The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: More and more fun with M8 images

Here's my contribution. Hopefully, you guys enjoy them as much as I did all the other images here.

All shot with M8 and Canon 50 0.95 along the Singapore River.
Absolutely - magical shots . .
Is the canon 50 rangefinder linked? or do you have to guess the focus:eek:

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd
trouble with the 75 lux is that it's so damned big! (yes, I'd like one too!).
On the other hand, my lovely 75 'cron does the business for me, and it also has a lovely bokeh.

This is your wife? i think? If not, then you're being naughty (that look she's giving you!) What a wonderful photo.
Having said that, I think I'd have liked just a touch more dof - you've got it perfect, but her nose is a little too powdered for my liking!

Were you trying to sell the guy the binoculars . . . he looks very suspicious!
I agree, that 75 lux is a monster by Leica standards, so, I'd settle for the Cron.

I only had it in my hands for about 10 minutes, it belongs to our regional Leica rep, Linda Leslie-Butler. The fellow with the binoculars is her husband, James, who was inspecting them for someone there in the shop. Linda and James have a gallery here on this site.

I agree about the shot of my wife, a bit more DOF would have helped, but I was just fiddling with the lens wide open. That looks comes from my having just said that I need to buy one of these (or words to that effect... I either get the eyes narrowing, as in this case, or the eye roll... and having received that look, I knew all I was going to do was covet the lens.) :D

L

luxferous

Hi Jonoslack,

Thank you for your kind comments! Yes, the 50 0.95 is rangefinder coupled, so it can be focused. The DOF at 0.95 is very very shallow!
In fact there's another thread in here that's started by Hacker on this lens.

Lioyd,
Thank you very very much!

Absolutely - magical shots . .
Is the canon 50 rangefinder linked? or do you have to guess the focus:eek:
Simply amazing. I've never seen that 50/0,95 used as well. :salute:

jonoslack

I agree about the shot of my wife, a bit more DOF would have helped, but I was just fiddling with the lens wide open. That looks comes from my having just said that I need to buy one of these (or words to that effect... I either get the eyes narrowing, as in this case, or the eye roll... and having received that look, I knew all I was going to do was covet the lens.) :D
Well, to me at least, that look seems to be brimming with amused affection.

Am I to understand that, like me, you actually discuss lens purchases with the boss beforehand?

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Whew! Hard to keep up with this thread!

Stevem8's shots of the retired gear reminded me of this taken on my first outing with my (then) new 75 lux.

Lloyd

Well, to me at least, that look seems to be brimming with amused affection.

Am I to understand that, like me, you actually discuss lens purchases with the boss beforehand?
Yes, indeed I do, and she's amazingly supportive. Just today suggesting to me that I need to add a full-frame body to my Nikon kit. Our oldest has one, and she was impressed with the output.

And you're right about the bemused affection, even her "looks" are covered with love. As I said before... all these years, and every single day I wonder at how incredibly lucky (blessed) I am. :angel:

gero

cam, It is really a grate lens, it is the widest, smalest, eassy lens; no hood, simple. To bad nobody make a simple lens like this any more. this and the old 35 summicron are a grate combination.

ooh! i'm so excited to see somebody else has this lens! and you took an absolutely beautiful shot. the low contrast can make things look muddy at times, but here i think you've shown its magic. contrast, levels, etc., can always be tweaked in PP. but here you've got tones that can only be captured by an older lens.

Jorgen Udvang

Subscriber Member

Hey... I'm away for two days, and this place is packed with great photos. To many good photographers here :lecture: I may have to take up ludo again :(

Lloyd, some of your portraits are beyond great. I won't comment on Jono's meal. Next time, you mail a bit for tasting before you eat it all yourself, ok?

Ok, ok... looks good :p

Lloyd

Thank you. Coming from you, I'm more than a little honored! :toocool:

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Hey... I'm away for two days, and this place is packed with great photos. To many good photographers here :lecture: I may have to take up ludo again :(

Lloyd, some of your portraits are beyond great. I won't comment on Jono's meal. Next time, you mail a bit for tasting before you eat it all yourself, ok?

Ok, ok... looks good :p
I know and we all love it. Some great shooters on this forum

M

MEB

This is known as the Old Mission Lighthouse. It is on the northern tip of the...wait for it...Old Mission Peninsula, just north of Traverse City, Michigan. It sits exactly on the 45th Parallel (exactly 1/2 way between the North Pole and the Equator). Built in 1870, it is now a state park.

M8 with 28 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH. Processed in CS4 and Silver Efex Pro. I added grain and reverse vignetting for what I hope is a nostalgic look.

Thanks for looking,
Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)

ElvisKennedy

Mark:

Nice shot! And nice work on the B&W. Funny you should mention the 45th parallel. I traveled through Suring, WI this past week and they make a big deal about being halfway between the equator and the north pole. Unfortunately, that's about all that Suring has to offer. It certainly isn't as scenic as yours.

Lloyd

This is known as the Old Mission Lighthouse. It is on the northern tip of the...wait for it...Old Mission Peninsula, just north of Traverse City, Michigan. It sits exactly on the 45th Parallel (exactly 1/2 way between the North Pole and the Equator). Built in 1870, it is now a state park.

M8 with 28 Elmarit f2.8 ASPH. Processed in CS4 and Silver Efex Pro. I added grain and reverse vignetting for what I hope is a nostalgic look.

Thanks for looking,
Mark (East Lansing, Michigan)
Very nice. Love the processing.

stevem8

More great shots..this thread is HUGE and growing every day! Anyway, here are a couple...