The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Hans
I just love the cafe shot - I'm feeling better and better about the 28 'cron I just ordered from Robert white - it should be with me tomorrow.

Mike
Lovely black and white conversions - I still like to use silver efex though (perhaps it encourages one to be too brutal!).

Jim
I love the second one . . . do I detect the lack of an IR filter on the colour version . . it's not so much the t-shirt as the eyes.

Ed
Spooky stuff - I especially like the first one (where is it).

ecliffordsmith

Hi Jono,

Thanks!

All three were taken in Antwerp. The first is the Grote Markt, or main square in the fog. The statue/fountain depicts the legend of how the city got its name. A roman called Brabo killed a dragon that had been causing trouble to boats on the river and cut off his hand and threw it into the Schelde. The ANT being a verison of hand and WERPEN being a dutch version for throwing.

C

Cancelledreality

Ed, Helen, Jono, thank you!

Jono, you will be really happy with the 'cron. It is a fanastic lens!

jonoslack

Ed, Helen, Jono, thank you!

Jono, you will be really happy with the 'cron. It is a fanastic lens!
Hi Hans
I just got it - the delivery man left it in the garage, and the box was severely dinged . . . but the leica box inside is okay, and the lens seems perfect. It seems to focus fine . . . just a tad forward, but I like that.

it's small . . . lens hood is erm.. vast!

robsteve

Subscriber

Thanks Gary. I used LR2, and described an outline of my B&W conversion method in post #1135 - a few posts up on this page.
Mike:

Your images are great. I would make sure you make a print of the daughter with friends picture. She would appreciate it in the future.

In regards to lightroom, is it possible to re-arrange the processing controls? In other words, are they docked panels you can drag around. I tried, but nothing was moving.

Yesterday, I was processing some images from a party and they only needed minor exposure adjustments and some vignette added. With the exposure control and vignette control on opposite ends of the dock, it took a lot of scrolling to make the two adjustments.

Robert

C

Cancelledreality

Hi Hans
I just got it - the delivery man left it in the garage, and the box was severely dinged . . . but the leica box inside is okay, and the lens seems perfect. It seems to focus fine . . . just a tad forward, but I like that.

it's small . . . lens hood is erm.. vast!
That hood is indeed huge, looks almost like a vaccumcleaner. :)
Can't wait to see some shots with the 'cron!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Robert you can do this also in C1 since i know you just bought the Pro version. Simple trick get a nice image and apply a B&W panchromatic style to it. Than go into color picker menu and pick say the blue sky with the eye dropper than make adjustments there than continue on in all colors you want to adjust darker or lighter and such. Works very nice in c1 also as well as Mike does in LR. I just did some B&W in CS4 with very similar techniques on adjusting the original colors in a B&W adjustment layer.

lmr

Sewing Lesson.

M8 - 75mm Cron Wide open. Resize, Auto Level & Post.

Enjoy.

Robert.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike:

In regards to lightroom, is it possible to re-arrange the processing controls? In other words, are they docked panels you can drag around. I tried, but nothing was moving.

Robert
Thanks Robert.

In LR2, you cannot change the order of the processing controls, but you can expand/contract individual controls. I "contract" the controls that I rarely use so that they don't take up space and I can just easily skip over them. Then in the few situations that I need them, I just expand them for that use.

Hope that helps,
Mike

jonoslack

First pic with new 28 'cron
nothing impressive, but I had to shoot it at f2
all seems well, focusing accurate, no obvious focus shift, all rather lovely really!

Lloyd

First pic with new 28 'cron
nothing impressive, but I had to shoot it at f2
all seems well, focusing accurate, no obvious focus shift, all rather lovely really!
Congrats!!! Looking forward to many wonders from that sweet glass.

I just bit the bullet and bought one as well. Can't wait for it to arrive.

Lloyd

One of my ever-patient wife with the CV 35/2.5 Color Skopar "C". Sweet little lens. The price is certainly right!

L

luxferous

My first post. Hope you guys like it.

M8 with canon 50mm 0.95

With WATE

Lloyd

My first post. Hope you guys like it.

M8 with canon 50mm 0.95

With WATE
Great first post!!! That Canon ,95 lays out some dreamlike images! I really like the tonality of that shot with the WATE. Well done all around. :salute: