The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

woodyspedden

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hey Woody,

Nope, no flash at all. Just the 90 Cron, and the M8.2 set at ISO 1250. I shot RAW and processed these in ACR and converted to BW using Alien Skin filters.

I find these Leica lenses really suck in the light when wide open and I got lucky with ISO 1250 as I have in the past. Now, ISO 2500 is another story. Thanks!
Well Steve you are a bloody great genius. I would have thought for sure that you had some form of ring light to get the light circle seen in your images. Well, without a light, all the more impacting. Sure would love to have you at my side for an afternoon of shooting. If you are ever in Fort Collins or therabouts (i.e. Denver, Cheyenne etc) I would love to host you for the day. Dinner and a night at my home. Hopefully it would be worth the time you spend and the money you (didn't) pay.

All the best mate

Woody

stevem8

Well Steve you are a bloody great genius. I would have thought for sure that you had some form of ring light to get the light circle seen in your images. Well, without a light, all the more impacting. Sure would love to have you at my side for an afternoon of shooting. If you are ever in Fort Collins or therabouts (i.e. Denver, Cheyenne etc) I would love to host you for the day. Dinner and a night at my home. Hopefully it would be worth the time you spend and the money you (didn't) pay.

All the best mate

Woody
Hey Woody,

Thanks for the kind words but I must give credit to that 90 Cron as well as the processing. I added vignetting around most of those as well as adjusted the levels a bit, but the lens and that M8 sensor did most of the work. Its a great combo!

If I am ever in the Denver area I will let you know and I will take you up on that offer! Thanks!

Steve

M

MurkySugarSparkle

M8.2 Elmar 18mm - Montreal Botanical Gardens

Lloyd

One of my wife's co-workers, and her son dropped by last night.

75 Cron:

Quite the character:

JPlomley

A couple from the 28 Cron Asph at f/2.8 and f/2, respectively.

1st: A member of the Black-Eyed Peas......:thumbdown:

2nd: A future Chick-Magnet :thumbs:

Cheers,
Jeff

Lloyd

A couple from the 28 Cron Asph at f/2.8 and f/2, respectively.

1st: A member of the Black-Eyed Peas......:thumbdown:

2nd: A future Chick-Magnet :thumbs:

Cheers,
Jeff
Love that second one. Classic.

Lloyd

Superb! :clap:
Thanks Steve. You zoo shots are extraordinarily good! And, believe it or not, they inspired these shots. I figured you got some mileage out of shooting monkeys, so I should shot this little monkey too. :D

DavidE

Wow, there have been some incredible images in this thread over the past few days. Things are really cooking here.

I don't have anything new except for more shots of trees and clouds. In processing them, I'm trying to emphasize the texture of the clouds. Also hoping to achieve a more subtle result overall. There always seem to be trade-offs (drama versus subtlety, sharpness versus even textures, contrast versus gradual tones).

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Wow, there have been some incredible images in this thread over the past few days. Things are really cooking here.

I don't have anything new except for more shots of trees and clouds. In processing them, I'm trying to emphasize the texture of the clouds. Also hoping to achieve a more subtle result overall. There always seem to be trade-offs (drama versus subtlety, sharpness versus even textures, contrast versus gradual tones).

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Very nice processing, David. I prefer this one... the detail in the clouds is excellent, highly detailed, but moody. Also, there is some depth to the trees, not fully silhouetted.

jonoslack

Murky Sugar - love your second shot,
Lloyd, I love your second shot as well!

here are a couple from today.
They are both with the Zeiss 50 1.5 sonnar in sharp mode (around f6)

first of all the chicken lady

silver birch and grass (an attempt to make the biggest file possible within 900 pixels!:))

Lloyd

Murky Sugar - love your second shot,
Lloyd, I love your second shot as well!

here are a couple from today.
They are both with the Zeiss 50 1.5 sonnar in sharp mode (around f6)

first of all the chicken lady

silver birch and grass (an attempt to make the biggest file possible within 900 pixels!:))

Beautiful images, Jono. That lens really is like a razor stopped down, and yet there's still some lovely bokeh in that top image. Excellent b/w conversion as well. :salute:

Diggin way back in my archives... all these on a Leica CL with 35mm. Tri X scanned on a Howtek 4500