The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jonoslack

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Hmm
my 'unstolen' M8 has been around the block today.
here are a couple of shots:

Wate at 16mm

Wate at 16mm

28 'cron

28 'cron

28 'cron

cam

Hi, I'm new to this forum and catching up on reading lots of its excellent threads.

I'm wondering: did the plan above ever come to fruition? (I searched but didn't see anything on it but might have missed it).

Thanks.
i posted that just as i was set to travel for the month.

if nobody else starts a thread, i promise to do so for all the listed focal lengths (unless somebody has a better breakdown) at the beginning of June.

whilst it's great to have this all-in-one thread, i do know i search out focal lengths i'm interested in getting and sometimes that's difficult to find despite the wonderful search engine.... then again, i've been accused of being a lens nerd/snob and seem to see things others swear i can't :rolleyes: it doesn't bother me in the least. i i'm just mad about the differences in glass and love to share the passion!

Lloyd

Hi, I'm new to this forum and catching up on reading lots of its excellent threads.

I'm wondering: did the plan above ever come to fruition? (I searched but didn't see anything on it but might have missed it).

Thanks.
Not yet, but no reason not to start one. If you have images with one or more of those lenses, start a thread, and we'll go from there. (Admin, any reason not to do so?)

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

No reason at all start a thread on any lens you want , we love to see images here and always share knowledge of any lens. Let it rip

BTW it's your home too, if it feels good than do it.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

. . . my 'unstolen' M8 has been around the block today.
ahhh, back in papa's hands and a well deserved stroll around the block! Very rewarding I am sure - the images capture a wonderful reunion on a magical day. Splendid!

leif e

Re: Even more fun with Leica film images

Admin note: Leif, no beating but I did merge your new thread with the existing M image thread. We'll start a new one once we hit 1000 or so posts in this one.

The M and B&W is simply a match made in heaven. Great images folks!
That´s ok, indeed - just thought I remembered a film M thread.
leif e

Diane B

Hmm
my 'unstolen' M8 has been around the block today.
here are a couple of shots:
So glad its back in your hands where it should be. It was a good day for shooting--beautiful sky--and I always love the lanes.

Diane

cam

That´s ok, indeed - just thought I remembered a film M thread.
leif e
Leif -- there's a thread in the Analog forum that's for film images (though we all always enjoy seeing them anywhere). just pointing you there, in case you want to see what others are doing with the various M's.

Jono -- good to see you reunited with your baby! i feel that way about my Epson, which took a side trip to Papeete. when it returns from service, i am wondering if it will start capturing images like Gauguin.

jonoslack

Thanks everyone.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder!
At any rate, it's good to have it back.
Cam, if your printer starts printing images like Gauguin - you'd better make sure they're signed, and if not, send it straight back!

cam

Cam, if your printer starts printing images like Gauguin - you'd better make sure they're signed, and if not, send it straight back!
it's my camera -- the R-D1 -- that got the Polynesian holiday. the things they will do to avoid a trip to the doctor!!!

jonoslack

it's my camera -- the R-D1 -- that got the Polynesian holiday. the things they will do to avoid a trip to the doctor!!!
That's even better - I guess it'll come home with a grass skirt!

stevem8

Glad to hear your camera is safe and sound Jono..

Me, I got a 35 Lux today :)

leif e

Leif -- there's a thread in the Analog forum that's for film images (though we all always enjoy seeing them anywhere). just pointing you there, in case you want to see what others are doing with the various M's.
Thanks! That´s the one I was looking for/remembered. :)
leif e

DavidE

More 18mm shots. They were taken in and around the Wynn and Encore hotels in Vegas.

Different processing this time. I was trying to figure out how Jono gets those wonderful dark skies, and it progressed (or regressed) from there.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

More 18mm shots. They were taken in and around the Wynn and Encore hotels in Vegas.

Different processing this time. I was trying to figure out how Jono gets those wonderful dark skies, and it progressed (or regressed) from there.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Very impressive stuff, David. Keep 'em coming!!:thumbup:

ecliffordsmith

Hi All,

Wow, a lot of progress since I last saw the thread.

Jono/Jim/Leif,

Very nice photographs.

David,

Again, really nice results from the 18mm. Are you using an external finder with it?

Steve,

Congratulations on your new lens. I have often been tempted by this lens as 35mm really is my focal length but all the front/back/shift horror stories scared me off. I look forward to seeing some of your results.

DavidE

Thanks, Steve, Lloyd, and Ed. The 18mm is a good fit for Vegas where everything is already bigger than life.

Ed, I sprung for Leica's 24mm viewfinder after checking with David Farkas to see that it worked well with the 18mm lens. I wear glasses, and I'm still not comfortable using the 28 cron with the built-in viewfinder (I have to move my head around a lot to see the complete frame). I figured I might be able to also use the 24mm viewfinder with the 28 cron if I mentally compensate for the difference.