The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

M

MEB

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Every Saturday morning I have breakfast with a group of friends at a classic 1950s style diner. This was shot with my M8 and 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit, existing light filtered through a wall of glass bricks behind my left shoulder. Processed with Nik Silver Efex Pro. Any comments are welcome.

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Very nice MEB! Sharp and very crisp, especially on the main subject.

Lloyd

Every Saturday morning I have breakfast with a group of friends at a classic 1950s style diner. This was shot with my M8 and 28mm f/2.8 Elmarit, existing light filtered through a wall of glass bricks behind my left shoulder. Processed with Nik Silver Efex Pro. Any comments are welcome.

Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)
Nice isolation of your main subject. The b/w conversion is particularly good.

Lloyd

Dreary, cold and stormy... bored to tears. Playing around with the Noctilux, at f1.0

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

I think I'm having a bout of the photographer's equivalent of writer's block.

helenhill

Mr Smith:
Very Cool the reflections in Main Street
Great Combination / Metal Patina against a Soft Creamy Swirl of background

Which lens ?

ecliffordsmith

MEB,

Welcome, what a nice portrait!

Lloyd,

The bokeh both in front of and behind the focus point is amazing. It sends your eyes flying all over the place.

Tim,

I second what Lloyd says. If you are doing this when blocked, well that cannot be bad!

Is the 75 Summilux a new lens to you?

Hans,

Thank you very much indeed!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

These leave me speechless. What were you using, and how did you do the bw conversions?
Thanks for the kind words.

These are shot with the 28 cron and 50 lux (pre-asph) on my M8, B&W conversions done in LR2.

In LR2, I go to the greyscale mode and start with "auto" which gives me a good starting point. Then I use the color filter "target adjustment tool" to selectively modify the lumination of certain colors from the original RAW file to get the look and contrast I want. To finishi it off, I add a little "post-crop vignette" to eliminate some distraction from the edges.

Mike