The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Reynolds

Workshop Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

David:

Wonderful images of Seattle with your M9. Can't wait to get mine. I only had an M8 when I was in Seattle last month. It's gone now and I just have my trusty D-Lux 4 while I wait for my new M9 which is coming any day now...right? Here's a reminder of the Pike Place flowers...an M9 would really do them justice, huh, David? Boy, can't wait, like I said. How's that for pressure, David? LOL

Please note the official "Mike Hatam" frame. So, what do you think of me now?

m_driscoll

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

A few more from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Thanks for any C & C. Cheers.

1. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/1500s; ISO 160

2. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/6000s; ISO 160

3. M8; 90mm f/2; 1/90s; ISO 160

4. M8; 90mm f/2; 1/45s; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

A few more from Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Thanks for any C & C. Cheers.

1. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/1500s; ISO 160

2. M8; 21mm f/2.8; 1/6000s; ISO 160
All very nice. I particularly like these two. Good detail, but clean enough to hold interest on the main subject. Good work.

stevem8

Was driving down a 2 lane highway today doing 50-60MPH. Saw this scene out of my window, raised my M9 and 35 Cron set to infinity and shot. Cropped about 1.4 inch from the top and bottom as I had to fix the crooked horizon.

I was so shocked to see this quality because of the speed I was driving. In any case, I took about 10 other images out of my window with the same result, but liked this one the best.

I already had someone say I was full of BS so next time I will have my son video me shooting out of my window with my iphone as proof! Ha ha...

Gotta love the 35 cron.

Steve

Lloyd

Was driving down a 2 lane highway today doing 50-60MPH. Saw this scene out of my window, raised my M9 and 35 Cron set to infinity and shot. Cropped about 1.4 inch from the top and bottom as I had to fix the crooked horizon.

I was so shocked to see this quality because of the speed I was driving. In any case, I took about 10 other images out of my window with the same result, but liked this one the best.

I already had someone say I was full of BS so next time I will have my son video me shooting out of my window with my iphone as proof! Ha ha...

Gotta love the 35 cron.

Steve
Pretty impressive, Steve. Just out of curiosity, did you Tone Map that shot? The clouds have a little of that HDR or Tone Mapped look?

stevem8

Pretty impressive, Steve. Just out of curiosity, did you Tone Map that shot? The clouds have a little of that HDR or Tone Mapped look?
Thanks Lloyd,
To bring out the clouds I used the Shadow/Highlight feature in CS3.

Steve

jonoslack

Thanks Lloyd,
To bring out the clouds I used the Shadow/Highlight feature in CS3.

Steve
HI Steve - lovely shot . . . but whether you should be shooting when driving is a moot point :p

However - it seems to me that the shadow / highlight on the clouds has affected the top of the trees, with dark edges around the outside leaves. Perhaps I only notice this because sometimes I'm guilty of it too:ROTFL:

It doesn't much matter at web size, but I guess you'd have to use a different strategy for printing.

Love the last of the halloween shots :thumbup:

stevem8

HI Steve - lovely shot . . . but whether you should be shooting when driving is a moot point :p

However - it seems to me that the shadow / highlight on the clouds has affected the top of the trees, with dark edges around the outside leaves. Perhaps I only notice this because sometimes I'm guilty of it too:ROTFL:

It doesn't much matter at web size, but I guess you'd have to use a different strategy for printing.

Love the last of the halloween shots :thumbup:
Thanks Jono!

Yea, I see what you mean on the trees. Sometimes, I go way overboard in my PP and I always tell myself to tone it down, and I don't! if I were to ever print this, I would take a different, less dramatic route. I must say though, you are the KING of the CLOUDS!

Steve

jonoslack

Thanks Jono!

Yea, I see what you mean on the trees. Sometimes, I go way overboard in my PP and I always tell myself to tone it down, and I don't! if I were to ever print this, I would take a different, less dramatic route. I must say though, you are the KING of the CLOUDS!

Steve
Well, of course, I never do any PP at all, our clouds are just ......like ......that . . . . . . . :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Hi Drama always works - even with people who say the don't like it (just like over-saturation).

I must say, for this kind of stuff, I've found Vivezza to be very effective, and a little more subtle that CS

stevem8

I am going to have to break down and give Vivezza a try. Lots of great feedback I am hearing. Thanks again!

Steve

stevem8

Thanks guys! One more from today...35 Cron, F2. This lens is glued to my M9 right now.

stevem8

Thanks guys. BTW, its the 35 cron ASPH, latest version.

Last edited:

fotografz

A couple of "available darkness" pics from this weekend's wedding. A 1880s building in a small Michigan town, with a storage room above the reception area lit by 2 dim lights on extension cords.

M9 @ ISO 800. Wider shot with "exit" sign done with a 28/2 ASPH @ f/2, others all done with a 50/0.95 @ f/0.95.

-Marc