Site Sponsors
Page 36 of 201 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,800 of 10029

Thread: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

  1. #1751
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,345
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    I know it's the photographer, but with the photos you post on this thread, the urge to get an M8 is getting stronger by the hour... how long till Christmas, I wonder...

    Mike, those portraits, friends as well as daughter, are just gorgeous.

  2. #1752
    Cancelledreality
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Wow Mike. Your photo's are fantastic!

    I agree with Lloyd on an instructional video on b&w conversion, that is a great idea!

  3. #1753
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by ecliffordsmith View Post
    You seem to have a 'texas chainsaw massacre' thing going on in that self portrait. Very nice, but I am glad I dont live next door

    The redone version of the derelict building is very nice too.
    I thought of that movie where at the end all are killed. Scarry pictures is a grate idea.

  4. #1754
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    I know it's the photographer, but with the photos you post on this thread, the urge to get an M8 is getting stronger by the hour... how long till Christmas, I wonder...

    Mike, those portraits, friends as well as daughter, are just gorgeous.
    Dont Do It Jorgen
    There are two possibilities:
    1. an M8 won't help you to make better pictures
    2. an M8 will help you to make better pictures.

    If 1 is true, you'll have wasted your money, and none of us would like that
    if 2 is true, then the difference between our photos and yours will be even greater .. . . and none of us would like that.

    Just this guy you know

  5. #1755
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Lovely pictures Mike
    and what a pretty daughter you have

    Just this guy you know

  6. #1756
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    here is one with amore gritty look
    I like this one steve. the two buildings with the same shape but different use are very provoking for me.

  7. #1757
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Cancelledreality View Post
    Wow Mike. Your photo's are fantastic!

    I agree with Lloyd on an instructional video on b&w conversion, that is a great idea!
    there are so many convertion styles in the forum that there is really a lot to learn. It be nice to have a workshop for this.

  8. #1758
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by t_streng View Post
    M8 with WATE - works also great in cold conditions:
    I thought first that there was wind when you took the picture, then I thought there was a vestage of wind before the new snow and now I think they are sky tracks that are snowed over.

  9. #1759
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Last Train to Nowhere
    (coming home from work) CV 15/4.5 Heliar:


  10. #1760
    Senior Subscriber Member Mike Hatam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    236

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    What a fun thread.

    I'll suggest to Jack and Guy that we include a B&W conversion lesson in our next workshop.
    Mike Hatam
    Sony A99, RX1, RX100

  11. #1761
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    We already do it, but as a minor part of the curriculum. We'd certainly add a dedicated B&W conversion section in the future if there is enough interest expressed to support it.

    ,
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  12. #1762
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    PS: Here are some B&W conversions from last year's Moab trip on M8 files using *ONLY* C1 and nothing else. I am particularly impressed with C1's ability to keep clouds looking like clouds, and not blown out or posterized splotches that I sometimes see with LR/ACR B&W conversions. First and second are normal light, third is IR:
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  13. #1763
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    PS: Here are some B&W conversions from last year's Moab trip on M8 files using *ONLY* C1 and nothing else. I am particularly impressed with C1's ability to keep clouds looking like clouds, and not blown out or posterized splotches that I sometimes see with LR/ACR B&W conversions. First and second are normal light, third is IR:
    Nice. I particularly like that IR.

  14. #1764
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    All three of those are spectacular. IR++++

  15. #1765
    Cancelledreality
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Very very nice, Jack.

  16. #1766
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    When is the next workshop?

  17. #1767
    Sr. Administrator Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Altos, CA
    Posts
    10,486
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1031

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Probably in May, and probably along the California Coast between Point Reyes and Big Sur, and probably with a Napa or Calistoga wine country shoot on the front end, and it will probably run from a Monday AM through Saturday Noon

    However, we probably won't have a printing module this time around and instead focus on more actual shooting time, shooting techniques and continue to focus on file processing techniques that will include our "getting a file ready for print" module.

