The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

great pictures Steve, What F stop did you use? and what light source was used
Thanks, interesting look
I shot these with the 35 Lux at 1.4 in LOW light in my kitchen last night. Just the light from above our table. I missed focus in the 2nd one but still liked it. These were also shot at ISO 1250.

Thanks

stevem8

Cool Lloyd! I love IR though I never seriously gave it a try. I may have to pick up one of those filters to give it a whirl! Cool images.

Lloyd

I think you'd like it, Steve, and a lot of your photography would lend itself to some really cool IR. However, if you do consider it, check out this thread:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257 It lists the lenses that are best for IR. Many of the more modern lenses (especially the ASPH lenses) don't work well, and have a hotspot in the center of the image. There are workarounds for some, so this is good read, if you're interested in IR.

f 10

M8 CV2,5/35
Netherland / Enkhuizen

Last edited:

cyberguru

Great photos Lloyd.

I too really like the 2nd one. Looks like I'll have to pickup a 072 filter and try it on my 35mm IV and 50mm pre-asph. Always wanted to play with some IR processing.

Thanks for the link.

P.S. Do you mind sharing your workflow in that 2nd photo? Thanks.

I think you'd like it, Steve, and a lot of your photography would lend itself to some really cool IR. However, if you do consider it, check out this thread:http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257 It lists the lenses that are best for IR. Many of the more modern lenses (especially the ASPH lenses) don't work well, and have a hotspot in the center of the image. There are workarounds for some, so this is good read, if you're interested in IR.

Last edited:

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Just to close the loop on something I posted a few pages back... the shed building. After posting that original shot I realized that perhaps this wasn't the exact forum for that sort of thing. I imagined taking a lot more photos of the process (I did but won't bore you with them) but found myself pretty busy with the job of building the thing.

Second shot shows it at about 90% complete. In the Fall, once the pine siding has dried and shrunk, I'll install vertical batttens over the edges of the siding. Otherwise, it's ready to go.

helenhill

Tim

as opposed to a shed
how about a Dark Room.....:bugeyes::ROTFL:

Looks Great!!!
Best to YOU -H :)

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Thanks Helen. Maybe your onto something... let's see, water, power, and oh yeah—a couple of big doors! :rolleyes:

Lloyd

Great photos Lloyd.

P.S. Do you mind sharing your workflow in that 2nd photo? Thanks.
No problem. I set the WB to Tungsten for the shot (always do with that particular filter). f5.6, with infinity set to about f5.6 to f8 for focus correction.

For processing, I followed this in Photoshop CS4: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62138&postcount=46 for which I've created an action, and to which I've added a Curves adjustment layer, which I adjust to taste for each image. That will leave you with a color image, similar to the others I posted. For this image, I then used a B&W adjustment layer, and played with the Blue and Red sliders (usually moving them all the way to the left) until I got what I wanted. BTW, in this image the sky was completely overcast. Otherwise, I'd have a very dark sky.

Hope this makes sense. Good luck.

f 10

Very nice. Great lens, that CV 35/2,5. Sharp, contrasty, cheap. Can't think of a single reason not to own one.
Thanks Lloyd,
but you forgot something: It is really small
There is only one reason not own one - 2/35 IV
Three other shots with this sweet little lens

1) Netherland / Enkhuizen
2+3) France / Normandie

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd,
but you forgot something: It is really small
There is only one reason not own one - 2/35 IV
Three other shots with this sweet little lens

1) Netherland / Enkhuizen
2+3) France / Normandie
You're right, really small. All in all, a great lens. And these are really nice examples of why.

f 10

now a little bit longer :ROTFL:
M8 4,8/280 with visoflex
France / Normandie

Last edited:

cyberguru

For processing, I followed this in Photoshop CS4: http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showpost.php?p=62138&postcount=46 for which I've created an action, and to which I've added a Curves adjustment layer, which I adjust to taste for each image. That will leave you with a color image, similar to the others I posted. For this image, I then used a B&W adjustment layer, and played with the Blue and Red sliders (usually moving them all the way to the left) until I got what I wanted. BTW, in this image the sky was completely overcast. Otherwise, I'd have a very dark sky.
Thanks Lloyd :thumbup:

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

It has been a while since I had an M8 but thanks to Steve I have returned to the fold. Camera arrived today in great condition and works wonderfully.

A couple of pics with a 35 2.0 Cron

Last edited:

docmoore

All handheld at fairly low shutter speed.

Last edited:

docmoore

All with Leica UV/IR and no color problems at 35.

Last edited:

docmoore

Overall I am completely pleased with this camera...glad to have GET DPI as a resource and home for a wonderful passion. Thanks again Steve.

Bob

Last edited: