The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Here's another one from the St. Louis Cemetery No. 1.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

One of the joys of shooting with the M8 is the size ... especially while traveling. I was able to shoot this one in a rainstorm with one hand while holding an umbrella with the other. This is from Aalesund, Norway with the 21lux.

Kurt

DavidE

With the first one, I was trying to blend in the downtown buildings. With the second, I thought the subtle colors were unusual.

I read a few days later that it's not a good idea to be in this cemetery alone with an expensive camera.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

You never know who you might run into at a tradeshow.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

With the first one, I was trying to blend in the downtown buildings. With the second, I thought the subtle colors were unusual.

I read a few days later that it's not a good idea to be in this cemetery alone with an expensive camera.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
An impressive series, David. Nicely done.:salute:

Lloyd

One of the joys of shooting with the M8 is the size ... especially while traveling. I was able to shoot this one in a rainstorm with one hand while holding an umbrella with the other. This is from Aalesund, Norway with the 21lux.

Kurt
Beautiful image, Kurt. I'll bet that diminutive 21 Lux made the one-hand shooting all the easier, eh?;)

Lloyd

Hello all!
Just back from two sunny, windy, foggy, crystal clear, rainy, warm, chilly weeks in the mountains. This from the first afternoon, the dog and yours truly getting the car stiffness out of our feet to one of our favourite spots.
M8, ZM 4,5/21 (love that piece of glass:) )
leif e
btw; my mac is at the doctor´s so didn´t have access to my usual bw-converter. This is CS2.
Beautiful, clear images. And an impressive b/w conversion. So nice.

DavidE

An impressive series, David. Nicely done.:salute:
Thanks, Lloyd. This was the first time I was able to use the Leica in about six weeks (work and family obligations), so it was a special treat to take it to New Orleans. Only snag there was the humidity. It can be brutal in August.

DavidE

Another shot from the New Orleans trip. This is the St. Louis Cathedral. Its construction dates back to 1789. Used the 18mm Super-Elmar on this one.

Last edited:

John Black

Thanks guys. That structure is where the band leader stands while director the high school's marching band (or whatever they are called these days). Ironically, I popped that one off while getting into the car to go home since the light was just about gone. In terms of focusing, this 90mm 'Cron seems more forgiving when it comes to focusing. I hope to get some portraits with it today; meanwhile, some from last night's testing -

@ F2

@ F2.8

Probably F5.6

@ F2

DavidE

A quiet moment at the SIGGRAPH conference.

Knorp

~ got bored, giant poppy seedpods (i think) ~
| apo-macro-elmarit-r 1:2.8/100 | apo-extender-2x | visoflex3 | m8 |

Last edited: