The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Thanks, Steve and Lloyd. The 18mm is a good fit for me. I tend to like having everything in focus with plenty of foreground and background objects to enhance the 3-D effect.

A few more 18mm window shots.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

DavidE

From today - M8.2, 35 Lux at 1.4

I agree with Kurt and Lloyd on the processing. It's in a good place between color and B&W. With the color elements that are still there, you can see how the scene might look in real life. With the B&W (or drained color) elements, you're better able to concentrate on the geometry and texture of the scene. The brown tones work especially well for the subject (suggesting rust and decay).

Last edited:

stevem8

Kurt, Lloyd and David..Thanks for the kind comments. Actually, I thought this image was OK, but I did like the color I ended up with. I wish I would of gotten a little closer though. But, thanks for the kind comments guys!!

cam

texted

i had fun shooting my 75 Lux out the window whilst i was in California. i set the camera at 1/1000th, f/8 and anywhere between 640-1250, depending on the light. i loved the challenge of framing from a moving car and the compression that long a lens gives. an added bonus was that i got a lot better at handling that lens quickly....

where i completely ****ed up, was when i stopped moving. i'd remember to change back to either Auto-ISO or Aperture Priority, but seemingly never both! on my Epson, i never seemed to forget but, with the M8 being menu driven, it was more than my pea-brain was able to handle.... it never occured to me why the shot below was at 2500 -- duh! :mad:

newly calibrated 35 Lux Asph, wide open, at (sigh) 2500 ISO:

Lloyd

i had fun shooting my 75 Lux out the window whilst i was in California. i set the camera at 1/1000th, f/8 and anywhere between 640-1250, depending on the light. i loved the challenge of framing from a moving car and the compression that long a lens gives. an added bonus was that i got a lot better at handling that lens quickly....

where i completely ****ed up, was when i stopped moving. i'd remember to change back to either Auto-ISO or Aperture Priority, but seemingly never both! on my Epson, i never seemed to forget but, with the M8 being menu driven, it was more than my pea-brain was able to handle.... it never occured to me why the shot below was at 2500 -- duh! :mad:

Oh yeah!! Love the look of this. Very happy mistake!:thumbup:

cam

ahhh, thank you boys! actually, i guess, i kind of like the grain too.... the only part that really bugs me is the bottom/side of her thumb. i wasn't sure whether i should try to dodge or burn it, so i just left it as is.... any suggestions or am i being too girly?

Lloyd

ahhh, thank you boys! actually, i guess, i kind of like the grain too.... the only part that really bugs me is the bottom/side of her thumb. i wasn't sure whether i should try to dodge or burn it, so i just left it as is.... any suggestions or am i being too girly?
Hmm... never would have noticed at thing, if you hadn't mentioned it. Even now that you've pointed it out, it doesn't bother me at all.

TRSmith

Subscriber Member

Lovely CAM! Tres sexy. I did a quick grab of the jpeg and did some selective curving on it on PS. Even the jpeg can stand a little burning and helps define the thumb/hand a little better. Go for it!

cam

thank you, Lloyd -- i can be overly anal sometimes for someone who embraces grain and blur...

sweet, Hot Stuff! i am still overly jet-lagged and a little shell-shocked (we came in on an Air France flight a few hours after that other one was supposed to arrive)... i will play around more tomorrow.

helenhill

Lovely Shot Cam....seems like YOU finally have fallen in Love w/the M8
and gotten over your insecurities of Posting not so PURRfect Pictures...:)

Best-H

cam

sock it to me!

for you, Ms. Betty Boop, the "it" girl from another era, courtesy of my front-focusing Noctilux:

helenhill

How SWEET is She
& SWEET of YOU to Post.....Delicious Nocti & Little Girl...CHARMING!

cam

every time i see a Betty Boop, i think of you. any time i see an improbably sassy little girl, i think of you.... why is that, i wonder?

:p

but,yes, the M8 and i are starting to make nice with each other.... we got off on the wrong foot but that has more to do with the fact that my two favourite lenses were off than with the camera itself....

viablex1

M8.2/90 cron/F2 - NO PP on this one...

did you use flash? the catchlight if that is the correct term is perfect the eyes are radiant with life, nice!!

oh I see now it looks the the reflection of a window

stevem8

did you use flash? the catchlight if that is the correct term is perfect the eyes are radiant with life, nice!!

oh I see now it looks the the reflection of a window
Thanks! This was all window light!

Steve

Riccis

Re: texted

Fantastic! Grain is very nice and did not notice the thumb...