The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Tim - nice job on the colors in both images.

Cindy - very lovely portrait.

Maggie O

I think he used a pencil sharpener. It is now dead on! No more focus and guess.:ROTFL:
Seriously, Maggie, I sent him my Noctilux and 75 lux which both had focus issues. I couldn't be happier with the Noctilux. The 75 lux is not back yet...he is sending the flange to JM for coding.
Oh, OK! I'm a bit slow sometimes.

The results speak for themselves- that's a gorgeous photo and the DOF and focus are PERFECT!

Terry

Wow Cindy!
I do have a question as her arm looks to me to be on the same or very close to the plane her eyes are on yet it is out of focus. Was the camera slightly tilted. Nothing against the picture I love it just curious about the effect.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Cindy, what aperture did you shoot the portrait at? It looks too sharp to be f1 at that distance.

Robert
Rob,
F1, but I cropped it a little bit to get a little tighter framing.

Terry,
She is leaning toward me. I think the camera was straight. I just go for focusing on the eye highlights. The DOF is very narrow, you can see that her lips are already oof. That is why I had to get the lens calibrated by DAG. When I got it new in November, it was off a tiny bit and I had to focus and then turn a little more to the right. It was a guess and not accurate enough for narrow DOF shots.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

I took this from the hip as I got off the elevator (and before I noticed the signs asking for no photos).

Daniel

Cindy, the portrait is Gorgeous.

-------------------------------------

My newly acquired 50mm summicron is still at DAG since Feb 29. I can't wait to get it back. So excited.

-------------------------------------

Sponge Bob dropped by for a quick visit. Sea dwellers can't stay on dry land for long so his visit had to be a quickie.

View attachment 2431
Rittenhouse Square Park, Philadelphia, PA

Zeiss Biogon 35mm f2.0 (f4.0, 1/1500, 160)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member

I think he used a pencil sharpener. It is now dead on! No more focus and guess.:ROTFL:
Seriously, Maggie, I sent him my Noctilux and 75 lux which both had focus issues. I couldn't be happier with the Noctilux. The 75 lux is not back yet...he is sending the flange to JM for coding.
That is one sweet picture (and lens)
If I had only tried a copy of that lens that nice....
-bob

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

That is one sweet picture (and lens)
If I had only tried a copy of that lens that nice....
-bob
Bob,
This copy of the lens was not that nice. Don Goldberg worked the magic...all for $100 + shipping. If you have any lenses that are not working up to their potential, I think a trip to DAG is in order.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

IMO DAG is the pre-eminent Leica repair smith. If you have a lens that needs calibration, he is THE person to send it to. He is back-logged by a few months, but the result is worth the wait...

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Something about this reminds me of the load of artificial enhancements I consumed during a misspent youth. And yes, I inhaled. :shocked:

scott kirkpatrick

Re: OT, but picking up on Jack's remark

IMO DAG is the pre-eminent Leica repair smith. If you have a lens that needs calibration, he is THE person to send it to. He is back-logged by a few months, but the result is worth the wait...
I have an M2 that needs CLA to join its siblings and take advantage of newer lenses than it ever dreamed of. Who would you recommend, who is NOT backlogged by several months?

scott

scott kirkpatrick

Back to business -- here's a nice texture and detail shot. 1/500 at (probably) f/5.6, 35/2.0 asph, Swampscott, MA:

scott

(full scale available at pbase)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Re: OT, but picking up on Jack's remark

I have an M2 that needs CLA to join its siblings and take advantage of newer lenses than it ever dreamed of. Who would you recommend, who is NOT backlogged by several months?

scott
Fred at International Camera Technicians in Mountain View, CA: 650-961-5825

jonoslack

Something about this reminds me of the load of artificial enhancements I consumed during a misspent youth. And yes, I inhaled. :shocked:
Nice shot - but if you inhaled those I'm surprised you're still around :grin: