The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Mike
Those are great . . and I'm honoured . . . I must think of a return . . . but we live in a small place, and there's so much space there!!!

Jaap - that's wonderful. really lovely.

I had an interesting thing today - I've succumbed to facebook, so's I can keep contact with a son in the far east. A suggested friend had a picture from her wedding this summer of feet as her avatar . . I looked at it and thought 'dammit, that official photographer had his wits about him'. Later I was browsing through my wedding shots (taken with a very exciting M9 with firmware 0.015) and I realised that I'd taken the shot after all.

here it is:
Terrific image, Jono.

Ironically, I had a similar reason for finally getting on Facebook. My son was on assignment in Mexico, and posting images on his Facebook gallery. I joined for the sole purpose of following his progress.

mwalker

Subscriber Member

Jono I like that shot....I got my M9 I'm going to try to shoot some this weekend. My son doesn't want me on his facebook.

Sounding like my dad I said....are ya smoking pot on there :D

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member

Steve, to my eye, having used both the Noctilux and Nokton, you can definitely the difference in how the lenses render. The Nokton jumps in and out of focus too quickly compared to the Noctilux ... you can really see how smooth the Noctilux is in these images.

For those who like very sharp images and aren't persnickety about their bokeh, the Nokton is a great lens ... and a great bargain. Me, I can't wait to get another noctilux.

Thanks for sharing these great images, Steve. And, nice job on the review on your site.

Kurt

Stuart Richardson

Very nice Nick! I particularly like the black and white.

Mike -- that is a really nice, subtle portrait. I really like the balance of colors as well...

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Great work Nick, and congrats on the new M9. I like both series, but especially like the B&W shots.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member

Mike - All terrific images - your work gets better and better as you push yourself to shoot more.