The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

S

sclamb

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

I was in the garden of my parents' house taking some pictures of the insects on the plants with my M9 and 75mm f/2.5 Summarit. In a couple I got lucky and a butterfly decided to take flight as I released the shutter, so I got two in-flight shots. Pure luck of course.

Each of these is between 1/8 and 1/12 of the full frame.

One of my girls :D

Yum :D

Simon

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Wow - #2 and #3 (flying butterflies) are absolutely amazing. Congrats!

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Some shots I took this morning at Santana Row in San Jose. I punched up the color and contrast in LR2 for fun effect...

The colors out of the M9 are fantastic, and there's plenty of lattitude in the files to push them around.

ZM 21 Biogon @ f4:

50 lux asph wide open:

50 lux asph wide open:

50 lux asph wide open:

28 cron wide open:

75 cron wide open:

75 cron wide open:

ZM 21 Biogon @ f5.6:

David K

Workshop Member

Another Bravo on the flying butterflies.

Mike great stuff with the new camera...

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Mike,

I'm guessing here, but I take it that this means that you're happy with the lenses on the M9 then? :thumbs:

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Absolutely Graham... the 50 lux asph that I got from you just absolutely sings on the M9 :)

Steve Fines

Fun butterflies!

Mike, while the M9 images look great I'm especially jealous of those 50 lux ones.

I can't believe my dealer is saying October 1st for delivery..... You guys got to the front of the line quicker than I did.

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

The photos from the M9 are wonderful. I love the butterflies and the colorful walls from Santana Row.

jonoslack

HI Simon
You make your own luck - those are great butterfly shots (nice to see someone else a summarit fan as well!)

Great colour Mike.

back to processing Crete Shots - at the risk of spoiling the fun later on, here's one with the WATE:

Lloyd

HI Simon
You make your own luck - those are great butterfly shots (nice to see someone else a summarit fan as well!)

Great colour Mike.

back to processing Crete Shots - at the risk of spoiling the fun later on, here's one with the WATE:
That's a beauty, Jono. Very nice.

viablex1

Some shots I took this morning at Santana Row in San Jose. I punched up the color and contrast in LR2 for fun effect...

The colors out of the M9 are fantastic, and there's plenty of lattitude in the files to push them around.

those are beautiful!!!:thumbs:

beamon

Thanks to all posting images in this thread. They're all well done; my resistance is reaching ever lower limits. Must hold out :banghead: for the sapphire LCD cover.

Jono, what is that white structure in Crete? Good job...the white wall in the forground isn't completely blown and the shadows in the lower right hold detail. Processed in what and what post was done? When and if you get a spare moment, that is. :)

Peter Klein

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

At a little girl's birthday party. Taken with the now obsolete and uncool M8, 35/1.4 Asph, sometimes bounce flash, sometimes not. Click on the thumbnails to see them big.
There are plenty of good pictures left in the M8.

Last edited:

Lloyd

At a little girl's birthday party. Taken with the now obsolete and uncool M8, 35/1.4 Asph, sometimes bounce flash, sometimes not. Click on the thumbnails to see them big.
There are plenty of good pictures left in the M8.
So sad that you're relegated to using such an archaic means of visual communication. :eek: Tragic, really.

Imagine what magic you could make with another means... say one with exactly the same sensor (albeit somewhat larger). :D

(Very nice stuff, actually... I mean, all things considered. ;)) (BTW, I'm sticking with that lowly M8 for a while, I think.)

Last edited:

jonoslack

Jono, what is that white structure in Crete? Good job...the white wall in the forground isn't completely blown and the shadows in the lower right hold detail. Processed in what and what post was done? When and if you get a spare moment, that is. :)
HI Roger
It's the church of St Stavros between Sfakia and Loutro.
Processed in Aperture, nothing especially done, it was carefully exposed for the white paint, but that's all.

It was around 9am, so before the biggest heat, but still pretty contrasty!

Resistance is useless incidentally (but I'd like a sapphire cover too!).

Bébèrt

Daughter checking the best before date on a steak.
Wide open 35mm and the M8.2

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

A few from an abandoned shopping mall down the road with the 35lux and CV50/1.1.

Kurt