The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

gogopix

Subscriber
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Is it just me, or is the M9 native output a bit more saturated than the M8?

Mike, great captures-nice perspective on the architectural ones.

The 28 cron is my favorite on the M8 as 'walk around' and was tempted by the 24. But with an M9 I get the FOV of a 24 on the M8 with the 28mm!

just saved half the cost of an M9

(love that gear rationatizaqtion, don't you? ;)

Victor

gogopix

Subscriber
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Or even Pink wheels:) Nice photo though.
I really like that little 35 summarit, but these wheels look too pink to me, I think it's something we'll all have to struggle with until Adobe and Apple release camera specific DNG conversion.
Actually they look 'red-orange' on my screen.

BTW, Jono, as a followup to a :deadhorse: issue (maybe not yet with the M9) IS the M9 a 'no filter' machine or not? Using filters would be a bit of a problem if there are no Leica in camera adjustments for it.

I am assuming it is good to go without.

BTW, I have several images from the DMR that show a slight 'magenta' so that isnt the issue. The issue is sharpness-there are many examples shown here that IR spill caused less than sharp pix without filters. Maybe more an interior issue (but in going back is hard to see whether unsharp shots are slightly OOF, motion blur or IR bleed)

All said, I have been pretty happy with M8 sans filter, but M9 promises a bit more than FF, so I will likely do it (think I'm on David's list-he said end October, but who knows- David, keep me posted...)

Victor

A

alexanderruas

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

I was at a wedding a few weeks ago and couldn't resist when I saw the sister of the bride in this great light. I used a 35mm Summicron ASPH.

she looks very flirtatious! you know that the sister of the bride at a wedding is always on the prowl for a new boyfriend/fiancee due to the sibling rivalry concerning marriage!
could have been a good thing - if both of you were available!!!

Lloyd

Took the long way (always my preference, but not always my option) to work this morning. Autumn has finally started, although not at its peak yet. The forecast for up here is for significant snow over the next couple of days. Should be gone in a week or less, but will be interesting for a while.

Snapshots taken with the 50 Cron and the 28 Cron.
View attachment 22771

View attachment 22767

View attachment 22768

View attachment 22766

View attachment 22770

View attachment 22769

Last edited:

otumay

21 Elmarit proved to be a good companion to M8 for street photography. This time my subject was ships and boats of all kinds. While watching, please imagine the cries of seagulls and a light breeze carrying the pleasing aroma of the sea:)
Best,
Osman

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Wonderful colors, Lloyd. It's amazing how quick you have to be this time of year to capture the colors ... they change on a daily basis. One good wind or rain storm and it's wait until next year.

Otumay, you always have the most interesting photos. I haven't been to your part of the world, but you provide such a nice window for those who haven't been there to get a marvelous glimpse into such a rich culture.

Kurt

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator

Lloyd, You are very lucky to have such beautiful scenery on your way to work. The last one is my favorite...but what is this talk of snow???

Osman, These are all interesting but the first is especially outstanding. I love the composition and your POV.

Kurt, You are putting that Nokton to good use. I especially like the photo of the gauges.