The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Outtake from my daily blog. The Washington CT. Congregational meeting house. Taken with a 135 f3.4 APO on an M9 (thanks to Mike Hatam for the lens!). The Warren meeting house on the blog is a four image stitch with the 135.

View attachment 25140
Great result. And best appreciated in the large version. The bare branches of the trees create a lace-like effect only really visible in the large version. Impressive work with the 135, which I very much like, but have a difficult time focusing with consistency.

stevem8

Just put up my WATE review on my site..here are a few of the images. This is a very fun lens to use but I am still getting use to how wide 16mm is on FF!

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Thanks Lloyd and Steve. That Zeiss 50mm certainly looks interesting.

Love the shots with the WATE, Steve. That venue certainly looks like it would be a great place for a natural light model shoot. I'm jealous that you'll soon be sporting another copy of the Noctilux (and doing a comparison with the new version).

stevem8

Love that shot Steve
How many of the Zeiss lenses do you have?
all the best
Hey Jono,

Zeiss sent me the 28 2.8, 35 2.8, 50 F2 and 85F4. The best of the bunch is the 50 Planar, followed by the 3 2.8. Im not really liking the 28 2.8 as it seems to vignette quite a bit and for some reason always underexposes on my M9. I have not even really touched the 85 yet.

But yea, the 50 Planar is very nice. Not built nearly as well as the Leica cron or Lux but I love its look. So far...

stevem8

Thanks Lloyd and Steve. That Zeiss 50mm certainly looks interesting.

Love the shots with the WATE, Steve. That venue certainly looks like it would be a great place for a natural light model shoot. I'm jealous that you'll soon be sporting another copy of the Noctilux (and doing a comparison with the new version).
Thanks Kurt. I wish I had a model to shoot in that building but it is not really safe with all of the black mold everywhere. I cant wait to compare the Nocts. BTW, I am jealous of your 75 lux! The one lens I have always lusted after but never owned or even tried!

Steve

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Steve, after you have your Noctilux for a few weeks, we could put together some sort of an exchange program.

By the way, aren't you in the Chicago area? If so, I'm just north of Milwaukee so we could always meet some time and do some shooting.

Kurt

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Ode to Jono...

Sunrise on a goat ranch near Weaverville, California.

jlm

Workshop Member

mike: nice ones, makes we wish i were in your passenger seat again!

cmb_

Subscriber & Workshop Member

Mike - Very nice series and you are doing a great job in the processing of the M9 files because they really look splendid.

Jaap - A wonderful photograph! You are to be congratulated.

jonoslack

Mike
Those are great . . and I'm honoured . . . I must think of a return . . . but we live in a small place, and there's so much space there!!!

Jaap - that's wonderful. really lovely.

I had an interesting thing today - I've succumbed to facebook, so's I can keep contact with a son in the far east. A suggested friend had a picture from her wedding this summer of feet as her avatar . . I looked at it and thought 'dammit, that official photographer had his wits about him'. Later I was browsing through my wedding shots (taken with a very exciting M9 with firmware 0.015) and I realised that I'd taken the shot after all.

here it is:

stevem8

Mike
Those are great . . and I'm honoured . . . I must think of a return . . . but we live in a small place, and there's so much space there!!!

Jaap - that's wonderful. really lovely.

I had an interesting thing today - I've succumbed to facebook, so's I can keep contact with a son in the far east. A suggested friend had a picture from her wedding this summer of feet as her avatar . . I looked at it and thought 'dammit, that official photographer had his wits about him'. Later I was browsing through my wedding shots (taken with a very exciting M9 with firmware 0.015) and I realised that I'd taken the shot after all.

here it is:

LOVE this image!