The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

DavidE: Great shots with the 18mm. Are these cropped at all? I've been looking at this lens every time I go into my Leica dealer. The only problem to me was the f/3.5; but, you've shown with your wonderful photos that it clearly shouldn't be a deciding factor. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thanks, Matt.

The first 18mm shot (of the wedding party in Central Park) is cropped, and only because I was hesitant to intrude, so I couldn't get as close as I would have liked. The 18mm is so sharp, you can easily crop the images. I don't do that -- but that's just the way I prefer to shoot. When I crop an image, I inevitably come back later and decide the original framing was best. Not sure why, since at the time, it seemed as though I was just getting whatever shot I could.

I sometimes push the 18mm images a stop or so in processing, which helps in marginal light situations. The RAW images hold up very well to processing.

Terry

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Woody,
That was a favorite from the blog...

rest of the week???

f1point0

Thanks Lloyd. Here's another shot ... I'm thinking that an appropriate title might be: Invasion!

Kurt
V...

Great shot. Looking forward to using the 75 lux on my M9...arriving TOMORROW!!! Pre-ordered in Sept.

T

thinkfloyd

Love the Times Square shots DavidE! I miss NYC (my fave city in the world!!!)... too bad I'm an 18 hour flight away... last time I was there, we stayed at the Marriot in Times Square so your shots bring back a gush of memories :)

Lloyd

V...

Great shot. Looking forward to using the 75 lux on my M9...arriving TOMORROW!!! Pre-ordered in Sept.
Not a bad wait, really. Our rep has received a total of 6 M9s for her entire area.

ampguy

Here are some b/w images from a haunted house taken a couple of days ago. Lens was a late pre-asph lux 35, all images @ 1.4, ISO 2500.

Lloyd

Here are some b/w images from a haunted house taken a couple of days ago. Lens was a late pre-asph lux 35, all images @ 1.4, ISO 2500.
Very nice stuff, Ted. And impressive at ISO 2500, for sure. 22, 75 and 77 were my favs. Thanks for sharing.

f1point0

BTW, some of the best M9 photos that I've seen anywhere on the interweb :)

Really makes me look forward to shooting with my M9...

jonoslack

Love the dancers Woody.

Here are a couple of landscapes from the weekend - both with the WATE

ampguy

Thanks Lloyd, I like image # 22 a lot as well and posted that one on my blog. Someday one of those ultra fast wide 'luxes would be fun to use, but the old 35 still does ok for many dark b/w shots.

Very nice stuff, Ted. And impressive at ISO 2500, for sure. 22, 75 and 77 were my favs. Thanks for sharing.