The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Re: Fun time / M8 images

First attempt at posting an image here (it's a bit more involved than the "other" forum).

I was at the Wisconsin/Michigan game today and used the M8 because I was assigned to shoot non-action stuff. I had time to mess around, so thought I'd see if I could get any usable action. I know this would never compete with the Canon 400s and 600s, but in a pinch I suppose it could find its way into print. This was shot with the 90 Elmarit.

Hmm should be functionally the same, you upload in manage attachements on posting . One way

Second Way: You do have other options from the gallery also . Linked directly http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/2/L1007346.jpg
This way you click on your image in the Gallery and there is a direct link code from the Gallery.

Third way: is you click on image from gallery than you see the BB image code

And this creates a thumbnail and can post on any site on the net and when someone clicks the thumbnail it takes them directly to the gallery.

One reason we have said load images up in the gallery is you get these two last options and you images are not loose on the internet there contained right here in the gallery. Which gives you the member the control of your images. Honestly for me this also protects my copyright even better than loading up a image on another site , keeps the images were I can control it and not on another server. Think of it as a Flicker site or similar to it.

S

Shootist

So I can link to my web gallery? Lets try that.

Attachments

Guy Mancuso

Yes looks like it is working. The nice thing on the BB code is folks see not only the image you posted but the filmstrip shows up and you can view other images in your gallery.

BTW Ed remind me not to piss you off. LOL

that is a serious weapon there:D:D

F

fotografr

Hmm should be functionally the same, you upload in manage attachements on posting . One way

Second Way: You do have other options from the gallery also . Linked directly http://forum.getdpi.com/gallery/files/5/2/L1007346.jpg
This way you click on your image in the Gallery and there is a direct link code from the Gallery.

Third way: is you click on image from gallery than you see the BB image code

And this creates a thumbnail and can post on any site on the net and when someone clicks the thumbnail it takes them directly to the gallery.

One reason we have said load images up in the gallery is you get these two last options and you images are not loose on the internet there contained right here in the gallery. Which gives you the member the control of your images. Honestly for me this also protects my copyright even better than loading up a image on another site , keeps the images were I can control it and not on another server. Think of it as a Flicker site or similar to it.
Thanks, Guy. I didn't realize there were other options. It looked to me like it was set up so I could only link to an image already posted in a gallery. That's the way Shutterfreaks.com is set up and is one of the reasons I hardly ever post there, even though that's where I have my personal website set up.

I'll figure it out. Just takes me a bit longer than some. :confused:

Guy Mancuso

Play around with it and post on some forum and see how it works out for you. Pretty cool options that we saw when we bought the software. You guys get over your quota 20 mgs on the gallery we can always increase that. Jack and i even talked about like a 25 dollar upgrade to unlimited space, which is cheap and feeds Andy a steak once in awhile and helps with some maintence for the site. LOL

Andy is our IT guy and he wants to fill the server up. More than happy to do that:D:D:D

This could also be good when you travel to load up jpegs on your trip so you at least have it off your laptop and cards in a safe place.

Trust me I wish I had this 3 weeks ago. Due to upgrading my Mac to Leopard I LOST every image i shot in Yosemite and I am not real freaking happy. As much as I taught folks about securing there data it got me myself. It's a long story but my hard drive was filled when I up to Leopard and I thought it was my LR library that was taking the space , so on the Mac I hit images which I did NOT realize was showing my external drives and I started deleting. I am sick about this. i did not process my finals to a DVD yet and I'm freaking screwed and already written over my SD cards and cleaned the laptop off. Moral of story is you guessed it but fair warning on the Mac that image folder is EVERYTHING tied to your Mac and it got me good.

S

Shootist

BTW Ed remind me not to piss you off. LOL

that is a serious weapon there:D:D
OK Guy, you are reminded.

How about this one

I shoot something like this in competition. Only without the fancy red dot sight and the muzzle brake.
Oh sorry this was shot with the Nikon D200. Notice the spent case flying through the air and the one just ejected from the breach.

S

Shootist

Guy I feel for you. That is one reason I don't use any of the supplied user folders that come with any newer OS, WinXP/whatever, and I have them backed up on a external drive and one drive in another PC on my home network. Neither of those other drives are tied to the folder I store my images in on my main PC.

Funny part is just this morning I went through my main image folder and cleared out all the junk that has been sitting on it for this year. I try to save all the images I take but then after reviewing them some months after taking them there are a lot that have to go. This is not because of the lack HDD space. It's just because I will never do anything with those images. Hence the word JUNK.

Guy Mancuso

I was lazy and should have pulled the plugs on all the externals as i did the upgrade. I had MANY issues on the desktop with the Leopard upgrade , did it 4 times to get it right. PITA. The laptop was a breeze though

Guy Mancuso

Next trip seriously i am loading the gallery up. i luckily posted some images from Yosemite on another site and pulled down some of those and now there in the gallery but I had a couple real winners from that trip along with everyone else that really did a great job of shooting on the workshop, so at least i can see everyones images from it.

I at least have my HDR image

robsteve

Subscriber

Ed:

I was at the Canadian war Museum last week and came across this weapon.

Guy and Jack, I don't quite understand the image Gallery. What is the direct link to get to our galleries and to edit them? The football and rifle pictures seem to be mixed together.

Last edited:

Guy Mancuso

Middle one is shot with the 12mm CV lens . Since I have the 12mm and now zeiss 18mm , I may sell my 15mmCV. Need to make some room in my bag. See how the 18mm is first than i will put in the B&S section.
I like the 12mm much better than the 15mm CV

Guy Mancuso

BTW that was the forum Direct code from the gallery . Now the BB code

Now you can see what may work best for you. I like this one when on another internet site, because the real file is here.

Now the top three were direct uploads from my computer using the manage file. Hopefully now you can see the difference how the three options work

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

BTW, I am in Boston (Cambridge actually) this weekend visiting my daughter. Here is a shot I grabbed the other evening as we walked across a bridge on the Charles River. An 8 second exposure and I had no tripod, so used a post on the bridge for support. M8 and 28 Cron, f5.6 (no filter). Processed on my laptop, so I apologize in advance if the colors are off...

Cheers,