The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Ice Breaker

M9 and 35lux.

Kurt
"Ice breaker", eh? I always used to try to break the ice with something inane like, "do you come here often?". or just offer to buy a drink. Never thought about trying a boat or a bridge. :D

(Nice shot, btw... looks very cold there!)

leif e

Thanks all for wise comments and sound advice! :)

About the hero/lead part. The point is; he regards himself a hero as well - especially in the mountains around all those sheep. If he didn´t have that lead, they´d all be skinny and worn out from his heroic guidance (herding).:D

leif e

jonoslack

John - your grandchildren are beautiful.
F1 - what a great shot of the oyster salesman.
Here is another snowy shot:

again with the MATE at 28mm.

jonoslack

About the hero/lead part. The point is; he regards himself a hero as well - especially in the mountains around all those sheep. If he didn´t have that lead, they´d all be skinny and worn out from his heroic guidance (herding).:D

leif e
Tell me about dogs and sheep - But I wasn't suggesting for a second that you shouldn't use a lead . . . . just that it shouldn't be in a heroic photo . . . a bit like having a fence in the background in the Monarch of the Glens!

leif e

Jono - those winter shots are great. That old tree is teffific. I also have a couple I´ve tried to capture for a long time without succeeding. They just stand there looking good.

I did get your point about the lead - it´s not very heroic. :)

jonoslack

Thanks Jono, here is another picture and you can see his harvest field
Wonderful bloke - don't fancy harvesting in that mud, weather looks pretty dreek as well!

Here's one of the church in our local town . . as it is not often seen!

M9 MATE at 28mm

tom in mpls

I find the very dark sky on the B&W looks too artificial; it reminds me of IR pics of which I am not a big fan. Then again, it looks like a night shot by moonlight with a full moon. BTW, around here (Minnesota) a snowbound church is normal.:D

shtarka1

Jaap....Just Amazing!!
Leif,Simple,Elegant winter shot! 1st Doggy shot for me!
Jono,Neckwarmer...Splendid! Love the character in that special tree! B&W church shot for me.
Kurt,i can feel the bonechill from the boat image! Excellent IQ!
Cindy..Brilliant! Love It!:)

dfarkas

Workshop Member
Maybe it out to be in black and white?
Jono,

Actually, I prefer the B&W version. It has some serious punch and just really works for me.

Keep in mind, I shoot almost 100% color and process almost 100% color... so for me to like the B&W.... well, you get the point. :)

:thumbup:

David

PS - I just noticed that the tree leaves in the upper left corner seem to have halos on them. Perhaps from your SilverFX processing?