The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Arne Hvaring

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

First of all, sorry for the late response to those who have commented (much appreciated!) on my recent posts; I've been traveling lately.

Lloyd, cindy, Outmay, gero, Stuart: excellent images that make me want to pick up my M8 and go out and photograph.

Here are two modest attempt at humorous photography. A difficult subject, already the ancient Greeks realized that it is much easier to make people cry than laugh...

Last edited:

Arne Hvaring

A few more from France.
Last one is Trondheim, Norway.

Last edited:

Lloyd

First of all, sorry for the late response to those who have commented (much appreciated!) on my recent posts; I've been traveling lately.

Lloyd, cindy, Outmay, gero, Stuart: excellent images that make me want to pick up my M8 and go out and photograph.

Here are two modest attempt at humorous photography. A difficult subject, already the ancient Greeks realized that it is much easier to make people cry than laugh...
Those are great, Arne!! I especially got a chuckle out of the first one.

jonoslack

Cam - splendid, really great
Arne - love those, especially the dog

My lovely black M8 went to a new owner today (Braeside). I'm feeling kind of mournful about it's going, but it wasn't going to get used a great deal, and it's gone to the best possible home.

Here are a couple of the last shots I took with it:

Lloyd

Cam - splendid, really great
Arne - love those, especially the dog

My lovely black M8 went to a new home today (Braeside). I'm feeling kind of mournful about it's going, but it wasn't going to get used a great deal, and it's gone to the best possible home.

Here are a couple of the last shots before going to it's new home:
Magic, Jono. I particularly like that second one. Which len(s) were you using so expertly here?

jonoslack

Here's an oddity . . . it's a panorama taken with the WATE - it's about 300 degrees, simply stitched in CS3

otumay

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

One of the very best shots with M9 I've seen up to now.
Osman

Daniel

Very nice!! I like the touches of color in the clouds in that first one, and the next to last is a winner!
Thank you. The colors were already on the clouds, but I tweaked them a bit more to make the colors stand out some more.

Here's one for the urban scape :)

View attachment 23237
"Welcome, I've been expecting you. Please, have a sit!"
Elmarit 2.8/28 at f5.6

Last edited:
L

luxferous

M8 with Rollei 40mm 2.8 at f4 or f5.6. A lucky shot, wasn't tack sharp viewed 100%, but I like it nonetheless.

Lloyd

M8 with Rollei 40mm 2.8 at f4 or f5.6. A lucky shot, wasn't tack sharp viewed 100%, but I like it nonetheless.
Sharpness is one thing... but "the moment" is much more important. Nicely captured.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

The thread that keeps on giving...

Great stuff over the last few posts!

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

That feline is pretty famous by now:). Has he/she got an agent yet ?:D
Ha ha...I know. I got MY M9 yesterday and its been storming non stop so I am stuck in the house. I had to test the camera :)

This cat has it made now! Just a month ago she was on the street eating garbage and now look at her. Sleeping on my travel bag in a nice warm house. As I am writing this she is next to me on my couch laying on a nice down comforter.

I should be able to shoot this M9 next week and spend much more time with it. I am finding the 50 Lux to be fantastic as well as the 90 cron though it has some focus issues at F2 and up close.

Arne Hvaring

LLoyd, jono; many thanks for the kind words!
Jono, your last B&W image shows why I rather like the cropped sensor M8; the shorter focal length required to capture a given scene gives a greater DOF, much needed in a shot like this and hard to achieve with a FF camera (well, a tilt/shift lens would easily do it, but then we're talking DSLRs). Very nice pano too!

A few more shots with the 15mm CV.

Last edited: