The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

I

impo

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

To keep this thread alive, here's a few more :salute::

etrigan63

Thanks Lloyd, I'll try to keep that in mind. This is definitely one of the friendliest forums I've been to and I have a feeling I'll be sticking around. By the way, is it just me or does it feel pretty dead lately here (specifically the Leica section)?
Partly due to the summer doldrums (folks away on vacation, generally quiet in the industry, etc...) and partly to do with the rumor of the M9 launch in September (09/09/09 @ 9:09 AM). Lots of folks have been unloading their M8's & 8.2's in anticipation of the M9 which is supposed to be full frame.

Lloyd

Wonderful images from all as usual. Welcome to GlennB. impo - I like the processing in the series you posted.

Here are a few with the M8 and Summarex.
Such beautiful images. That lens in magic, and you sure know how to use it!:salute:

jlm

Workshop Member

i live almost exactly in the center of that image with the fake palm trees, right behind the lower left leaf.
i fact i was scoping out a location for a shot very near where that shot was taken, but at night

jonoslack

Thanks Lloyd, I'll try to keep that in mind. This is definitely one of the friendliest forums I've been to and I have a feeling I'll be sticking around. By the way, is it just me or does it feel pretty dead lately here (specifically the Leica section)?
HI There Impo
More wonderful shots - I think the Leica forum needs a little more life as well, but, as Carlos says, I suspect there is a general feeling of pendingness - and then there are people on holiday. Even one or two people are too busy (me of course)

If Leica do announce something in September things will certainly hot up a bit, as the new camera will certainly be:

too big
too small
too innovative
too traditional
too modern
too retro
too many pixels
not enough pixels
too much live view
not enough live view

too expensive

and boy will people feel strongly about it!

etrigan63

Jono,
just as an experiment, I posted a little article summarizing the general feelings you have described along with a collection of links to speculation on the M9 and that became a top article in one day. Something is definitely in the air (and quite possibly the kool-aid).

Stuart Richardson

Don't hold your breath. They have not even gotten the S2 out the door yet...if the M9 was in late stage development we would have heard about it by now. Leica is not exactly the CIA when it comes to securing information.

jonoslack

Carlos says yes
Stuart says no
I'm not going to guess

I do hope so though, it WOULD be fun.

etrigan63

Oh, I'm not the one holding it. I'm just reporting that others are. I plan on picking up a nice M8.2 in the process.

Lloyd

Quick question for anyone who's had their M8 upgraded. I'm thinking about doing the shutter and framelines, but I can't find the link for upgrades here in the US. Anyone know the drill? Thanks in advance.

Bébèrt

bring it (him or her) to your dealer or mail to the leica upgrade service to order you upgrade. I just send mine via the dealer for the same job to Solms.

Bébèrt

:mad:
oeps, I see what you mean Lloyd, the link with extra US details is off-line.

Lloyd

bring it (him or her) to your dealer or mail to the leica upgrade service to order you upgrade. I just send mine via the dealer for the same job to Solms.
Thank for the link. I had that one, but when one clicks on the link for upgrades in the US the linked page is not correct, and simply says the page I'm looking for cannot be found. (Here's that page:http://us.leica-camera.com/news/news/1/5861.html). I'd rather not send it to Solms if at all possible to avoid. Just can't be without my baby that long, not to mention getting killed by the exchange rate of Euros to dollars.

Thanks again.

woodyspedden

Lloyd

Since the upgrades will be performed by Leica Service in the U.S. why not just call the service department in Allendale N.J.

Number is (201) 327-2555

Hope this helps

Woody

jonoslack

Both wonderful but sun baked is especially special.
:clap::clap::clap: