Site Sponsors
Page 38 of 201 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,900 of 10029

Thread: The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

  1. #1851
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Thanks! I am enjoying all of the pics in this huge thread. I viewed every single page the other day! Also, like your new lens! Wish I had the 28 cron...Hmmmm

  2. #1852
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    For these I used the 28 Elmarit 2.8 ASPH, most at 2.8 or F4. Thanks!

  3. #1853
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Oh, #2 was the 50 Lux ASPH

  4. #1854
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Actually..2, 3 and 4 were the 50 LUX ASPH.

  5. #1855
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    Oh, #2 was the 50 Lux ASPH
    Nice!! Tack sharp. (Was the truck handle with the 28 or the 50?

    I know what you mean about this thread. When I discovered GetDPI.com, I did exactly the same thing... viewed every single page. Very inspiring. Your stuff is certainly adding to that inspiration!

  6. #1856
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Arg! Thats not right...2, 4 and 5 were the 50 Lux!

  7. #1857
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Here is one of my granddaughter with the 35 cron;
    Last edited by ElvisKennedy; 9th June 2013 at 10:02.

  8. #1858
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by ElvisKennedy View Post
    Here is one of my granddaughter with the 35 cron;
    Gorgeous image. Love the low contrast in this one.

  9. #1859
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    My wife and granddaughter from last night.

    35 'Cron:

  10. #1860
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Great shot Elvis..love the subtle tones and the eye contact. Lloyd..also great shot, a moment in time!

  11. #1861
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Ok..one more today...50 lux ASPH at 1.4

  12. #1862
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Beautiful images... I'm actually thinking of selling mine, but now that I see these, and go back and look at those I took at my son's wedding... maybe not.
    Actually, it's only an irritation Lloyd. I think you should sell it . . . to me . . and very cheap (shall we say $1000)

    Just this guy you know

  13. #1863
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Those abandoned home shots are great.
    Lloyd . . . I hate you - if those are your sons, and you look like that, then you need a good slap. As for your wife . . . she looks about 23.
    Damn already!

    Anyway - apart from my war with Lloyd, like him, I have a new 28 summicron. HOORAY.


    Here are a couple of shots from mine.

    Light from heaven (or could it be Ikea)

    But there's no entry for the likes of me!

    Sadness

    enough of that stuff - here are some rotten bales

    okay okay okay - here is another religious one:


    Finally, let's have Sep and garlic and anchovies and salad for supper (with a decent Rioja).


    Just this guy you know

  14. #1864
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Those abandoned home shots are great.
    Lloyd . . . I hate you - if those are your sons, and you look like that, then you need a good slap. As for your wife . . . she looks about 23.
    Damn already!

    Anyway - apart from my war with Lloyd, like him, I have a new 28 summicron. HOORAY.


    Here are a couple of shots from mine.

    Light from heaven (or could it be Ikea)

    But there's no entry for the likes of me!

    Sadness

    enough of that stuff - here are some rotten bales

    okay okay okay - here is another religious one:


    Finally, let's have Sep and garlic and anchovies and salad for supper (with a decent Rioja).

    My friend (he said, as he extended the olive branch ) I am blessed beyond measure.

    And among those blessings is the privilege of viewing art such as this. Wow. Seriously. (that 28 cron just ROCKS!.. especially in such talented hands!)

    Gonna have to think that offer of yours over a bit... hmm a whole $1K, huh? Tempting... then again.

  15. #1865
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    Ok..one more today...50 lux ASPH at 1.4
    Steve... whoa... my fav of the day!!!

  16. #1866
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Snow fun around here!

    CV 15/4.5 Heliar:

  17. #1867
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    That 28 cron looks like it is working for you Jono..I enjoyed those shots.

  18. #1868
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    THANKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Steve... whoa... my fav of the day!!!

  19. #1869
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Lloyd, peace is impossible unless you sell me your unwanted Noctilux at an impossible price.
    Just send it here:



    (Zeiss 25mm)

    Just this guy you know

  20. #1870
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Lloyd, peace is impossible unless you sell me your unwanted Noctilux at an impossible price.
    Just send it here:



    (Zeiss 25mm)

  21. #1871
    Subscriber & Workshop Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    1,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    414

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Jono - I'm glad you didn't let that Zeiss 25 go, you had it on the block if I remember correctly. It really has some bite to it. I'll be curious to see how you manage with both it and the 28 cron after shooting with both for a while.

  22. #1872
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Covet, covet, covet...

    Got to play around with a 75 Lux.. A lens I'd consider giving up the Nocti for (maybe).



    Last edited by Lloyd; 12th February 2009 at 16:40.

  23. #1873
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Lloyd, Those summilux shots are GREAT..and Jono, your house shot looks very cool in B&W. I would take a 75 Lux if I had the chance!

  24. #1874
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    or a Noctilux. (stupid me sold mine 2 years ago)

  25. #1875
    Senior Member ecliffordsmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Antwerpen
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Hi All,

    Wow, Tim/Lloyd/Gero/Jono/Steve/Elvis, really nice photographs. Some wonderful keepsakes for your families.

    Jono,

    Very funny about the 'official' photographer being pissed.

  26. #1876
    Cancelledreality
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    This thread is moving fast.

    All great shots, guys.

    That Noctilux is looking good, Lloyd. Must resist buying...

  27. #1877
    luxferous
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Wow, fast moving thread, many many great shots here.

    Here's my contribution. Hopefully, you guys enjoy them as much as I did all the other images here.







    All shot with M8 and Canon 50 0.95 along the Singapore River.

  28. #1878
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by luxferous View Post
    Wow, fast moving thread, many many great shots here.

    Here's my contribution. Hopefully, you guys enjoy them as much as I did all the other images here.

    All shot with M8 and Canon 50 0.95 along the Singapore River.
    Simply amazing. I've never seen that 50/0,95 used as well.

  29. #1879
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Gathering Storm

    CV 15/4.5 Heliar:

  30. #1880
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Covet, covet, covet...

    Got to play around with a 75 Lux.. A lens I'd consider giving up the Nocti for (maybe).


    Hi Lloyd
    trouble with the 75 lux is that it's so damned big! (yes, I'd like one too!).
    On the other hand, my lovely 75 'cron does the business for me, and it also has a lovely bokeh.

    This is your wife? i think? If not, then you're being naughty (that look she's giving you!) What a wonderful photo.
    Having said that, I think I'd have liked just a touch more dof - you've got it perfect, but her nose is a little too powdered for my liking!

    Were you trying to sell the guy the binoculars . . . he looks very suspicious!

    Just this guy you know

  31. #1881
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by luxferous View Post
    Here's my contribution. Hopefully, you guys enjoy them as much as I did all the other images here.

    All shot with M8 and Canon 50 0.95 along the Singapore River.
    Absolutely - magical shots . .
    Is the canon 50 rangefinder linked? or do you have to guess the focus

    Just this guy you know

  32. #1882
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Hi Lloyd
    trouble with the 75 lux is that it's so damned big! (yes, I'd like one too!).
    On the other hand, my lovely 75 'cron does the business for me, and it also has a lovely bokeh.

    This is your wife? i think? If not, then you're being naughty (that look she's giving you!) What a wonderful photo.
    Having said that, I think I'd have liked just a touch more dof - you've got it perfect, but her nose is a little too powdered for my liking!

    Were you trying to sell the guy the binoculars . . . he looks very suspicious!
    I agree, that 75 lux is a monster by Leica standards, so, I'd settle for the Cron.

    I only had it in my hands for about 10 minutes, it belongs to our regional Leica rep, Linda Leslie-Butler. The fellow with the binoculars is her husband, James, who was inspecting them for someone there in the shop. Linda and James have a gallery here on this site.

    I agree about the shot of my wife, a bit more DOF would have helped, but I was just fiddling with the lens wide open. That looks comes from my having just said that I need to buy one of these (or words to that effect... I either get the eyes narrowing, as in this case, or the eye roll... and having received that look, I knew all I was going to do was covet the lens.)

  33. #1883
    luxferous
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Hi Jonoslack,

    Thank you for your kind comments! Yes, the 50 0.95 is rangefinder coupled, so it can be focused. The DOF at 0.95 is very very shallow!
    In fact there's another thread in here that's started by Hacker on this lens.

    Lioyd,
    Thank you very very much!

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Absolutely - magical shots . .
    Is the canon 50 rangefinder linked? or do you have to guess the focus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
    Simply amazing. I've never seen that 50/0,95 used as well.

  34. #1884
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    jonoslack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    East Anglia & Cornwall (UK)
    Posts
    11,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

    I agree about the shot of my wife, a bit more DOF would have helped, but I was just fiddling with the lens wide open. That looks comes from my having just said that I need to buy one of these (or words to that effect... I either get the eyes narrowing, as in this case, or the eye roll... and having received that look, I knew all I was going to do was covet the lens.)
    Well, to me at least, that look seems to be brimming with amused affection.

    Am I to understand that, like me, you actually discuss lens purchases with the boss beforehand?

    Just this guy you know

  35. #1885
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Another 35 cron example;
    Last edited by ElvisKennedy; 9th June 2013 at 10:02.

  36. #1886
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    And a 28 2.8 Asph example;
    Last edited by ElvisKennedy; 9th June 2013 at 10:02.

  37. #1887
    Subscriber Member TRSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Central Maine, U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,406
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    9

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Whew! Hard to keep up with this thread!

    Stevem8's shots of the retired gear reminded me of this taken on my first outing with my (then) new 75 lux.

  38. #1888
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    Well, to me at least, that look seems to be brimming with amused affection.

    Am I to understand that, like me, you actually discuss lens purchases with the boss beforehand?
    Yes, indeed I do, and she's amazingly supportive. Just today suggesting to me that I need to add a full-frame body to my Nikon kit. Our oldest has one, and she was impressed with the output.

    And you're right about the bemused affection, even her "looks" are covered with love. As I said before... all these years, and every single day I wonder at how incredibly lucky (blessed) I am.

  39. #1889
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    525
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    cam, It is really a grate lens, it is the widest, smalest, eassy lens; no hood, simple. To bad nobody make a simple lens like this any more. this and the old 35 summicron are a grate combination.

    Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    ooh! i'm so excited to see somebody else has this lens! and you took an absolutely beautiful shot. the low contrast can make things look muddy at times, but here i think you've shown its magic. contrast, levels, etc., can always be tweaked in PP. but here you've got tones that can only be captured by an older lens.

  40. #1890
    Subscriber Member Jorgen Udvang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pratamnak
    Posts
    9,344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2157

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Hey... I'm away for two days, and this place is packed with great photos. To many good photographers here I may have to take up ludo again

    Lloyd, some of your portraits are beyond great. I won't comment on Jono's meal. Next time, you mail a bit for tasting before you eat it all yourself, ok?

    Ok, ok... looks good

  41. #1891
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Thank you. Coming from you, I'm more than a little honored!

  42. #1892
    Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    23,623
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    2555

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Udvang View Post
    Hey... I'm away for two days, and this place is packed with great photos. To many good photographers here I may have to take up ludo again

    Lloyd, some of your portraits are beyond great. I won't comment on Jono's meal. Next time, you mail a bit for tasting before you eat it all yourself, ok?

    Ok, ok... looks good
    I know and we all love it. Some great shooters on this forum
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

    www.guymancusophotography.com

  43. #1893
    MEB
    Guest

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    This is known as the Old Mission Lighthouse. It is on the northern tip of the...wait for it...Old Mission Peninsula, just north of Traverse City, Michigan. It sits exactly on the 45th Parallel (exactly 1/2 way between the North Pole and the Equator). Built in 1870, it is now a state park.

    M8 with 28 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH. Processed in CS4 and Silver Efex Pro. I added grain and reverse vignetting for what I hope is a nostalgic look.

    Thanks for looking,
    Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)


  44. #1894
    Member ElvisKennedy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Mark:

    Nice shot! And nice work on the B&W. Funny you should mention the 45th parallel. I traveled through Suring, WI this past week and they make a big deal about being halfway between the equator and the north pole. Unfortunately, that's about all that Suring has to offer. It certainly isn't as scenic as yours.

  45. #1895
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by MEB View Post
    This is known as the Old Mission Lighthouse. It is on the northern tip of the...wait for it...Old Mission Peninsula, just north of Traverse City, Michigan. It sits exactly on the 45th Parallel (exactly 1/2 way between the North Pole and the Equator). Built in 1870, it is now a state park.

    M8 with 28 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH. Processed in CS4 and Silver Efex Pro. I added grain and reverse vignetting for what I hope is a nostalgic look.

    Thanks for looking,
    Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)
    Very nice. Love the processing.

  46. #1896
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    More great shots..this thread is HUGE and growing every day! Anyway, here are a couple...

  47. #1897
    Member Hank Graber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    M8, 35 1.4 Summilux

    Attachment 12268
    Manaboa, Dominican Republic


    Attachment 12269
    Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic

  48. #1898
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem8 View Post
    More great shots..this thread is HUGE and growing every day! Anyway, here are a couple...
    Very nice... yet again!

    I particularly like the portraits... that last one especially.

  49. #1899
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Lloyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    10,398
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Graber View Post
    M8, 35 1.4 Summilux

    Attachment 12268
    Manaboa, Dominican Republic


    Attachment 12269
    Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
    Both nice, but that first image just jumps for me. Love the clouds particularly.

  50. #1900
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    2,077
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    1

    Re: More and more fun with M8 images

    Quote Originally Posted by Hank Graber View Post
    M8, 35 1.4 Summilux

    Attachment 12268
    Manaboa, Dominican Republic


    Attachment 12269
    Jarabacoa, Dominican Republic
    Hank

    Nice to have you back. Been a while since you last posted. Nice images

    Woody

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •