The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Thanks everyone for their kind words. This experience has brought me an entire new level of respect for people who shoot weddings with manual focusing. It might be my choice of shooting landscape where at the most I have to content with is a little wind however I found the most difficult part of the day was attempting to stay in focus just a couple inches or feet from the tank glass.

Here's a couple taken with the 90mm then I'm off to breakfast and loading the jeep for my drive to Yosemite. Enjoy!

Don
Very nice Don. Tough enough to focus the 90 through the air, let alone through glass. Love the "glow" of the last two especially.

leif e

Fantastic aqua colours, Don! Such a contrast to our time of year!:)

My 1,5/50 Nokton came back from a CLA and fix of loose lens element :eek: a couple of days ago. I haven´t been able to get out and try it until today, so I´d shoot just about anything. :D Good thing was; I could recognize the sharp, lovely lens I used to know! And; if I haven´t mentioned it before; we do get some snow around here - according to forecast, we´re not half done yet. :D
leif e
M8, 1,5/50 Nokton

Last edited:

Lloyd

Fantastic aqua colours, Don! Such a contrast to our time of year!:)

My 1,5/50 Nokton came back from a CLA and fix of loose lens element :eek: a couple of days ago. I haven´t been able to get out and try it until today, so I´d shoot just about anything. :D Good thing was; I could recognize the sharp, lovely lens I used to know! And; if I haven´t mentioned it before; we do get some snow around here - according to forecast, we´re not half done yet. :D
leif e
M8, 1,5/50 Nokton
Glad it's back in working order. Nice shots, especially that last one... the bokeh is outstanding. Yes, that does look like a place great XC skiers would live... in theory. :D

leif e

Exactly; in theory! :D Well, they claim to be ready for revenge today - in the team sprint competition. I guess we´ll see.:angel:
le

Alnitak

Lloyd,

I was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium back in early January. Lovely place, but definitely more challenging to focus on moving objects. I stuck with fast and wide to make it easier. M9 + 24 Summilux:

Jeff

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice ones, Jeff. And I agree. I think that VC 90/3.5 is a much under-appreciated lens. I love mine.
I would agree - very nice examples using the CV 90/3.5 and I'd challenge anyone to honestly tell whether they were shot with Leica glass or not. :thumbup: The CV 75/2.5 is also a stellar lens and an absolute bargain too.

Lloyd

Lloyd,

I was at the Monterey Bay Aquarium back in early January. Lovely place, but definitely more challenging to focus on moving objects. I stuck with fast and wide to make it easier. M9 + 24 Summilux:

Jeff
Very nice, Jeff. Great color.

shtarka1

Been away from here for a few days & Wow! So Many Mouthwatering Images!

A Few From Boston yesterday. Chinese New Year...

M9, 50 Noct, M8.2, 50 Lux
More at the website:)

KurtKamka

Subscriber Member
Leif, Jeff, Lloyd, Jim, Bart, Jono, Aboudd, Boy, Matt, Steve and anyone else I've forgotten, nice shots!

Steve, I agree with Lloyd, that last shot is fantastic.

Kurt

leif e

Glad it's back in working order. Nice shots, especially that last one... the bokeh is outstanding. Yes, that does look like a place great XC skiers would live... in theory. :D
And some times in practice as well, wouldn´t you say, Loyd. Northug and Pettersen were the bosses today.:D:D Heia Norge!:D

le

jonoslack

Why not a puppy shot? This dog is so photogenic, when she sits still for more than a few seconds. M9 + Voigtlander 90mm f/3.5 APO-Lanthar, wide open. This is one SHARP lens.
Hi Jeff
They don't stay still do they . . .except when they're asleep!

Here's a recent one of our 11 week old puppy:
M9 75 'cron