The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

shtarka1

Great shots, cuz!! That first one is stellar. Great catch on the second, and rockin' (as always) b/w!
Thanks a lot Lloyd! Went on a photo jaunt at 6am yesterday morn into Boston with a couple of buddies. It was 7 degrees with a wind chill of about 5 below!
Saw the kid standing on the cement podium while his friend was getting ready with his P&S. Stood off to the corner & fired when he did his Bruce Lee tribute!
It was Cold but Fun!

Lloyd

Thanks a lot Lloyd! Went on a photo jaunt at 6am yesterday morn into Boston with a couple of buddies. It was 7 degrees with a wind chill of about 5 below!
Saw the kid standing on the cement podium while his friend was getting ready with his P&S. Stood off to the corner & fired when he did his Bruce Lee tribute!
It was Cold but Fun!
Great results, but a price to pay for sure. How did your battery hold up in the cold?

m_driscoll

Osman/Jono/Lloyd/Steve: Thanks for looking and commenting.

Jono: Those guys are fixture in the market. They sing a cappella blues/gospel. By the way, they're standing in front of the very first Starbuck's. Ground zero!

Steve: Those are great. Hope to see more. It's a latest version noct (e60 with built-in hood) that i got about a year ago. First time on the M9. After shooting, I got a different diopter. My focus was off on about 1/2 the shots! It's a bitch getting old. Cheers

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

shtarka1

"Steve: Those are great. Hope to see more. It's a latest version noct (e60 with built-in hood) that i got about a year ago. First time on the M9. After shooting, I got a different diopter. My focus was off on about 1/2 the shots! It's a bitch getting old. Cheers"

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks Matt. Thats the version i'd like to get someday. I really wanted to buy Steve Huff's (Great Price too, 5G's!) but he had already traded it in. On Getting Old...,
As they Say, Its Better Than The Alternative!:)

woodyspedden

Hi Jono,
Congratulations on your triumph! It seems like an old tree that has weathered over many years, including the snow this winter. Your image is stunning, as always! Best regards.
Jono

I concur with the others about this shot. Very Very good.

I wonder if this tree would not be well served by fog? Perhaps a fog shot in Black and White. I believe it would add mystery to go with the wonderful shapes and forms of this object.

JMHO

Woody

Alnitak

Great results, but a price to pay for sure. How did your battery hold up in the cold?
I know you were asking shtarka about this, but I thought I would put in my experience here in Switzerland. I spent an entire day shooting in Geneva with an outdoor temperature of 25F. The battery did not last as long as it does when I am in Los Angeles, but it did last about 3/4 of the normal time. This is close to how my Canon would have performed in temperatures like this. I was fine with that performance.

Jeff

Alnitak

HI Jeff
Thank you!
I love the Geneva shots - especially the first one with the odd angle, I think it works really well. The WATE is such a winner with the M9 - none of the old hassles, and one can even fall in love with the frankenfinder :ROTFL:

Matt - your balloon man is really fine - excellent
Reynolds - love the Coffee Shop Quartet (if that's what it is!).

all the best
Jono: I can ALMOST fall in love with the frankenfinder! :eek: I still have to get used to focusing with one viewfinder and framing with another. When I was out in bright conditions shooting at a distance, I could stop down and focus using scale and hyperfocal principles, but then I would go inside and have to open up in tighter spaces. A bit tricky.

Jeff

otumay

You are a master, Steve! I love your shots in both Nikon and Leica forums, and these are no exception.
Best,
Osman

Lloyd

No, Osman is not being too generous... just accurate. I agree, and that second shot... what can I say? Amazing! :bugeyes:

DavidE

Spent last week at the CES tradeshow in Las Vegas. After the show closed on Sunday afternoon, I headed over to the new City Center hotels (I was staying at the cheapo cheapo Circus Circus).

Here are two shots from the Aria hotel using the M9 and 24 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the images don't load the first time.]

Lloyd

Spent last week at the CES tradeshow in Las Vegas. After the show closed on Sunday afternoon, I headed over to the new City Center hotels (I was staying at the cheapo cheapo Circus Circus).

Here are two shots from the Aria hotel using the M9 and 24 lux.
Great stuff, David. That second shot ROCKS!! :thumbup:

DavidE

Thanks, Lloyd. I really like that second one, as well. I seemed to arrive at the perfect time of day for the sun to be streaming in like that.

Here's the Samsung booth at CES. Almost everyone with a camera ended up here at one time or another during the show. Used the M9 and 24 lux again.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]