The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

PeterA - the light is wonderful and both are so serene.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

. . . that lady spends a lot of time with headphones on . . . could it be that you talk too much about photography :ROTFL:
Probably the thwack from that M8's shutter! :p

Nice flurry of images f 1,0 :thumbs:

f 10

@jono, cmb_, Lloyd

thanks a lot :)

a M8 4,8/280
b M8 2/28
c M8 4,8/280

Last edited:

PeterA

The M8 is just the easiest and most 'handy' travel kit one could ask for isnt it? We would be very lucky to get a full frame version and get to use the lenses in uncropped form as well. Being on holiddays I have missed the rumours regarding new announcements - any links?

PeterA

A quick and dirty hand held 5 shot stitch in CS4- Jono might recognise Nafplio Square ... I am missing the hot bright midday sun already after three days back to wintery Melbourne..

Terry

Hi Peter. Great job getting the Pano without having the woman in two frames as she walks along!

jonoslack

A quick and dirty hand held 5 shot stitch in CS4- Jono might recognise Nafplio Square ... I am missing the hot bright midday sun already after three days back to wintery Melbourne..
I do recognise it . . lovely shot. . but not so empty, by the time I got up it looked more like this:

Nafplio

I'm missing the sun in our lovely english summer <:-(

jonoslack

Hi Peter. Great job getting the Pano without having the woman in two frames as she walks along!
You can tell by the way she's standing that he used his lazer stun gun (and then cloned the body out of the next shot.

I LIKED Nafplio - here is the municipal pool:

Here is Emma sitting on the balcony of Byron's hotel contemplating the eternal verities (or sniffing her arm hungrily and wondering when it's time for supper :))

and this is the top of the 845 steps that Pete was too lazy to climb (we weren't, but we forgot to look at 'closing time' and when we got to the top the castle had just shut:ROTFL:

Lloyd

You can tell by the way she's standing that he used his lazer stun gun (and then cloned the body out of the next shot.

I LIKED Nafplio -
Love that pool shot, Jono. Reminds me of the municipal pool in the place I grew up... always heard it was a fun place, once upon a time. As for the closed castle, my wife and I the same experience at Warwick Castle. It pays to be aware of those sorts of things... especially when a long climb or drive are involved.

PeterA

yes people the M8 pound for pound is the best fat light shooter I have ever owned - specifically tailored to take with you anywhere ...look at the bright happy hig hquality shots everyone posts so easilly..

Terry your camera saved me over there as my newly arrived back from Solms service - broke down day 1 and this is teh only problem I have with Leica - quality of service.

As for the pano people - I was shooting at over 1/2000th and just oveerlapping frames by 50% I guess it all took 3secs to shoot 5 frmaes- hence no issue with blur - ( which can look nice anyway) ..with MFD on a tripod set for nodal point shooting order of difficulty would be high - but technical issues like obviuous dostortion above resolved.

I will post some more postcard shots later - Jono - I remeber that front yard 'pool' from one of my walks LOL..

Stuart Richardson

Nice photo Kurt. Was that in Copenhagen or elsewhere in Scandinavia? I see a store in the background that I thought only existed in Iceland...