The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

M

Mango

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Great series of image. I particularly like this one.
Thanks Lloyd. I must confess, I'm a very mediocre snapper at best, but the M8 is a real joy to use. Most of the shots were taken at "A" so Leica must be doing it right, and they are jpgs straight out of the box. Happy shooting! Regards, Mango

M

Mango

Great series of image. I particularly like this one.
PS. The woman's cigar-smoking husband saw me standing on Madison & 80th with the M8 cammy, and said "nice camera" and then proceeded to tell me he's a film fan, with a M7 and R8. I took the pic of his wife as a test shot to show him, and I thought she was gorgeous. I find older women very gracious, particularly if they are well dressed, something rare today when everyone is wearing Juicy Couture, Ugg boots and a Louis Vuitton bag.

Lloyd

PS. The woman's cigar-smoking husband saw me standing on Madison & 80th with the M8 cammy, and said "nice camera" and then proceeded to tell me he's a film fan, with a M7 and R8. I took the pic of his wife as a test shot to show him, and I thought she was gorgeous. I find older women very gracious, particularly if they are well dressed, something rare today when everyone is wearing Juicy Couture, Ugg boots and a Louis Vuitton bag.
I'm not sure you're gonna sell me that "mediocre" idea. Some clear evidence of a very fine eye. Keep it up, and share more. :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing the story of the shot of the woman. I love it when things like that happen.

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Again, a lot of wonderful photographs.

Mango,

Nice to the NYC photographs. I am off there in just over 11 weeks so it is great to see the reminders. It is amazing that such a big building like St Patricks can appear dwarfed. I love the scale of Manhattan.

Jono,

That Zeiss 25 must be sharp considering you are also a 75 Summicron owner!

Lloyd/Mike,

Again nice photographs!

jonoslack

Hi Jono,

Do you really like the wait? Do you think the loss of speed is made up with the convenience of a 3 in one lens? I sure looks superbly sharp!

Gary P
Hi Gary
I always thought the WATE was a bit of a bother, but recently I have a small bag which takes an M8 with the WATe AND the finder fitted, suddenly it's a lovely thing to use.
I tend to use it on one focal length at a time, but I don't mind about the speed (I really don't need better than f4 for wide angle).
It IS sharp, but it does have a lovely glow about it.

Lloyd, thanks for the kind words, Mike, the granny and girl shot is completely fabulous :clap::clap:

Lloyd

A couple with the CV 28/1.9 Ultron (which I have for sale - listed here in the Gear FS section:thumbup:):

Not bad at IR either:

Last edited:

jonoslack

One with the Nocti.
My newest daughter-in-love:
Spiffing Lloyd - if she were my daughter in law I think I'd be a little in love as well! The consolation for having boys is that they bring home beautiful and delightful young women:toocool::bugeyes::angel::clap:

gero

the nice thing about having girls is that I never thought of that.:p

Spiffing Lloyd - if she were my daughter in law I think I'd be a little in love as well! The consolation for having boys is that they bring home beautiful and delightful young women:toocool::bugeyes::angel::clap:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Lloyd, The men in your family have good taste in women.

I'm sure she and your son love this photo.