The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: Fun time / M8 images

Maggie: IMO your base file above is about the best iteration of all... I'd perhaps take it and layer on a curve: kick up brightness, and don't be afraid to let the brightest clouds go full white; keep the darker clouds about where they are, perhaps a bit more contrast in them. Then I'd experiment with masking off the sky and brightening and increasing contrast on the buildings/foreground --- and only keep it if it still looked natural.

D

Daveco

Mike, thanks if you're referring to my images. I shot both with the 50 lux.

robsteve

Subscriber

Our neighbourhood had what was called a Progressive Party. We started at one house for the appetizers, went on to another house for the main course and finished at yet another home for the deserts. These were all shot with the Noctilux at f1.2.

At the final home, we had help with cleaning up any crumbs of desert that may have been dropped on the floor

jonoslack

Great Rob
I especially like the third one - were you using the new revised AWB with the new firmware?

jonoslack

Messing about in the kitchen again!
Both taken with the 75 'cron - a favorite for me because of it's close focusing.

The first shot at f2 in the evening.

the second one was taken in the morning - the new AWB didn't manage this one (way too blue),so this was set on 'daylight'.

Brian Mosley

I love these! I am seriously thinking I want an M8 (or perhaps an M9 by the time I get the funds together ;)

Kind Regards

Brian

robsteve

Subscriber

Jono:

Here was one from the Party. This is AWB and AE at 1250 iso.

I think AWB is not as consistent at the higher ISO or it may just be the lighting at higher ISO is more difficult.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Blending in with the surrounding elements ... a decidedly different view of the Santiago Calatrava-designed Milwaukee Art Museum. M8 and Noctilux.

Kurt

Last edited:

Daniel

Dinner at Kisso in Olde City, Philadelphia

Kung Hei Fat Choy 恭喜發財

Focus distance was set around 2 feet or 0.6 meter. Camera was propped on a wine glass for support. Bob would've been in relative focus had he not moved so much! But it's not all about sharpness don-cha-no :)

Voigtländer Heliar 15mm f4.5 (f4.5, 1/3, iso 320)

Last edited:
L

Lewis

Nice shots Maggie-where do you live? American houses look sweet!:D Massive compared to English one's :(

Maggie O

Thank you, Lewis! I live in Lincoln, Nebraska; smack dab in the middle of North America.

I bet a San Francisco house would be more familiar feeling! Very British houses, wot?

L

Lewis

Ha ha..I think everything is bigger in America...my friend just moved there with his wife and apparently it took him a while to get used to the 'space'! I love the last shot of London City Hall by the way too. :)