suit my taste, but seriously, your images just JUMP off the screen! The 24 lux's bokeh works very well for you.
    well, its not only that I feel like dieing for some of your premium,- ultra bokeh lenses, but the skill for composing with them: all who posted over the last few days, do not want to be unpolite, almost loosing ability to follow.

    regards,-
    Endre
    _____________________
    www.endrenovak.com

  50. #7800
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    ashwinrao1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA - USA
    Posts
    3,276
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

    Quote Originally Posted by endre novak View Post
    well, its not only that I feel like dieing for some of your premium,- ultra bokeh lenses, but the skill for composing with them: all who posted over the last few days, do not want to be unpolite, almost loosing ability to follow.

    regards,-
    +1. Agreed. Composition says it all. Endre, I'd love some of your compositional skill as well. Throw in a dash of Dierk, Steve, a hint of Matt, John Black, and Thrice, a spritz of Kurt and Lloyd, a Dash of DavidE and Jeff, a smidgen of Jaap, Knorp, Roan, Osman, Unclearconcept, and a good dollop of everyone else, and I would need no other inspiration!

    You guys all rock.

    P.S. If I am missing any of you, it's my oversight. Just recalling all of the amazing posters here recently...just amazing
    Ashwin Rao
    Seattle, WA
    My Photography

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •