The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Jack - how can I pick a favorite when I only have two! :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Unfair question.
The 50 pre-asph gives great results consistently, exactly what I expected from it after seeing images from several sources. I love it.
The 50 Summarit is constantly surprising me, I cherish it.

John - The images above are all crops, two are maybe even 100%. I do have difficulty but probably more due to my poor technique and inexperience than attributes of the equipment. I did miss a lot when shooting this series. There was some wind as well.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jack - how can I pick a favorite when I only have two! :ROTFL::ROTFL:
Unfair question.
The 50 pre-asph gives great results consistently, exactly what I expected from it after seeing images from several sources. I love it.
The 50 Summarit is constantly surprising me, I cherish it.
What, are you running for office?

:ROTFL:

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Here you go... The Shiprock, taken about fourteen miles from Shiprock, New Mexico, using M8 and my trusty old 35mm pre-asph Cron.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Love the composition in the second one Chuck --- but then of course you already knew I like old, broken or graffitied junk in my images whenever possible!

:D,

Chuck Jones

Subscriber Member

Love the composition in the second one Chuck --- but then of course you already knew I like old, broken or graffitied junk in my images whenever possible!

:D,
Jack, that is just called a good documentary image, with lots of "local color." :thumbs:

JimCollum

here's another of my grandson.. this time shot with the Zeiss Sonnar 1.5 wide open.

and the color version

Last edited:

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member

Jim, his skin looks almost translucent, kind of like and eggshell in the B&W... Not sure how I feel about that, but I definitely prefer the B&W to the color.

Cheers,

woodyspedden

Jim

I also like the B&W better although that is not to say I think something is wrong with the color image. Just my preference for this particular image.

Woody

jonoslack

You can be a grandfather legally at 32 . . . being a REAL old fart (like me) takes years of practice (and there's no guarantee of grandchildren).
:)

woodyspedden

yea.. you met me.. i'm an *old* fart

:)
Jim

I am 71 and counting. I will let you know when you are actually an "old fart." By the way, this is the saying my mom, who is 91 and still at home fending for herself, tells me when I tell her I am getting old(er) She tells me basically to get a life, she will tell me when I am old. And if she believes this, how old will she be when she tells me LOL!

God bless truly old(er) folks. We earned getting to where we are.

Thanks MOM

Love

Woody

robsteve

Subscriber

Jim, his skin looks almost translucent, kind of like and eggshell in the B&W... Not sure how I feel about that, but I definitely prefer the B&W to the color.

Cheers,
I anm with Jack on this one. The B&W looks like some of your IR work. It is probably better in color, or you need to train yourself not to use the IF workflow on all B&W :)

I didn't think you were old enough to be a grandfather!

Robert

JimCollum

I anm with Jack on this one. The B&W looks like some of your IR work. It is probably better in color, or you need to train yourself not to use the IF workflow on all B&W :)

I didn't think you were old enough to be a grandfather!

Robert
actually, normal B/W workflow.. That's the tone skin takes when using a red filter

fotografz

Jim, if you have a second, try converting that photo just using the B&W Gradent Map in Photoshop with a slight curves tweak afterwards ... I'd be curious to see the results.