The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

woodyspedden

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Woody,

This is the same at F 1.1. Please note that the focus was on the arm rail at the near back curve of the chair. Also of note is the moderately extensive blooming at the highlight found on the near hoop rising from the arm rail, which is more pronounced at 100% view.
The histogram was no where near the right side and I have a hard time seeing this as overexposure....

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob
Bob

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. I actually think this is a very good rendering.

If there are one or two specular highlights it is not unusual for the histogram to be (generally) well left of clipping. However there can be seen a very thin spike at the very end of the histogram which is often a bit hard to see. This may be the case here resulting from the highlight on the chair that you described.

In any event, a fine lens I would say but only a lot more shooting will tell the entire story.

Thanks again

Woody

Gary P

First Post on GetDPI.

This spring and summer in Maine has been extremely wet, we're talkin 6 weeks of rainy days literally.

I took this photo of our cat Charlie looking out the window of the dripping yard. I'm sure even though he was warm and dry inside, he was thinking about all the things he'd rather be doing outside.

I, on the other hand was keeping myself occupied inside at his expense.

50 Pre-Ash Lux at F2.0. Both color and B/W versions.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Nice kitty! Both versions are nice but I really like the color of the eye and that little bit of orange in the background.

Bébèrt

First strokes with Leica 75Lux or not ?

nop, Voigtlander Color Heliar 75/f2,5 :)

leif e

Hope my dog doesn´t see that cat of yours, Gary! :)
Love the swimmer - reminds of an old Loudon Wainwright song (have to think about the title).
leif e

leif e

"Hyper-flexible joints" - or "Strange; it came off yesterday!?" :D
M8, ZM 4,5/21
leif e

Last edited:

Bébèrt

Hope my dog doesn´t see that cat of yours, Gary! :)
Love the swimmer - reminds of an old Loudon Wainwright song (have to think about the title).
leif e
Thanks leif e
"The Swimming song" perhaps. Just added it to my iTunes libary.

Peter Klein

Leif_e: Streeeeeeeeeetch! Great use of the wide angle to emphasize the foreground, exactly what what needed for this shot.
--Peter

leif e

Thanks leif e
"The Swimming song" perhaps. Just added it to my iTunes libary.
Sure; it´s "The Swimming Song" - also recorded in a lovely version by Kate&Anna McGarrigle in the 70s (I think it was). Kate being Loudon´s wife at the time - the two of them the parents of Martha Wainwright - another great singer!:)
leif e

Bébèrt

Fun with Visoflex III and Tele Elmar 135.

The Frog

Dragonfly

Dragonfly take-off

Leica 77

I could never resist anything asked of me by a beautiful woman. ;)

So, by request, and just for you Helen, here are several images taken with the CV 50/1.5:

Hello Lloyd,
Family photos are especially heartwarming. Beautiful images! Best regards, Leica 77 :)

leif e

Cheers, Lloyd!:D

L77. Those pictures are gorgeous - in every sense! (Just wait till they start tearing their legs off:D)

I´m really considering getting a 1,5/50 Nokton (again :eek:) for the M8.

leif e

leif e

Entering or getting off? Taking the train from London to Swansea last week - playing with the M8.
leif e

Last edited: