The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Nick_Yoon

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M9 Images

Thanks for the comments. Here are some samples from a 60's Summaron 35/2.8:

Lloyd

Thanks for the comments. Here are some samples from a 60's Summaron 35/2.8:
Good stuff Nick. I've been very pleased with the performance of many of the older Leica lenses on the M8. My 1946 5 cm Summitar f2 being a particular favorite. I look forward to more of your impressive work.

f1point0

Ode to Jono...

Sunrise on a goat ranch near Weaverville, California.

Mike, amazing stuff and stellar processing. I know these are web images, but the rendering of the trees remind me of medium/large format shot with chrome.

m_driscoll

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Still waiting for an M9. This is an old motel that was made into a work of art just before it was demolished. The first photo is two shots combined in Photoshop (I should go back and clean the spots showing from the dirty sensor!). Cheers.

1. M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/4s; ISO 160

2. M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/125s; ISO 160

3. M8; 35mm f/1.4; 1/8s; ISO 160

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Re: The All New More and More Fun w/M8 Images

Still waiting for an M9. This is an old motel that was made into a work of art just before it was demolished. The first photo is two shots combined in Photoshop (I should go back and clean the spots showing from the dirty sensor!). Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Great stuff. I particularly like that first one.

We had a building like that here, but it was demolished last spring. Too bad really. It had become something of an icon, and a favorite backdrop for local photographers.

jonoslack

Mike - lovely shot of your daughter, it always confuses me that you look quite alike . . . and yet she's really pretty :ROTFL:

Nick - lots of lovely shots - especlailly like the black and white shots.

We went to the coast in the pouring rain today with the dogs. An hour on the beach was enough, so we went to the pub and eat too much instead!

This will give you some idea or the weather:

(75 'cron)

(28 'cron)

Blue liked it though:

(75 'cron)

(75 'cron)

Jim, however, preferred it in the pub!

75 'cron

Mike Hatam

Senior Subscriber Member

Mike - lovely shot of your daughter, it always confuses me that you look quite alike . . . and yet she's really pretty :ROTFL:

Fortunately, she got her looks from her mother :ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Great shots of the beach, and I love the shot of Jim in the pub.

jonoslack

Thanks Mike
Here's another - it was very strange weather!

35 summarit (what a sweet little lens)

Nick_Yoon

Attended an artist's talk with the great Mexican photographer Graciela Iturbide at the Fotomuseum in Winterthur, Switzerland. Some shots with the E43 Summilux 50: