The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Woody,

That is very flattering and generous of you. I've never seen or read LFI, so I don't know what kind of stuff they usually publish. I'm not sure if my images would meet the criteria (quality or otherwise), but it's nice of you to suggest.

Mike
I have no doubt they would, Mike. Your stuff is lightyears better than some of what is published there.

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Peter, cmb_, thank you both. She's very happy about her day, and I'm happy (and lucky) she still puts up with me. ;)

T

tonyroth

Mike -- thanks for all of that great information! I really appreciate it, thanks so much! Best, tony.

Lloyd

Just a little nostalgia for me. Certainly nothing special about the place or shot. The entrance to 130 West 42nd Street is a little to my left as I shoot this, in the tall building with the vertical stripes. Pretty much right across 42nd from the Conde Nast building. But just to the back and right of the area in color, is were my office was located. It actually faced 41st Street. Seems like ages ago, and the neighborhood has certainly cleaned up... I left in the early 90s, haven't been back since 2000. Time flies.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Splosh
M9 1600 ISO 1/500th shot as jpg (by mistake)
Zeiss 25 biogon.

I set the shutter and Aperture, and used auto ISO - it's a good way of setting up the camera if you're trying to shoot action (I threw the stick too!).

Brian Mosley

I set the shutter and Aperture, and used auto ISO - it's a good way of setting up the camera if you're trying to shoot action (I threw the stick too!).
Great stuff Jono, I do this with the E-P1 + 20mm f1.7... works great! :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Mike

I don't know how to make this happen but your M9 images should be shown in LFI magazine. I haven't seen a single M9 image as good as those you shot in Oregon. JMHO

Woody
I guess going on our workshops is the key here. LOL

Could not resist. :D

Brian Mosley

Mike. those last couple of posts were sublime... best I've seen from you yet!

Well Done, and thanks for sharing. I am impressed!

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor

Keep coming Mike we love ya. But seriously Mike has a terrific eye and the M9 is his sweet spot with gear.

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

One has to be on-guard as you never know what lurks in the shadows. M9 and 75lux.

DavidE

Over Ground Zero today.

CV 15 Superwide. (Didn't have a UV/IR filter, so I got some magenta vignetting).

Wow, that is an amazing photo, Lloyd.

I especially like how the clouds are reflected on the tallest building. Wish I could get the clouds to line up that way.

Lloyd

Wow, that is an amazing photo, Lloyd.

I especially like how the clouds are reflected on the tallest building. Wish I could get the clouds to line up that way.
Thanks, David. And whileI do have amazing control over nature... ;), this was pure serendipity, I'm afraid. "F8, and be there."