The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

J

jlp

Gorgeous image. Amazing color.
Thank you, Lloyd.

+1 and it sounds like there is an interesting story to go with the photo.
Thanks, O.C.; As I am finding out, there is more history than immediately available . . . I'll have to locate a local historian.

Well composed and balanced. The relative value of the colors and the light shadows all work well.
Thanks for the positive assessment of the photo. I truly enjoy your postings and am envious of the ever-present atmosphere of the fish market. Here, this time of year, the ice fishing is lackluster (at best) and the opportunities are limited.

John B, Jlp, Roan & Matt, all Inspiring & well Done!
Steve, thanks for taking time to look and comment.

Best,
Jack

John Black

Are the 35mm Biogon images taken with a M8 or M9? They have a very color in the highlight areas (like the reflections on the piping).

roanjoh

Driscoll - great shot of the fish market!! I like the repetition on the pendant lights and fish.

jlp - Beautiful colors and composition!!!

leif e

Thanks Lloyd.

Leif, you know your stave church architecture ... but your geography is a bit off. ;) It's the stave church at Ringebu.
I´m blushing from shame. If you see how I made an *** of myself re. Arne´s mountain shots (next page) from Lom ... Too close to Ringebu. :cussing:

leif e

J

jlp

I´m blushing from shame. If you see how I made an *** of myself re. Arne´s mountain shots (next page) from Lom ... Too close to Ringebu. :cussing:

leif e
Leif,

I enjoyed Kurt's photograph and your geographical assessment followed by Kurt's response gave me the opportunity to read some history of the Ringebu Stav Kirke . . . and for that I thank you both.

Best,
Jack

John Black

Some more clouds; I think the elevation at this point was somewhere around 4500 feet. M8 & 90mm Summicron -

And probably about 1000 feet lower -

shtarka1

J.B., These 2 have that European, ww2 look to them. Really puts you right into the image! Excellent IQ,Mood & Tone!

leif e

Leif,

I enjoyed Kurt's photograph and your geographical assessment followed by Kurt's response gave me the opportunity to read some history of the Ringebu Stav Kirke . . . and for that I thank you both.

Best,
Jack
Jack! You´re welcome! :D
leif e

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Leif, you are to be excused for not knowing every fjord, peak valley and remote village in a land with endless coasts and beautiful vistas. For me, it's fascinating to leave a country where fifty year old items are treated as antiques and visit a country where you can step into 800-900 year old wooden churches that are still attended by some of the ancestors of the people who probably first built the church. They are such a treasure trove of cultural identity.

Here are a couple of other images. One with one of the out buildings up the road built for the priest/minister. And the other of the inside of the church (it was hard to grab a good picture as there are restrictions on taking pictures inside -- which I covertly ignored by pretending to be a dumb tourist).

Kurt

jlm

Workshop Member
a few shots of a project going on in my shop:
hammer finished bronze vanity' will have an inset stone top and elliptical sink, wall mounted

Lloyd

a few shots of a project going on in my shop:
hammer finished bronze vanity' will have an inset stone top and elliptical sink, wall mounted
That really looks like it will be a gorgeous piece. Impressive work. :thumbup: