The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

otumay

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Mighty fine, Otumay. You made the best of an overcast day. Looks like a lovely place to spend an afternoon.
Thank you, David. You have made very good use of one of my favorite lenses, the 18mm Super-Elmar.

Osman

Bébèrt

Just driving home last evening, and the M8 " lying "around in the car. No moon to be seen so...

mwalker

Subscriber Member
Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Lloyd I like one and four...you want to share or sell your actions?

stevem8

WATE?!
Steve . . .you been spending money?
I must say, I love the WATE on the M9
Ha ha..I wish! No, Leica sent me this to check out for two weeks and then I will sadly have to return it. I would love to own it though. Maybe one day.

Steve

m_driscoll

An overcast afternoon in Besiktas, Istanbul.
M8 + Summicron 75.
Cheers,
Osman

Fortune-teller approaching prospective clients
These are really great. I, also, like the in-focus ferry and the OOF foreground in the first photo. What the heck is that pink stuff in the second photo? Are they pillows, or, cotton candy? do you have cotton candy in Istanbul? Good capture. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Thank you, Matt. Yes, there are cotton candy vendors here, carrying their merchandise tied to a stick they bear like a spear.
Here is a b/w jpeg from M8 and Summicron 75mm. I like out of camera b/w jpegs a lot.
Best,
Osman

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

wow WOODY
LOVE That last Citiscape shop...TRES COOOOL
Thanks Helen. Two stops plus and minus exposure bracketing and combined in Photomatix Pro. Handheld - Photomatix does a good job of aligning layers. I generally don't do HDR - I don't care for flattened out look that most people end up with, but I use the non-HDR "photo fusion" feature in photomatix and then use a curves or levels layer in Photoshop to make the image less HDR looking.

DavidE

Three more from Times Square.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Brian Mosley

Woody, I'll add my congratulations for your Boston cityscape capture - beautiful colour!

Thanks for sharing, great blog too :thumbs:

Cheers

Brian

Lloyd

Thank you, Matt. Yes, there are cotton candy vendors here, carrying their merchandise tied to a stick they bear like a spear.
Here is a b/w jpeg from M8 and Summicron 75mm. I like out of camera b/w jpegs a lot.
Best,
Osman
I've been quite pleased with the in-camera b/w most of the time as well. (Doesn't hurt to have nice subjects to shoot either. ;))

stevem8

Ok guys, 3 more from the WATE. Been shooting this lens all day and I have some images (not these three) that had me looking around the house for stuff to sell to fund one. No luck, but this is one heck of a wide angle.

I am thrilled with the M9 and have become pretty attached to it. I am also excited as next week I am getting a Noctilux F1 and the week after a Noctilux .95 (to test, not to keep).

Should be fun!

woodyspedden

Bebert, thanks for the photos. Very beautiful photos.

I used to have the CV15mm, and had lots of color changes on the sides and corners. (M8) I had no oppurtunity of coding it, so I had to sell. You seem to be more lucky.

On the contrary, I still have my CV12mm, and even without coding, it gives much less problems. Here is a sample from Rome, Spanish steps: (no corrections applied incl. for vignetting. But of course it's taken with an M8 not FF M9)

I always wonder why the wider lens has less problems for me.

Seyhun
Hey Seyhun

I really like the image of Scalinatta de Espana, but the distortion from the 12mm lens is really pretty bad.

i think it may be due to how level the camera was when shooting. Was this shot handheld? My guess is that you were somewhere near the top of the steps with the camera pointing down which is death for superwide shots.

Love to see this image with a levelled camera on a tripod. Great composition though

Best

Woody