The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Yesterday's post. M8.2 + 24mm elmar + B+W 092 filter. Four frames handheld stitched. The 24mm is an all around sensational lens, but really excels at IR.

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
Today's post. More snow. M8.2 + 24mm Elmar + B+W 092. I shoot most of these at f 5.6 and ISO 640. That gives me 1/60 plus or minus which is ok for handholding with this lens.

DavidE

Another shot of the Aria hotel lobby in Las Vegas (M9 and 24 lux).

[My server tends to be slow. You may have to hit the refresh button if the image doesn't load the first time.]

m_driscoll

HI Matt
Thank you - don't want a D700 . . . you can't imagine how badly I don't want one (I did have one, and a D3 . . never could get to grips with the colour).
I do have an A900 and a zeiss 135 f1.8 though, and that's probably better for action stuff.

On the other hand, I think that jumping shot works better with the blur, at least in black and white.

all the best
Jono: I was being partly facetious. I figured if you wanted one, you'd have it (and your photography clearly doesn't suffer from the lack of one). I haven't checked over there recently. Did you give up on m4/3's? The blurred jumping shot is cool in B&W. Cheers.

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

Woody: Striking angle on the architecture shot. The three elements in your third shot and the tonality work very well. Soft vector to the right.

DavidE: Another great shot from that hotel lobby. I have to say that it really seems atypical of "Vegas".

Cheers.

leif e

Woody; love that first snow shot!
Jono! Someone said sharpness is a bourgeois concept. Or; was that fine grain :) I love those doggie shots!! :)
leif e

DavidE

DavidE: Another great shot from that hotel lobby. I have to say that it really seems atypical of "Vegas".
These days, there's always a newer, more expensive hotel, like the Aria, that is trying to attract the upper-tier gamblers. Apparently, the $2.99 lobster-and-steak dinner doesn't cut it with this group.

It's all lost on me, as I don't gamble. I just go to Vegas for some of the tradeshows there.

Here's a view of the Aria hotel from the outside. I have no idea what the canoe sculpture in the lower right-hand corner is all about. It was in front of one of the other Center Center hotels.

jonoslack

Jono: I was being partly facetious. I figured if you wanted one, you'd have it (and your photography clearly doesn't suffer from the lack of one). I haven't checked over there recently. Did you give up on m4/3's? The blurred jumping shot is cool in B&W. Cheers.

HI Matt
:)
I certainly haven't given up on M4/3 - really enjoying the EP1 with the pana 45 macro (makes a good and small companion to an M9). . . dithering whether to get an EP2.
Today however was with the A900 and the 135 f1.8 - slow at focusing but lovely images.

jonoslack

Woody; love that first snow shot!
Jono! Someone said sharpness is a bourgeois concept. Or; was that fine grain :) I love those doggie shots!! :)
leif e
Woody - wonderful snow shots.
Hi Leif
Thank you - certainly sharpness wasn't an option, so one may as well make a virtue of necessity!

roanjoh

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments :)

Have a few more to share....... now with the M8.2 and the Zeiss 21 f2.8 Biogon (This is one sharp lens!!)

Still getting used to shooting with this thing. I can't seem to automatically grab the camera and shoot - a lot of fiddling going on and my fingers keeps getting in the way when I focus...... It's fun learning it though.

Lloyd

Thanks guys for the wonderful comments :)

Have a few more to share....... now with the M8.2 and the Zeiss 21 f2.8 Biogon (This is one sharp lens!!)

Still getting used to shooting with this thing. I can't seem to automatically grab the camera and shoot - a lot of fiddling going on and my fingers keeps getting in the way when I focus...... It's fun learning it though.
Very nice work... beautiful, clean lines, and nice colors. Looking forward to more.

m_driscoll

HI Matt
:)
I certainly haven't given up on M4/3 - really enjoying the EP1 with the pana 45 macro (makes a good and small companion to an M9). . . dithering whether to get an EP2.
Today however was with the A900 and the 135 f1.8 - slow at focusing but lovely images.
Jono: Too many good camera choices. I still have my GH1. Just haven't used it recently. The m4/3's form factor and the interchangeability of lenses is very compelling. Cheers.