The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The All New More and More Fun With Digital M Images

Lloyd

Thanks Lloyd.

Taken at sunset. The shadow of a large rock has reached the ground but the bush is still illuminated by sunlight. Lasted about 10 second when the bush turned dark. I was lurking around the moving terminator of the shadow looking for something like this.
Great catch.

ashwinrao1

@DavidE: My gosh, man, these are spectacular shots you have been posting. I love the post-processing here. Very good color renditions in your color shots, a

@Dierk: Terrific 1st post. That portrait is splendid indeed, and shows how sharp that lens really is! My lens lust is creaping in...

@Woody Campbell: Lovely work with the WATE. I have been looking for a reason to take mine out for a spin....sometime soon. Until then, I will enjoy your work. Lovely!

ashwinrao1

All taken with a circa 1960's Tele-Elmar 135 f/4, on the M9. Beautiful lens that seems reborn on the M9, to my eyes:

ashwinrao1

It was a beautiful day in Seattle. I was at Discovery Park, and re-visited this scene today, thought this shot was taken last July with the M8..

And while celebrating my home, how about one more pic:

m_driscoll

Kurt: Thanks. Great "impromptu shoot". all three all sensational; but, the third one is Wow!

Steve: Thanks. I'm not going to any deeper into that comment about the fish. That second shot is wonderful. You caught a definitive moment: the OOF cigarette, the wine bottle, and the amused smirk.

Knorp: Nice still life. The PP is very painterly (good way). Your next three shots are very cool. What's the NDSM yard?

Lloyd: Thanks.

Jeff: Great use of your inferior equipment! The colors are alive. Have fun. I was only hassled in London once. That was in the "City" when i was trying to photograph an office building. I guess an American tourist with their wife daughter and her boyfriend are pretty suspicious. The noct would be fun to take to Covent Gardens at night!

Ashwin: Thanks. The tulips should be there by the thousands.

Carlos: Nice capture. I like the look she's giving the dog!

David: Thanks. I think I'm going to do a small show of some the Market photos in a month or two. It's an excuse to do large prints. It's kind of spooky; but, i was born in 1947 and was called Larry (middle name) for the first 20 years of my life, and, i had curly hair. I like the detail and the OOf in the second B & W: lots of little things to look at.

Dierk: Welcome and very nice 1st post. That's the second photo that i noticed recently that was PP'd with Topaz. I'll have to investigate. Thanks for sharing.

David: Great NY shots. I also like the second one. I've been trying to photograph people taking photos whenever i can. The first and third are great street shots. Again, lots to look at. The selective focus in the third one works very well to contrast the people and the billboard clones (and South Pacific - that's a strange juxtaposition!).

Arne: Nice landscape. I like the composition with just a sliver of the distant hills. The direction of the windblown grass and the sliver generate an exceptional sense of perspective depth for a close-up photo. Well done.

Yamas: You're welcome. Post some more.

Woody: Nice capture and thanks for the explanation. The light almost emanates from the bush.

Ashwin: Terrific B & W's of the tractor and cars. Looks like a rough neighborhood. The baby shower shots and the skyline are also great. The Discovery Park one is very evocative of the era when that was last used as Army housing. I haven't been up there in a long time.

John: Nice portrait of two happy people.

Cheers,

http://mdriscoll.zenfolio.com

m_driscoll

The office move has settled down to the point where I got the camera out today. The first is the view from my new office's deck on Lake Union. The others are in, and from, the marina, the office is part of. Thanks for looking. Cheers.

1. M9; 50mm f/2; 1/125 s @ f/9.5; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

2. M9; 50mm f/2; 1/500 s @ f/2; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

3. M9; 50mm f/2; 1/2000 s @ f/2.4; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

4. M9; 50mm f/2; 1/125 s @ f/9.5; +1/3 EV; ISO 160

Alnitak

Thanks Lloyd.

Taken at sunset. The shadow of a large rock has reached the ground but the bush is still illuminated by sunlight. Lasted about 10 second when the bush turned dark. I was lurking around the moving terminator of the shadow looking for something like this.
The effort was well worth it--great shot.

Jeff

Alnitak

Jeff: Great use of your inferior equipment! The colors are alive. Have fun. I was only hassled in London once. That was in the "City" when i was trying to photograph an office building. I guess an American tourist with their wife daughter and her boyfriend are pretty suspicious. The noct would be fun to take to Covent Gardens at night!

Thanks Mike. I regularly come here for work, and spent six months here in 2008. While I enjoy my time here, I really miss my wife and daughter; hopefully they can come out in a few months time. I actually will be spending a few months here this year, just like 2008. I will have to head over to Covent Gardens some evening.

I have now been stopped twice, both times in the City. I suppose as one of the leading global financial centers, security is much tighter, but its a bit excessive and as you point out, they don't seem to think about who they stop. It's a different society here; the number of security cameras is amazing--I would guess that I can't walk nearly anywhere in the City proper and not be covered on video.

Jeff

Alnitak

I took a train yesterday to Dover and went to see Dover Castle. Unfortunately it was a cloudy day, so the lighting was less than ideal. I did get some nice shots. Here are two renactors playing the roles of Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane. M9 + 24mm 'lux wide open:

Thomas Becket's chapel, M9 and 24mm 'lux, f/2:

One of the few shots where I had any blue skies. The space is tight inside the main curtain wall, so wide is the way to go. This is the main keep, built in the 12th century, M9 + 24mm 'lux, f/5.6:

Off for a rare sunny day in London!

Jeff