The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

stevem8

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Woody,

I use a 50 Pre ASPH and have no issues on the M9, at all. Its even 6 bit coded.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Great stuff Steve - especially that last 75 Summarit shot of the barn. I really like that one.

Yes, the 50 lux is a sweet lens for sure :)

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike

Tell me Mike, did you have any issues with your 50 Lux pre-asph on the M9? There are a number of rumors on the net fora that depending on when it was made there may be a number of modifications to it that allows it to be M9 compatible. I know you sold yours but if you had any issues it would be helpful to a number of us

Thanks in advance

Woody
Woody, I sold my E46 pre-asph 50 lux, but recently bought an E43 version (clip-on hood, and not 6-bit coded). It has the same optical formula as the latest E46 version, but a minimum focusing distance of 1M (the E4 version will focus down to .7M).

I have seen no issues with the pre-asph lux on the M9. I haven't seen the threads you're referring too, so if there is something specific I should be looking for, let me know. But it seems to be working just fine, and producing that wonderful leica glow at f1.4.

Incidentally, my pre-asph 50 lux is for sale on the buy/sell forum. The main reason is that it's just not long enough to be a portrait lens on the M9 (it served that purpose for me on the M8). So I've picked up an older 90 Elmarit, which serves now as my M9 portrait lens.

Mike

mwalker

Subscriber Member

Mike loving the color and the 50 Lux...I hate looking at these.. waiting...waiting..waiting...

S

sclamb

A couple from the past few weeks.

Simon

stevem8

Thanks Mike. Yea, I was impressed with the color in that shot. Different than the M8 for sure, but I like it.

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Great colors. Love the trees, leaves, and road. But I'd get rid of the twin garbage cans :)