The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

DavidE

There have been some terrific photos over the past week (I've been tied up with work). Here's one of the leftover images from the CES/Las Vegas trip, shot with the 50 lux.

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if it doesn't load the first time.]

jonoslack

Jono: But, not so big for the city! I have a friend in Canada who has a Portuguese Water dog. I was thinking of that; but, they've become a bit to "trendy". Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com
HI Matt
not so big indeed . . . . but I suspect not all that practical, I don't think you can leave them too easily, and they need a serious amount of exercise (we're exhausted already!). He looks a bit podgy, but in fact he's a streak of piss in a powder puff!

jonoslack

As promised in my comment on Jono's images, here are a few of our puppy, who will be coming home in two weeks. Her ears have not yet fully popped up, but they will be huge when they do! M9 + 50mm Summilux ASPH:
HI Jeff - that's adorable, and probably more practical than our little fellow, who is already making bids for world domination and tearing about the house and garden at 200 miles an hour (at 7 weeks and 2 days!). He has a novel way of stopping, which entails running straight into your legs, like being attacked by an atomic powder puff!

Alnitak

cute pup! He's smaller then her hands! What kind of dog is it?
She is a Toy Fox Terrier. We currently have one, a standard tri-color who is now ten years old. Little Izzy (short for Isabella) is an interesting cross between a tan and white and a tri-color, so her coloration is a bit unique. Here's our current Toy Fox Terrier, Astro (also a girl) with my daughter. M8.2 + 50mm Summilux ASPH at f/2:

Jeff

Alnitak

HI Jeff - that's adorable, and probably more practical than our little fellow, who is already making bids for world domination and tearing about the house and garden at 200 miles an hour (at 7 weeks and 2 days!). He has a novel way of stopping, which entails running straight into your legs, like being attacked by an atomic powder puff!
Thanks, Jono. While small, these dogs are still true terriers, and have a lot of spirit! The neighborhood mice should be gravely concerned. :eek:

Alnitak

Jeff, I absolutely adore that last shot.
Thanks, Kurt, it's a personal favorite. The story behind it is that we were getting some family photos taken in a state park, and as always I had my M8 on hand to shoot scenery, etc. While the photographer was changing lenses, my daughter started talking to the dog about some treats she had hidden in her closed fist. I saw Astro reach her paw up and fired off a series of shots on Continuous mode and got this one just as the paw touched her hand. The whole thing lasted no more than 2-3 seconds.

Jeff

leif e

Jeff! That is so nice! Any doggy-person will be moved by that one. :D

From Norway? Well, we can offer ... snow. :D This is nothing but a cliche. My point/excuse, however, is how impressing the cheap 4/25 Color Skopar (CV) is. I mean; the big lamp (top left corner) is the sun, after all.

This morning, walking a bigger dog than your cuties. :D M8

leif e

Last edited:

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Leif ... only another 10-12 weeks of snow? ;)

We had a mild January thaw over the weekend that unfroze the river. But, temperatures this week should refreeze it.

Kurt

Alnitak

Leif, nice shot. I used to live in WI, so I know all about snow! :D

Kurt, nice shots of the river in Milwaukee. I have to say I don't really miss all that ice and snow now that I live in southern CA.

Jeff

leif e

Dogs are very good at sorting things out, in my experience!

Our ideas of fairness and just/not just, don´t apply. Our Rulle thinks the world of himself as a male alfa or something. But; in the neighbourhood we have a very big and (close to serenity:D )calm dog who is something like a Russian Bear Dog/Hound. Anyway; Rulle met this guy for the first time five years ago, behaving very much like he owns the area (which he still thinks he does).

The Russian neighbour lifted his right front paw once, placed it (gently!) on Rulle´s neck once. Since then Rulle has looked the other way each time we see the guy. Language!:D

On the oter hand: On this large field we have here where dogs can run loose within safe borders, there is this little terrier thing. He will dominate every single dog around - and they all have a lot of fun.

jonoslack

Dogs are very good at sorting things out, in my experience!

Our ideas of fairness and just/not just, don´t apply. Our Rulle thinks the world of himself as a male alfa or something. But; in the neighbourhood we have a very big and (close to serenity:D )calm dog who is something like a Russian Bear Dog/Hound. Anyway; Rulle met this guy for the first time five years ago, behaving very much like he owns the area (which he still thinks he does).

The Russian neighbour lifted his right front paw once, placed it (gently!) on Rulle´s neck once. Since then Rulle has looked the other way each time we see the guy. Language!:D

On the oter hand: On this large field we have here where dogs can run loose within safe borders, there is this little terrier thing. He will dominate every single dog around - and they all have a lot of fun.
Hi Leif
of course you're quite right - on the other hand, our flatcoat (who was previously rather a subservient kind of a guy, and who has never, ever even growled at a person) was attacked three times by dogs over a relatively short period. He's fairly big, very fast and very fit, and his response to this experience has been to respond first if someone growls at him . . . which, of course, puppies do all the time - the fact that he's 40kg, and the puppy is probably 1.5 means that a reflex response could be very damaging (a paw on the neck for instance). Careful chaperoning is required for a few weeks at least!

In a month or so it should all be different - Caspar will be smaller (maybe 15kg), but much faster and more agile - they should have a lot of fun together (that's the idea at least!).

m_driscoll

HI Matt
not so big indeed . . . . but I suspect not all that practical, I don't think you can leave them too easily, and they need a serious amount of exercise (we're exhausted already!). He looks a bit podgy, but in fact he's a streak of piss in a powder puff!
Jono: Sounds like fun. Hopefully, your big dog won't squash him. Keep us apprised of his well-being with photos. Cheers.

m_driscoll

DavidE: Another nice B&W from Vegas. Dynamic.

Alnitak: Cute photo of your dog and your young lady. Nice moment with the paw and hand.

Leif e: Very pristine photo with the snow , single track and the low sun.

Woody: I had to google Mustique. Sorry i did. Well at least it's not raining here. The foliage and limb in the first photo make a pleasing contrast with the sand and cabana shadow. A question: is the photo compressed in width at all?

Thanks everybody for sharing. Cheers.