The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Sheesh - and you lead us to believe she's a Leica gal.
Mea culpa.:eek: (Although I actually just said that she is a sales clerk at the local Leica shop... I left the extrapolations to the rest of you.) :lecture: :cool:

And I did take her picture with a Leica!! ;)

jonoslack

Well - my new 28 'cron arrived, and she is a darling . . but it's important not to put the lovely lovely zeiss 25 out to grass. I still think it might be the sharpest lens I have:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike:

If you don't mind my asking, what lens did you use on those three friends of your family portraits? They are lovely shots and I like the drawing of whatever lens you used. I'm considering a 50 lux or the 75 cron for portraits and your shots have the look I'm after. Thanks.

Elvis
Thanks for the kind words Elvis. Those specific images were shot with the 75 lux, a lens that I no longer own. I've found that the 50 lux (pre-asph) has a very similar look, which I love.

Mike

Lloyd

Well - my new 28 'cron arrived, and she is a darling . . but it's important not to put the lovely lovely zeiss 25 out to grass. I still think it might be the sharpest lens I have:

Sharp indeed!! That lens is a treasure. Beautiful shots too.

jonoslack

Sharp indeed!! That lens is a treasure. Beautiful shots too.
Thank you Lloyd (though I fear I overdid the 'hdr' on the house shot)
someone wondered about this one in colour (75 summicron), so here it is:

jonoslack

Jono
that 25 Zeiss is superb in your hands...:D
Oooh Helen - you do know how to talk to a boy :)
Thank you, I'm flattered, but I fear the lens has more to do with it than the hands!
It's just a lovely lens on the M8, with a feel all of it's own, and it handles nicely and isn't too big.

Gary P

Hi Jono,

Do you really like the wait? Do you think the loss of speed is made up with the convenience of a 3 in one lens? I sure looks superbly sharp!

Gary P

ElvisKennedy

Mike:

That does it! I had a 50 lux pre-asph and sold it when I got a nice offer. I figured the new asph version might be the way to go but your shots along with the ones I took with that pre-asph version seal the deal. Now I'm on the look-out for a nice pre-asph 50 lux.

Elvis

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd (though I fear I overdid the 'hdr' on the house shot)
someone wondered about this one in colour (75 summicron), so here it is:
You know, I loved the B/W version (still do), but this one... yesss! :salute: