The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

scott kirkpatrick

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Here's some street photography where the Summilux at f/1.4 and f/2 and ISO 1250 was necessary to get any pictures at all. Yom Kippur in Israel for the not very religious is still the one day when no planes, trucks, or cars move in the skies or on the streets. The first evening of the holiday is the time when kids learn to ride their bikes, and parents gather for an informal block party (but without refreshments, of course). These are all shot with colorful sodium vapor illumination, processed in COne 4.8.3 with default noise corrections.

scott

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks Cindy. It's a much better lens than I expected ... it has its quirks, though. I believe I forgot to answer an earlier question ... yes, that is the 35lux ASPH. So have you ventured south yet this year ... the temperatures starting to drop.

Looks good, Scott.

Lloyd

21 Elmarit proved to be a good companion to M8 for street photography. This time my subject was ships and boats of all kinds. While watching, please imagine the cries of seagulls and a light breeze carrying the pleasing aroma of the sea:)
Best,
Osman
All great shots, Osman, but this first one... amazing.

otumay

Kurt, Cindy and Lloyd, I'm so glad you liked the photos. The first one shows a naval school ship visiting our port. I don't know her nationality.

Lloyd

Very dreary day around here... lots of rain, and significant snow up a little higher. Stuck working, but took a couple of shots with the CV 90/3.5 (cause that's what I had with me :)). One sample, wide open:

Lloyd

Hmm... just told my image from my earlier post may be MIA. Here it is as an attachment. (Sorry if it's redundant... or boring... or both.)

CV 90/3.5, wide open.

View attachment 22863

Last edited:

Lloyd

On the contrary, it has a subtle beauty. Your use of limited contrast yields a poetic result. Out pops my 90 'cron from its cage to accompany me during the weekend...
Best,
Osman
Thank you, Osman. I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Lloyd

Out walking before work again this morning. Colors just starting to change here (although these would make you think it's general, these were just a couple of trees that had changed, while most still have not). Couldn't resist the light on the water in the background.

CV 90/3.5 APO Lanthar @ 5.6 in both shots:

Corlan F.

Subscriber Member

Out walking before work again this morning. Colors just starting to change here (although these would make you think it's general, these were just a couple of trees that had changed, while most still have not). Couldn't resist the light on the water in the background.

CV 90/3.5 APO Lanthar @ 5.6 in both shots:

An epitome of Autumn... perfect.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

I found that my M9 was front-focusing with most of my lenses, so I sent it in to DAG for an adjustment. I just got it back this morning, and Don did a great job on it.

Took the 50 lux asph out for a walk-around late this afternoon. The more I use this lens, the more I love it. I could shoot for days with just this one lens.

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Lovely light Mike and beautiful captures. Do you like the 50 Asph more than you liked the pre-Asph?

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

For the type of shots I showed above, yes I like the Asph version better. For portraits, I prefer the pre-asph. The 50 lux pre-asph was a perfect lens on the M8, at an equiv 65mm focal length, it served as a great portrait lens.

Now on the M9, the 50 lux pre-asph has to find a new purpose to serve, as it's a bit wide for portraits. It can do group portrait shots, and can also do some nice artistic shots with the leica glow and soft backgrounds.

By the way, I just picked up another pre-asph 50 lux, so I'll have both versions of the 50 lux. They are both such excellent lenses, and each suited to their own situations, so I decided to keep both of them :)