The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Those are terrific, f 1,0. They remind me of the freeze frame studies of Eadweard Muybridge.

Here are two more New Orleans cemetery photos. Used Silver Efex Pro to make them a little grittier than the others.
Nice. I really like this moody processing, David.

DavidE

Nice. I really like this moody processing, David.
Thanks, Lloyd. I'm amazed how much an image can change based on how you process it. Here's an image using the moody, center-vignetted processing I used on the two previous images, as well as two earlier versions of it with different processing. I'm still searching for the best way to handle this particular image.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

f 10

Thanks, Lloyd. I'm amazed how much an image can change based on how you process it. Here's an image using the moody, center-vignetted processing I used on the two previous images, as well as two earlier versions of it with different processing. I'm still searching for the best way to handle this particular image.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]
Hi DavidE,

i like the first, it´s so smooth and warm (for a b/w:ROTFL:).

Then i grab your photo and played a little bit.
What about this way?

Last edited:

gero

I liked the color version David (the sky and marbel go well). I wouldn't process all the same way.
grate pictures with the 75 F1.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Here are several shots from yesterday with the 21lux at the Wisconsin State Fair.

Kurt

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Hi Gero,

If I want to seriously think about purchasing a 21 or 24 lux, I need to stay away (for a long while) from all other high price tickets including the 50 cents to see Spider Girl. ;)

Kurt

DavidE

Hi DavidE,

i like the first, it´s so smooth and warm (for a b/w:ROTFL:).

Then i grab your photo and played a little bit.
What about this way?
That's the direction I wanted to take the b&w version -- a bit darker with more contrast. At the same time, when I did that, I was losing detail and texture.

Here's a revised version in that direction that seems to work well.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

Lloyd

That's the direction I wanted to take the b&w version -- a bit darker with more contrast. At the same time, when I did that, I was losing detail and texture.

Here's a revised version in that direction that seems to work well.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
I like this one, David. I like the cold, more high-key look for this subject.

DavidE

I like this one, David. I like the cold, more high-key look for this subject.
Yep, that was my favorite... until I did this one. It has a nice engraved look.

Think I'll stop now. With so many variables, you could spend days experimenting with a single image.

Lloyd

Yep, that was my favorite... until I did this one. It has a nice engraved look.

Think I'll stop now. With so many variables, you could spend days experimenting with a single image.

Ok... winner. Classic b/w. And only "days"? It's weeks, months, and years my friend. Trust me on that one.:salute:

gero

Hi Gero,

If I want to seriously think about purchasing a 21 or 24 lux, I need to stay away (for a long while) from all other high price tickets including the 50 cents to see Spider Girl. ;)

Kurt

chicken

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Gero, I used all of my spare change so that I could tour the Oddities Museum for a dollar ... more thrills under a single roof, a better value in these recessionary times.

f 10

M8 1,4/75

new car from a friend (Fiat 600 from 1966)

Last edited: