The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

S

sclamb

These are wonderful Simon. This last one in particular.
Thank you Lloyd.

Did a similar shot myself...

M8, CV 90 APO Lanthar:
Excellent picture. Seems to be a popular scenario :D

Simon and Lloyd, very good shots.
Osman
Thank you Osman.

Simon and Lloyd, great piano shots. I have something similar floating around if I can find it.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff. Please try and find yours - we can have a trio with Lloyd's one :D

sclamb/Lloyd: Nice piano shots. The DOF is wonderful.

sclamb: For some perverse reason, I've been thinking about getting the 24 lux (when they're ever available). I have the 24mm f/2.8. It seems that a big advantage to the 24 lux is more control over DOF, as in your first shot. Low light 's an obvious plus. DavidE's Vegas shots with it have also been very compelling. I'll probably sell the 21 f/2.8 and 24 f/2.8 to fund it,

Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
Thank you. The 24 Lux is a wonderful lens but not without its own challenges, such as purple fringing wide open (and even visible (just) at f/8) on some VERY high contrast edges. Very easy to correct in LR or C1 though.

For low light pictures where you want to capture the ambience of a scene it is a perfect lens.

Simon

oc garza

Lloyd and sclamb:
Love the piano shots guys, especially being married to a concert pianist and part time choral director.

Last edited:

jonoslack

Hi Woody
Lovely to see that someone else loves the WATE
Matt - great shiny machine
Piano Guys - splendid, but Simon, if you were a Nice Man you wouldn't show pictures like that taken with the 24 'lux :angry:

We have a new puppy . . . hopefully Blue won't eat him :eek:

I'm training him up in the art of photography
You could call him the

Billingham Puppy

MATE M9

His real name is Caspar, and he is a Berger des Pyrénées, and he is 7 weeks and 2 days old

m_driscoll

Steve: Thanks. I saw that you had more shiny machines on the Nikon pictures thread (sorry about your friend).

Woody: Beautiful sky and fronds. The tonality of the image's perfect.

Jono: Great puppy shots! The B & W's good. I looked up the breed and fortunately it's a relatively large dog (for a city house); so, I can show your photos to my wife. Congratulations on bring Caspar into the family.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

jklotz

I met this guy while photographing under a bridge. He asked what I was doing, I said I was an artist doing urban landscapes. He went into his bag and gave me a handful of colored magic markers and told me he was not an artist, and I'd probably know what to do with them better than he would. I took his portrait. M9, CV 50mm Nokton.

jonoslack

I met this guy while photographing under a bridge. He asked what I was doing, I said I was an artist doing urban landscapes. He went into his bag and gave me a handful of colored magic markers and told me he was not an artist, and I'd probably know what to do with them better than he would. I took his portrait. M9, CV 50mm Nokton.

Hi James
wonderful shot - amazing face, lots of faces are different from one side to the other, but I don't think I've ever seen anyone quite as different as that.

all the best

jklotz

Thanks Jono. Actually, I've ordered a 50 lux' , and if it ever gets here :rolleyes: I'll do a comparison between them. My suspicion is that my Nokton will be for sale afterwards, but I do like it for what it is.

jonoslack

Thanks Jono. Actually, I've ordered a 50 lux' , and if it ever gets here :rolleyes: I'll do a comparison between them. My suspicion is that my Nokton will be for sale afterwards, but I do like it for what it is.
HI James
. . . . well, I already have a 50 'lux, and it's a lovely lens (chrome). I used to have an E60 Nocti (latest f1 version). I did love it, but always felt uncomfortable with it in dodgy places . . . and I like my K cameras small too.

perhaps you just saved me! (especially as a quick f stop lookup reminded me that f1.1 to f1.4 is less than one stop)