    Stay tuned for the official notice on our main workshop announcement area, probably be up the beginning of next month.
    Jack
    home: www.getdpi.com

    "Perfection is not attainable. But if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence."

  18. #1768
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    We will still be teaching Raw processing , CS4 and of course add the B&W module with programs like C1, LR and CS4. Big emphasis on composition and shooting which was a big part of the Moab workshop and as you see in the images everyone excelled very well at it. I think some of the best things we bring to the workshops are these area's we cover very heavily.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  19. #1769
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Mike:

    If you don't mind my asking, what lens did you use on those three friends of your family portraits? They are lovely shots and I like the drawing of whatever lens you used. I'm considering a 50 lux or the 75 cron for portraits and your shots have the look I'm after. Thanks.

    Elvis

  20. #1770
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flesher View Post
    Probably in May, and probably along the California Coast between Point Reyes and Big Sur, and probably with a Napa or Calistoga wine country shoot on the front end, and it will probably run from a Monday AM through Saturday Noon

    However, we probably won't have a printing module this time around and instead focus on more actual shooting time, shooting techniques and continue to focus on file processing techniques that will include our "getting a file ready for print" module.

    Stay tuned for the official notice on our main workshop announcement area, probably be up the beginning of next month.
    Its too bad of the printing since it would round up the hole process.

  21. #1771
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    We will still be teaching Raw processing , CS4 and of course add the B&W module with programs like C1, LR and CS4.
    Don't forget silver efex pro . . . I think that NIK, with the Upoint technology and the structure tool have really got something going (not to mention the film types)

    Just this guy you know

  22. #1772
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Silver Efex Pro is an incredible program, but even after conversion I still find that images can benefit from selective contrast adjustments using curves. I'm also always impressed with the power of the gradient map tool for conversion with a couple of custom curves that can get you pretty close to Nik.

    For analogue shooters, perhaps some tips on scanning B&W film. Not a trivial task.

  23. #1773
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Sales Clerk at the local Leica shop... not bad hanging around there!

    CV 75/2.5 Color-Heliar:

  24. #1774
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Looking for a rich doctor maybe or maybe a really good looking photographer. Leaves me out on both counts. LOL
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  25. #1775
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Looking for a rich doctor maybe or maybe a really good looking photographer. Leaves me out on both counts. LOL
    Even if I weren't taken, wouldn't work for me either... I've got socks older than her! (Actually, she's a terrific person, and even puts up with us old farts hanging around there.)

  26. #1776
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    I like brunette's anyway if I had to be picky. Not that I even have that chance the old married fart i am. Last time i got hit on was a 75 year old hooker in NY, I kid you not.
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  27. #1777
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Wow, I am off for a few hours and find even more amazing shots here! Anyway, here is one more from me, in color.

  28. #1778
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Even if I weren't taken, wouldn't work for me either... I've got socks older than her! (Actually, she's a terrific person, and even puts up with us old farts hanging around there.)
    . . . and you dared take her photograph with a CV lens
    That enigmatic look of hers says something like:

    "I think we'll organise Harold the Hitman to deal with this old fool who takes pictures with Japanese lens"

    (nice shot though)

    Just this guy you know

  29. #1779
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    I like brunette's anyway if I had to be picky. Not that I even have that chance the old married fart i am. Last time i got hit on was a 75 year old hooker in NY, I kid you not.
    That is tooo funny. You handsome devil!!

  30. #1780
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    . . . and you dared take her photograph with a CV lens
    That enigmatic look of hers says something like:

    "I think we'll organise Harold the Hitman to deal with this old fool who takes pictures with Japanese lens"

    (nice shot though)
    oh no!! I'll be in hiding for a while!

    Actually, she's the Canon gal... doesn't know CV from CBS.

  31. #1781
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    Wow, I am off for a few hours and find even more amazing shots here! Anyway, here is one more from me, in color.
    Color indeed!! Nice.

  32. #1782
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    oh no!! I'll be in hiding for a while!

    Actually, she's the Canon gal... doesn't know CV from CBS.
    Sheesh - and you lead us to believe she's a Leica gal.

    Just this guy you know

  33. #1783
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Sheesh - and you lead us to believe she's a Leica gal.
    Mea culpa. (Although I actually just said that she is a sales clerk at the local Leica shop... I left the extrapolations to the rest of you.)

    And I did take her picture with a Leica!!

  34. #1784
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Well - my new 28 'cron arrived, and she is a darling . . but it's important not to put the lovely lovely zeiss 25 out to grass. I still think it might be the sharpest lens I have:




    Just this guy you know

  35. #1785
    Senior Subscriber Member Mike Hatam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    236

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisKennedy View Post
    Mike:

    If you don't mind my asking, what lens did you use on those three friends of your family portraits? They are lovely shots and I like the drawing of whatever lens you used. I'm considering a 50 lux or the 75 cron for portraits and your shots have the look I'm after. Thanks.

    Elvis
    Thanks for the kind words Elvis. Those specific images were shot with the 75 lux, a lens that I no longer own. I've found that the 50 lux (pre-asph) has a very similar look, which I love.

    Mike
    Mike Hatam
    Sony A99, RX1, RX100

  36. #1786
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Well - my new 28 'cron arrived, and she is a darling . . but it's important not to put the lovely lovely zeiss 25 out to grass. I still think it might be the sharpest lens I have:



    Sharp indeed!! That lens is a treasure. Beautiful shots too.

  37. #1787
    Senior Subscriber Member Mike Hatam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Los Gatos, CA
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    236

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    Looking for a rich doctor maybe or maybe a really good looking photographer. Leaves me out on both counts. LOL
    Paging Doctor Mancuso...
    Mike Hatam
    Sony A99, RX1, RX100

  38. #1788
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hatam View Post
    Paging Doctor Mancuso...
    I hope it's nothing worse than a headache

    Just this guy you know

  39. #1789
    Senior Member helenhill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,895
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    16

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Jono
    that 25 Zeiss is superb in your hands...

  40. #1790
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Sharp indeed!! That lens is a treasure. Beautiful shots too.
    Thank you Lloyd (though I fear I overdid the 'hdr' on the house shot)
    someone wondered about this one in colour (75 summicron), so here it is:

    Just this guy you know

  41. #1791
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by helenhill View Post
    Jono
    that 25 Zeiss is superb in your hands...
    Oooh Helen - you do know how to talk to a boy
    Thank you, I'm flattered, but I fear the lens has more to do with it than the hands!
    It's just a lovely lens on the M8, with a feel all of it's own, and it handles nicely and isn't too big.

    Just this guy you know

  42. #1792
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Here's one with the WATE

    Just this guy you know

  43. #1793
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Hi Jono,

    Do you really like the wait? Do you think the loss of speed is made up with the convenience of a 3 in one lens? I sure looks superbly sharp!

    Gary P

  44. #1794
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Here's one with the WATE
    I love the glow this lens has. Superb. Wonderful image too.

  45. #1795
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Mike:

    That does it! I had a 50 lux pre-asph and sold it when I got a nice offer. I figured the new asph version might be the way to go but your shots along with the ones I took with that pre-asph version seal the deal. Now I'm on the look-out for a nice pre-asph 50 lux.

    Elvis

  46. #1796
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Thank you Lloyd (though I fear I overdid the 'hdr' on the house shot)
    someone wondered about this one in colour (75 summicron), so here it is:
    You know, I loved the B/W version (still do), but this one... yesss!

  47. #1797
    Mango
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    New and old.

  48. #1798
    Mango
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    35/1.4

  49. #1799
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    New and old.
    Very nice; perfectly titled. Love that bit of light at the top of the "New".

  50. #1800
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Mango View Post
    35/1.4
    Stellar! And your exposure is spot on!!! Well done.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •