The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

otumay

An abandoned coal gas plant in Istanbul, founded around 1880's, now serving as a dump yard for the out-of-service city buses. Stray dogs, overcast and chilly weather providing an eerie ambiance. M8 and the Tri-Elmars. B/W jpegs direct from camera.
Best,
Osman

Lloyd

An abandoned coal gas plant in Istanbul, founded around 1880's, now serving as a dump yard for the out-of-service city buses. Stray dogs, overcast and chilly weather providing an eerie ambiance. M8 and the Tri-Elmars. B/W jpegs direct from camera.
Best,
Osman
Very interesting subject, Osman. And I agree with Mike, very nice b/w, particularly for straight out of the camera.

DavidE

Another one from the weekend. M9 with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

otumay

Thank you Mike, Lloyd. I always shoot DNG + bw jpeg and am quite satisfied with the results. David, brilliant capture of a very intimate moment.
Best,
Osman

TRSmith

Subscriber Member
Wonderful shots here!

While out cutting my Christmas tree, I noticed this old cemetery nearby. Not many visitors come any more, I think. M8 and 28 cron.

Lloyd

Wonderful shots here!

While out cutting my Christmas tree, I noticed this old cemetery nearby. Not many visitors come any more, I think. M8 and 28 cron.
Very nice Tim. I've long been a fan of your M8 and 28 Cron work. It shows why that's such a wonderful combination.

Lloyd

Another one from the weekend. M9 with the 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]
Beautiful shot and moment, David.

(If that were a doghouse, I'd ask if it was a self-portrait... I mean you've spent some serious bank lately, and I know we're I'd be bunking if it had been me!):D

m_driscoll

Best,
Osman
Osman: Very nice images. I especially like the 1st and 2nd.

Lloyd: Thanks. Although, I heard Chelsea was in NY?

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

otumay

Thank you, Matt, I'm glad you liked them.
xpixel, very good results from a very good lens; I miss it.
Best,
Osman

DavidE

Beautiful shot and moment, David.

(If that were a doghouse, I'd ask if it was a self-portrait... I mean you've spent some serious bank lately, and I know we're I'd be bunking if it had been me!):D
Thanks, Osman and Lloyd. Was in the right place at the right time -- with the right camera and lens.

I guess the trick to avoiding the doghouse was to first mention the price of a new Noctilux. Then everything else seemed inexpensive, relatively speaking.:) And she really liked my photo of the flower with the black background (we're placing a print of it on one of our walls). That helped a lot. Of course, whatever the price is, you have to double it. If we're going to finance my non-essentials, we have to do same for her non-essentials. That's only fair. Looks like macaroni and cheese (or healthy equivalent) far into the future.

M9 with 24 lux

Last edited:

Lloyd

Thanks, Osman and Lloyd. Was in the right place at the right time -- with the right camera and lens.

I guess the trick to avoiding the doghouse was to first mention the price of a new Noctilux. Then everything else seemed inexpensive, relatively speaking.:) And she really liked my photo of the flower with the black background (we're placing a print of it on one of our walls). That helped a lot. Of course, whatever the price is, you have to double it. If we're going to finance my non-essentials, we have to do same for her non-essentials. That's only fair. Looks like macaroni and cheese (or healthy equivalent) far into the future.

M9 with 24 lux

I know what you mean, David. Believe me (even if I do seriously need to proof read my posts once in a while :eek:).

BTW, this is a beauty... my fav of this whole series. :salute: