The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

jlm

Workshop Member
grand daughters; (the older one is also shown in post 8)

also my youngest son, celebrating the 1920's with a charming friend

leif e

Advice?

I´m going to print one of these to for the stairway wall, but have trouble deciding. Opinions?
leif e

jklotz

Hi Leif - cute pup. 1st shot seems a little more balanced to me. Plus I like how the clouds behind make a little "halo" around his head.

jonoslack

HI Leif
Well, I'm going to disagree with the others. If you want a picture of your dog, then you should pick the heroic view (if it wasn't a hero, you wouldn't want a picture in the hall, right?).
So it's the second one - lovely shot (you'll have to clone out the lead though - heroic dogs don't need leads :toocool:)

jonoslack

This is somewhat of a personal triumph.
I've been taking rubbish pictures of this tree for the last 20 years, the tree is wonderful, but I don't seem to be up to the task. However, for me at least, this shot just about makes it.

Taken with the M9, Mate at 35mm

Leica 77

I've been taking rubbish pictures of this tree for the last 20 years, the tree is wonderful, but I don't seem to be up to the task. However, for me at least, this shot just about makes it.

Hi Jono,
Congratulations on your triumph! It seems like an old tree that has weathered over many years, including the snow this winter. Your image is stunning, as always! Best regards.

Lloyd

Hi Jono,
Congratulations on your triumph! It seems like an old tree that has weathered over many years, including the snow this winter. Your image is stunning, as always! Best regards.
That is a great shot. That tree has a lot of character, and with the snow it's especially impressive. Nicely done Jono. +1 :thumbup:

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
So many wonderful photos.
Matt, I love all of your work from the market.
Kurt, Nice to see Wisconsin in the winter!:ROTFL:
John, Your grandkids are darling and your son looks very elegant.
Leif, #1 does it for me. I like the extra head space.
F1.0. You are causing Nocti-lust.
Jono, Love Emma's stole. The tree is very nice, too.
Jaap, The photo of the boy is just flat-out excellent!

Solitary song under the London Bridge (Lake Havasu City, AZ).
M8 and 35 Summicron f/2

Lloyd

grand daughters; (the older one is also shown in post 8)

also my youngest son, celebrating the 1920's with a charming friend
Beautiful grandkids, John. (Isn't grandparenthood the best?!)

Very handsome, Gatsbyesque son. :thumbup:

Lloyd

So many great shots!:)

From Norway we have not much to report except -22C and the sun for a few hours a day. Winter, that is.:D
M8 & CV 4/25
Ok, -22C is cold! That is a really beautifully composed shot, Leif. I love the shadow as well.

m_driscoll

Jono: Nice shot. The snow seems to integrate the tree into the landscape. Otherwise, it'd probably be too much the focus of the photo. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

Lloyd

Here's how to keep your neck warm in this chilly weather:
M9
90mm elmarit at f2.8 (lovely lens).
2500 ISO incidentally!
Now that's a good idea. Trouble is, we don't have a cat, and the darn dogs won't hold still. :eek:

Nice image, and yes, it is a lovely lens... well, here it's pointed at a lovely subject, at least, eh?:thumbup: